5th - 12th July 2008 Trip Report

Started by Katie-Sparrow, July 19, 2008, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katie-Sparrow

Hi Everyone,
We've (Me, my mam, dad, gran and three lil sisters) just got back from DLRP last saturday and had a great time!
i wish so much that i was back there now  :(
but my mam and dad have promised to renew the annual passports in a.s.a.p and we're gettin 18 months for the price of 12  :D !!!
The weather was great and when it did rain it stayed hot so that was a bonus lol.
This time we travveled by car which was okay but a long drive from county durham!
We set off at mid-night on friday 11th july and got to the explorers hotel at dinner-time and we went straight to the studio's  :D  
So Day one started at about 1pm in the studio's.
We got the shuttle bus to the parks and headed for the studio's, we were so happy we were finally there!
Here's the order of things we did -
cinemagique
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
tower of terror
 & tram tours
Then we headed to the park itself =D !!!
We walked straight down mainstreet taking pictures on our way and went to frontierland to try to get fast-passes for big thunder mountain and while we were waiting for them we went on phantom manor and the riverboat Molly Brown!
So we got on big thunder mountain our fave ride and then went to fantasyland (to get an ice-cream) and then discoveryland onto star-tours, buzz lightyear, space mountain and then at about 8pm went back to the hotel, it'd been a very long day!
At the explorers hotel we got 7 of our favourate cocktails and a some pizza's downstairs.
So that's day one Lol, Hope that didn't sound boring, because it wasn't at all lol!!!
I will do day two and put pictures on shortly :) xxx
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

Katie-Sparrow

Here Are Some Picture's Of Day One. x

Katie-Sparrow

Day Two

We woke up especially early to get our magic hours in the park so we headed straight to buzz lightyear. That ride just gets better everytime! My dad's face on it is so funny, Pricless lol! When we got off everyone went back on but me and my dad went on space mountain the best ride for thrills! I was so pleased to be there, the weather was beautiful and the scenery and just the atmosphere at dlrp in general.
I can't actually remember that much but i know we had a lovely ice-cream from near small world, that was delicious as always! chocolate flavour and pistachio  :)
I remember us getting fastpasses for big thunder mountain later that night so we passed time by going back to the hotel for dinner at brioche doree.
This night was my favourate out of the whole holiday we watched fantillusion and then the enchanted fireworks which were excellent!
And also our first ride on pirates of the carribean and big thunder mountain which are out ultiamte fave's!
And then we got back to the hotel at about midnight  :lol:
It'd been so good xxx

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Thanks for sharing :wink:

The family seems to be having a great time in the pics :D

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Katie-Sparrow

Here Are Some Pics of Day Two. x

Katie-Sparrow

Day 3 - Monday

Well We woke up at seven in the mornin and went straight for breakie, the good thing about getting up early is that you can get your magic hours in the park :) So of course we headed for buzz lightyear and then popped round to snow white and pinocchio. I love those little rides but i've always found them a bit too jerky and fast. At the start i want to look at all the little details when the dwarfs are playing the piano its soo lovely but you don't get time, it just whizzes you round  :lol:  !!!
We then went to big thunder mountanin for fastpasses and went on POTC untill the fastpasses were due. After big thunder mountain (the most wonderful ride ever) we went for dinner in hakuna matata, which was nice and the decor inside is great! I was surprised to eat in there because its never usually open but i really enjoyed it!
Then we got a bit tired and decided to go back to the explorers hotel for a little rest but my sisters would rarther play on the boat lol. We had tea at Brioche Doree in the hotel and went back out heading for the studio's :) We went straight for crush but none of us fancied waitin 90 minutes, plus there was no fastpass machines for crush when we were there  :(  !!  So instead we went on the tower of terror and rock 'n' rollercoaster  :P  Them rides are great on both of them you get that funny feeling in your belly, its so funny especially when you put your legs out infront of you on the tower they fly up!
I can't remember much after that unfortunately :( but i know on this night we didn't stay out for long because our feet were really hurting and burning because of the heat! but we had a great day. I'll Put some pics on a.s.a.p :)
xxx

Katie-Sparrow

Here are Some Pic's Of Day Three

Javey74

Thanks for sharing your trip report, with some all important photo's.... :D

I must say your parents are brave, driving to DLRP from County Durham, I'm 6 mile north of you, and I can imagine the sort of trip you must have had getting there. :shock:  :shock:  :D

Alison

Hi javey 74 I'm Katie's mam. It is a bit of an arduous trip but we try and time it so the children sleep for most of the journey and it's usually not till about Thurrock that they wake up. Then they're excited so scraps are usually kept to a minimum. We also have 2 DVD players to keep them occupied and lots of space in either a Ford Galaxy or Vauxhall Zafira. In the meantime I play navigator and my husband drives having had a good bit of sleep the day before.
We always used to fly but our last flight to Disney was Summer 2007. We have driven at Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Summer 2008 since then and we go back 31/8. Main reason we decided to try the car option was because of the hikes in plane fares. Our best flight was from Teesside airport but then BMI Baby pulled out. We used to get flights for about £380 for 7 of us but you never find that now.
Anyway I can heartily recommend taking the car - and the girls say that they actually prefer it now as part of the holiday.
That said I would never go by bus. After all with your own car you can go at your own pace with no restrictions.
Katie and I have just looked at your website - lovely pics etc.!

Javey74

Quote from: "Alison"Hi javey 74 I'm Katie's mam. It is a bit of an arduous trip but we try and time it so the children sleep for most of the journey and it's usually not till about Thurrock that they wake up. Then they're excited so scraps are usually kept to a minimum. We also have 2 DVD players to keep them occupied and lots of space in either a Ford Galaxy or Vauxhall Zafira. In the meantime I play navigator and my husband drives having had a good bit of sleep the day before.
We always used to fly but our last flight to Disney was Summer 2007. We have driven at Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Summer 2008 since then and we go back 31/8. Main reason we decided to try the car option was because of the hikes in plane fares. Our best flight was from Teesside airport but then BMI Baby pulled out. We used to get flights for about £380 for 7 of us but you never find that now.
Anyway I can heartily recommend taking the car - and the girls say that they actually prefer it now as part of the holiday.
That said I would never go by bus. After all with your own car you can go at your own pace with no restrictions.
Katie and I have just looked at your website - lovely pics etc.!
Ahhh, thanks for sharing that Alison, and thanks for your kind compliments..... :D  But I wonder, how much would the petrol/diesel cost instead... :?:

Alison

Yes petrol costs a fortune too doesn't it. I suppose it depends on your car and how many miles you get to the gallon - we've found that French supermarket prices are a bit better than UK at the mo so we fill up there mostly.
29 days and counting!

Disney_Princess

Nice report!!

Alison- I nearly died at £156 for 2 of us flying Easyjet from Newcastle Airport in December, I don't envy you having 7 flights to pay for one bit!!

Infact they were the cheapest flights we could find between Manchester and Newcastle... I live in Manchester my financé lives in Sunderland.
[size=150]Every girl deserves to be a Princess... To be a Disney one makes you extra special[/size]