Non-Disney Artwork

Started by MizzRabbit, August 20, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Hmmm I'm not sure this can be classified as artwork but I'll put it here anyway! One of my other hobbies (besides drawing) is cross stitching. Well, tonight is a momentous occasion - I have finally finished my biggest project to date, that has been ongoing for almost 7 years  :D/

(Sorry about the blurred pic, I have a rubbish camera!) It does need washing though as the fabric is stained a little at the top :( I usually only do a little bit at a time of these as it's so painstaking and a killer for the eyes, but yesterday I saw the light at the end of the tunnel with this one and so I've been stitching for pretty much two days straight!  :shock: My head hurts so badly now but the end result is worth it, the picture doesn't really do it justice! :)

\":lamp:\"

MizzRabbit

OMG!!! I love it!! I so want to learn how to do that! Is it difficult? And can you make your own designs or is that too hard? I really love it!! If you ever decide to take commissions let me know! I'd love a custom one to hang on my wall! I'm really in awe over you right now!!

Well, I originally went to this thread to post a bit of a drawing to get some critical feedback. Here it is. Lay it on me.

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Well, I originally went to this thread to post a bit of a drawing to get some critical feedback. Here it is. Lay it on me.

You want it huh? Do you really want the honest truth. Okay then, you asked for it...

[spoiler:93glae1n]Your drawing is FANTASTIC! I honestly believe that you can not make that drawing any better than it already is. It's perfect. Well done =D>[/spoiler:93glae1n]

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Well, I originally went to this thread to post a bit of a drawing to get some critical feedback. Here it is. Lay it on me.

You want it huh? Do you really want the honest truth. Okay then, you asked for it...

[spoiler:1fnkn7yg]Your drawing is FANTASTIC! I honestly believe that you can not make that drawing any better than it already is. It's perfect. Well done =D>[/spoiler:1fnkn7yg]

Aww, you're a sweety! I can make it better though and I will!!

Well, here's another piece I thought I'd just add. It's Twilight/New Moon fanart... It's all about Bella's desires, dreams and fears but I wont go into any details as I don't want this to be a spoiler.

EDIT: Just remembered the spoiler function. Here's what the picture means: [spoiler:1fnkn7yg]The right half of Bella's face represents the human part, the part that can grow old and die, whiter away. The other half is the cold pristine vampire half, the part she longs for the most. The red lines represent the surface cracking, her dreams turning to dust as Edward leaves her and everything she desires vanishes. Well, that's it I suppose. I'm a nerd![/spoiler:1fnkn7yg]

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

burntsienna

Omg! that's amazing Honey!
And is completely not what you said it was to me!!!
I love it!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I also love your drawing above too!
I'm so jealous right now!
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"OMG!!! I love it!! I so want to learn how to do that! Is it difficult? And can you make your own designs or is that too hard? I really love it!! If you ever decide to take commissions let me know! I'd love a custom one to hang on my wall! I'm really in awe over you right now!!
Aww thanks :oops: It's not hard to learn to do as such, you just have to have a lot of patience and be able to follow a pattern! I do know people who make their own designs, I'm not quite that good yet though! Someday I hope to be...! I've just started my latest project, which is.... a Disney one!! Hopefully it won't take 7 years to complete this time!

\":lamp:\"

Pete's Dragon

Been messing around on Photoshop all morning, when I really should be revising. But here's what I've come up with  :D

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Been messing around on Photoshop all morning, when I really should be revising. But here's what I've come up with  :D

I think I make a good Na'Vi. Must give Mr. Cameron a call, see if there's any openings for the sequel

luke85

^ This is awesome, very impressive!

burntsienna

Ooooooh! Pete's Dragon! thats amazing! I really wanted one of me so I was searching the internet to see if there was a simple way of doing it lol!

I haven't posted on here for aaaaages!
But here's some updates of my recent work.

HildeKitten

pink_danio

wow there are some really talented people on here. I havent the time these days to draw much :( i have drawn up a few tattoos

hilde this is fantastic - http://www.flickr.com/photos/houseofsec ... 132103219/

HildeKitten

burntsienna

Update

CafeFantasia

Wow. Amazing drawings. They're like real people trying escape from the paper :-) Excellent work.