Favourited Animated Scene from a Disney Movie

Started by Pete's Dragon, November 07, 2008, 08:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

What scene in a Disney movie is the most magical? When you watch a film, which part fills you with awe because of its beautiful animation. That makes you realise just how extremely talented the animators are, and how much work it must have taken to create. Something that, for you, sums up what the magic of Disney is really about.

For me it's a toss up between two scenes. The first is The Little Mermaid when Ariel sings Part of Your World. Right at the very end of the song when her hair moves away from her face as she's reaching up to the surface. The second is when everyone is being put to sleep in Sleeping Beauty. There's just something about both scenes that ignites my imagination every time I watch them.

burntsienna

I absolutally love the part in The Little Mermaid when Ariel has been transformed into a human and she bursts out of the water and her hair flys backwards, I think that would be an amazing photograph. I also love the bit when she's trying to tidy her hair, because I like the way her hair looks lol!

I love the final scene of Sleeping Beauty when the fairies keep changing her dress colour.

hmmm which others oooo Mulan!! when everyone bows to her! I get so like :o everytime

And Tarzan when you hear his call and he comes to the rescue of his family!

And sooooo many more  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

MinniesBestPal

I absolutely ADORE the scene in Cinderella when the Mice and Birds are making her dress, and in TLM when Ariel flips her head out of the water, and the part where she's on the rock singing and the waves just crash up behind her.

Another part I like is in Peter Pan when Tink goes behind the leaf and turns red!

Javey74

My favourite scene is a one taken from Pinocchio, the one in Geppetto's clock workshop.  It always fills me with atonishment everytime I watch it, since each clock is different and has a different scene for the 'on the hour strike'.  The imagination of the animators is astounding, where did they get all those ideas from.  Another part of the scene is when everyone has settled down to sleep, including the little fly... :mrgreen:  Brilliant sound effects, very well thought out.  :wink:  :D

It had to be Disney.. =D>  :D/

penfold12

for totaly different reasons, the scene in pocohontas where see first meets john smith. Animation usually is driven by movement because it is hard to convey emotion without it, particularly facial. This scene was intentially filmed the same as a live action scene. They see each other and say nothing, just stare for at least half a minute. It shouldn't work as it's animation, but due to the skill of the animators it conveys the emotion fantasticaly

kurgly_bird

after watching the lion king a couple of days ago, i think one of mine has to be when simba climbs up pride rock in rain looking up to mufasa in the sky. I just love that as a moment, it's so emotional and the music is great.

x x x

Clarebelle

mine has to be ...
[youtube:1lyj3xy3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJr1ixBdIc&feature=related[/youtube:1lyj3xy3]

especially the bit at 2.50 disney magic at its best!

and ... [youtube:1lyj3xy3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUCpCimC2f4[/youtube:1lyj3xy3]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

burntsienna

ooo I also love the bit in Hercules when he saves Meg and comes back a God!  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

SophieD

One of my Fav's has to be from 101 Dalmations when all 99 puppies go into the soot and pretend to be dalmations!! then they go through the snow past cruella and snow drips on them and she sees there the puppies!!

I also like the part in Snow White where she sing's Whistle While You Work it always makes me smile!!  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Snow_White_Girl

I have two particular favourites...

The beginning of the Little Mermaid when the credits are on the screen, and everything's done in silhouette until you see Triton's palace - I remember watching it in the cinema when I was about 5 and sitting there like  :o

And in Sleeping Beauty when Philip wakes Aurora up and all the colour comes back to her face... So simple yet so beautiful :)

\":lamp:\"

never2old

I love the scene in Sleeping Beauty when Aurora and Prince Philip meet, that scene has everything: a beautiful song, a lot of emotion, and humour too, all in beautiful animation. That's my favourite scene.

Followed probably by the God Save the Outcasts song in Hunchback on Notre Dame, I can't watch that scene without a little tear, everything's so beautiful!

Luigi

there are many for me.
Just to name one: the flight scene from Peter Pan in London is really great imo. Beautiful view of London.

Or the scene from beauty and the beast, when the Beast and Belle dance in the huge ball room.

Aveen2008

As someone else mentioned I love the scene from the lion king when Simba is climbing to the top of Pride rock in the rain,
 -I also love when Mufasa appears in the sky.
- the dramatic scene when the heard of wilderbeast are coming over the mounatin edge and running toward simba
-The scene in pocahontas in colours of the wind when the two eagles heads morp into pochahontas and john smith.
-I love the animation on the hunchback of notre dame and the details of the cathedral are just amazing!
-Esmeralda singing god help the outcasts
-I too love when ariel is on the rock singing part of your world and the wave crashes behind her
-during bella notte when there is a sparkle in lady's eye as she looks to the sky

There is just so many scenes!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Captain Pan

Now this has made me think... A Dangerous Thing I know...

But in no Particular order than how I remember them...

Basil the Great Mouse Detective
- Basil & Rattigans fight in Big Ben: A Scene that still up to now has me on the edge of my seat.

The Lion King
- The Start with the presentation of Simba, the Sunrise and everything just drops my jaw to the floor.
- Simba's moment looking into the pool and seeing Mufassa's reflection and then Seeing it in the Constellations, its so Wow!

Beauty & the Beast
- Transformation at the End where our Beast becomes Prince Adam.
- Be Our Guest... Its just so entertaining
- Belle- Her Costumes Are Stunning and pretty.  The Musicals Characterization of both her and the Dresses were like watching the movie all over again
- Beauty & The Beast Song Sequence... The Camera Angles, the Music and The Cheorgraphy... Simply a Classic (and copied exactly for Enchanted's 'So Close' number with Robert and Giselle)

Sleeping Beauty
- Prince Phillip & Aurora's first meeting... Its so funny and the Squirrels are so funny too!
- Phillip's determination and travel to get to Aurora... The Obstacles and Animation Are Great

Tarzan
- Stranger Like Me
-Trashin' The Camp... Its like Be our Guest with Animals
-Son Of Man
-Two Worlds one Family opeining with the Human and Ape Camps

That's all I can think of for now... Unless we're classifying the Pixar Movies as Disney Animation

never2old

Oh, after reading your post CP, I have to add Beauty and the Beast. How could I forget the Be Our Guest and the ball scene? I also love the narration at the beginning - the voice doing it is great, and the animation, with the glass windows, is beautiful. One of my favourite movies!