The Disney Store (UK) - Cardiff PHOTOS ! Now Closed !

Started by Owain, August 16, 2008, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aveen2008

Aww great photos! It looks like a good enough size! Of course it could never be big enough for all of us Disney madders! :wink:

I have only been to two Disney Store's, my Nearest one is in Belfast N.Ireland which is about an hours drive away :D  and then I have been to the one in the Trafford Centre in Manchester but it was really small!! :shock:

Aveen xxxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

loulou

We have a brand spanking new Disney Store in Liverpool in the new shopping area and its IMO awful!!!

Its smaller than the original- which had two floors and animatronics.
The only disney animatronics it has is a moving rail along the top of the wall going round the shop with clear half moon holders to sit medium soft toys in (at the moment its Wall:E
the floor is cool, blue and sparkly but i feel its lost its charm.

Abd the merchandise is all for children, i collect snowglobes and they dont sell them anymore, a cast member told me they are only available online now, the same with ornaments, jewellery and adult clothing which is annoying because before i spend £75 on a snowglobe i expect to see it infront of me

:cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:
When you wish upon a star

Owain

Some people may have heard of the "St Davids 2 Shopping Centre" development, where cardiff is evolving into a bigger and better shopping destination. Due to the recession so far only 52% of stores have been filled so far. On bad thing is that nearly half the shops moving into the new centre are already in the area. Stores like H&M, Claires and THE DISNEY STORE !. This came as a shock to me because not so long ago i posted photos o the store.

//http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5270&hilit=cardiff

Which got alot of nice feedback, which i think hearing from alot of people it was a change to the new disney store facelifts. Now where either going to be a london ( With double stores everywhere). Or the coming months are the last for the retro disney store cardiff. I love this store because it hasnt changed all my life ive visited it and it would be a shame to loose the old animatronics and store window models.  :cry:

Agent Lex

Wait, actual animatronics in the store? Far as I know, not even London stores have them (none of the four we have)! It would be a real shame to see them go, I can only hope Disney decide to cut costs and move a lot of the existing theming to the new store.

disneydaniel

The Plush Mountain was removed in all stores because people did jump in it! and hurt themselves! lol. It wasn't worth the grief! Disney Store are still doing adult bits! They are just going to be a bit more trendy than before so funky character tees (That fit your body) and cool bags! gone are they days of poorly fitting apparel! There will be loads of adult stuff again by christmas!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "loulou"We have a brand spanking new Disney Store in Liverpool in the new shopping area and its IMO awful!!!

Its smaller than the original- which had two floors and animatronics.
The only disney animatronics it has is a moving rail along the top of the wall going round the shop with clear half moon holders to sit medium soft toys in (at the moment its Wall:E
the floor is cool, blue and sparkly but i feel its lost its charm.
It sounds like the Manchester store. There's more stuff for adults in there now though, there's some really cute t-shirts that I was so tempted by yesterday! ;)

\":lamp:\"

Javey74

Quote from: "Owain"
Mmmm, not sure about Mickey, his head doesn't look right at all, I think it's the ears.  :?

Though in general the store looks great, it actually reminds me of the store we used to have in Newcastle as Alpop mentioned, before it closed quite a few years ago..  :wink:  Especially the external design using the film strip idea..  :D

Thanks for sharing Owain..  =D>

Masamune

:) I remember years and years ago when the old Manchester store in St Anne's Square had that Pinocchio statue and that Little Mermaid statue. :( I really love those sort of things.

:shock: But where is the Cheshire Cat? *Pokes around the other Alice characters*

Willow

The old Liverpool store used to have models which moved but they broke years ago.
The new style stores are much better, they look more welcoming and I love the shiny floor.

The old stores are too 90s now, the new style are worthy replacements.

Owain

Quote from: "Willow"The old Liverpool store used to have models which moved but they broke years ago.
The new style stores are much better, they look more welcoming and I love the shiny floor.

I went in the store today and alot of the animatronics were working, its amazing its kept in such good condition. I really hope it does not close.

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "Willow"The old Liverpool store used to have models which moved but they broke years ago.

I went in the store today and alot of the animatronics were working, its amazing its kept in such good condition. I really hope it does not close.

I was there last Tuesday Owain... and I think I might have found a solution...

Letters to Head Office... Stating that with the Current economic position... the letting of a store which would in fact allienate those who travel from the far East of the Country to the Store...

Therefore infact the Plans to move the Beautiful aesthetic store from its well known and located Home... to part of the New Development in Cardiff should indeed be cancelled and a New Store Should be opened further East within Wales... Like in Swansea (Port Talbot would be grand but Highly unlikely)...

Doubt it would work...but It would make my purchases in Disney more frequent and allow me more time in stores as a whole... cause the 15minute window (OK Sometimes an hour) I have during a trip to Cardiff does not allow Sufficiant time to find what exactly I want (Decisions mainly)
 :mrgreen:

kiki_304

Last time I took my boys to the Cardiff store (Just before xmas last year) I was quite disappointed with what was in store.   It used to sell really great stuff and you could always find bargains, but it seems to be lacking something of late.

I will pop in next time I take my little ones to Cardiff as they love walking up the ramp and seeing all the characters in the wall and windows.  Hopefully I will find something I just have to buy.

15MagicalYears

My store doesn't have big enough windows to have as big displays as that but they still have those pretty statues around the ceilings :)

Owain

Saw a sign in the disney store today saying we are closing October 20th  :cry:

The new store is opening October 22nd in our new home @ St Davids 2.

Sad as the disney store has held its place there for years (decades maybe?), with its beautiful retro feel. Today a quick look saw that the alice in wonderland and little mermaid animatronics were moving!

I really dont know what can replace this store, i mean the whole area around the store is themed to disney aswell.

Owain

Store now CLOSED !  :(  :cry:

Walked in to the store today knowing it was the last day it would be open. I had to visit it one last time as it has been my local and favourite store since i was a baby.

Cast member approached me and said "If theres something you cant find, dont worry. We are opening our new better store in the new st. davids 2 this thursday".

My reply was "Why get rid of this one, its been here all my life!"

Hers was "The new ones better, it has sparkly floor :) "

So everythings good now, yes probably no retro figures or animatronics, but the new store has sparkly floor !  :shock:  :roll: