The Disney Store (UK) - Cardiff PHOTOS ! Now Closed !

Started by Owain, August 16, 2008, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

Thought id share with everyone my local disney store. I hadnt been in there in ages so today i went in with my mates for a few minutes to take photos for people on the forum :). Its suprizingly quite big !

Heres cardiffs store :) (BTW there taken on my phone camera which isnt amazing!)

Outside;

Animatronics/Statues;

Inside the shop;

Entrance/Sign;

What you think ?  :lol:

Owain

Photos are up ! :)

Alpop

i think that this is a good looking store. Love all the figures.
Even like the retro touch of giant VHS casettes lying down in the wondow

MizzRabbit

Great pics! Wish we had a Disney store in Denmark...

How much different is the merchandise from that of dlrp?

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

madame_leota

looks like a fantastic disney store. we had a 2 floor store in bristol up untill about 5 years ago but it closed down. there is still one in bristol but its difficult for me to get to as no busses go out that way. but i could always make a special trip to cardiff, its only a while away on the train!  :D/

disney_donutter

the photos look brill!! I went x-mas shopping to cardiff a couple of years ago, but I didnt see it there.  but then again I wasnt really looking for it either.. lol.

Owain

Quote from: "disney_donutter"the photos look brill!! I went x-mas shopping to cardiff a couple of years ago, but I didnt see it there.  but then again I wasnt really looking for it either.. lol.

Its in the centre of the queens arcade and the 2nd level :), if that makes any sence. I wonder if they will update the store by moving it to the new st davids 2 next year ?

By the way you maybe suprized but sevral of the animatronics still WORK !  :shock:  :lol:
Including Alice and Ariel :)

madame_leota

Quote from: "disney_donutter"the photos look brill!! I went x-mas shopping to cardiff a couple of years ago, but I didnt see it there.  but then again I wasnt really looking for it either.. lol.

werent looking, lisa i think i might keel over in shock! since when did you go somewhere and NOT look for a disney store???

Owian, i caqnt beleive you have anamatronics there, im jelous. the bristol disney store is PANTS compared. although they do have an awsome floor!! lol next time im there i will get a pic but its probably going to be nearer crimbo!

Patrick

Wow I even see Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormont, why can no other Disney store be like that, it looks so old, yet looked after.  Even visiting Oxford Street store in London yesterday it looks so rubbish and confused at what the store interior wants to be compared to that Cardiff store.  Now how to get to Cardiff :lol: .

Clarebelle

Quote from: "MizzRabbit"Great pics! Wish we had a Disney store in Denmark...

How much different is the merchandise from that of dlrp?

Disneyland Paris Merchendise is ten times better!!!

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Owain

Quote from: "Owain"
This tv seemed to just advertise Disney Channel.
It use to play DISNEY MOVIES ! :shock:
And advertise WDW and DLRP.

There use to be a huge semi cirle stand attached to the wall under the T.V (The t.v use to be a bit smaller and higher up) with hundreds of disney teddys ! All the soft toys of every disney character would be there for you to choose. Big ones at the top and small ones at the bottom. Sad really that it went :(

Alpop

Quote from: "Owain"There use to be a huge semi cirle stand attached to the wall under the T.V (The t.v use to be a bit smaller and higher up) with hundreds of disney teddys ! All the soft toys of every disney character would be there for you to choose. Big ones at the top and small ones at the bottom. Sad really that it went :(

The Newcastle one used to have this too, I feel it was much better than stuffing them in shelves. Partularily glass shelves. I picked up Clubhouse Mickey the other month and it kept sliding off the shelf when i put it back.  So I bought it!

Clarebelle

AWWW I miss the teddy bear pool at the back of our Disney Store! didnt you just want to jump in it?!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Owain

Quote from: "Clarebelle"AWWW I miss the teddy bear pool at the back of our Disney Store! didnt you just want to jump in it?!

YES ! But id never do that...  :roll:  :lol:

Jake

Taking these photos was a funny expirience owain, hoping not to get the weirdest looks off people! ahaha
Pat, you should come down and check out the store :)

Great pictures Owain