Fantasyland Expansion Rumours - Little Mermaid and more

Started by Kristof, August 09, 2008, 02:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow_White_Girl

Oh I really hope DLRP gets a Little Mermaid ride, I would love it! :D

\":lamp:\"

Riebi

I would love to see little mermaid in the park! And I would love even more to see our original version of it opppposite of bella note! I loved this DVD-Attraction-Special so much and it would be sad to see it changed into the californian version. But I also know that the chances for this are very small.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

howtodeal

It looks amazing, Ariel deserves her own ride  :D
but from the concept art, it looks more like a performance of "Kiss the Girl" with
lots of cool water effects, you can see kids sitting on those shells too  :?
I hope it's similar to the ride we saw on the platinum edition of the Little Mermaid DVD. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "howtodeal"but from the concept art, it looks more like a performance of "Kiss the Girl" with
lots of cool water effects, you can see kids sitting on those shells too  :?

Those shells are the ride vehicles, they'd work like those in Phantom Manor. As for the concept art, that's only one scene from the ride, there will be more as well.

Here's a post from the Little Mermaid ride topic for DCA:

Quote from: "Anthony"As part of the DCA $1bn masterplan.

The long-lost EuroDisney/Disneyland CA project is finally becoming a reality... at Disney's California Adventure. In Paradise Pier, the attraction will arrive using an omnimover rather than the suspended (Peter Pan's Flight-style) system originally planned.

It seems it will use parts of the current Golden Dreams on the opposite shore to California Screamin', with an overall theme suggest some kind of lavish seaside aquarium (correct me if I'm wrong..).

Expected: 2011

Concept art

Main concept:

Building:

Overview:

Show scene:

(with thanks MasterGracey, micechat)

Jim Hill also reports today that it might arrive at WDW's Magic Kingdom by about 2015, giving it quite a few years of DCA exclusivity.

It's being sold as a "major attraction" rather than an E-ticket, since although it's very expensive, they don't expectations to be wrong.

Riebi

I´ve the feeling the "new" californian version will be a bit shorter then the DVD-Peter-Pan-Ride-System-Original-Parisian-Version
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

howtodeal

The Bultin Boy

Ohh, now i get it, thanks for explaining  :D

SophieD

This is one rumour i hope comes true!!

If this ride is going to be like Pinnochio or Snow White.....I hope it will be less bumpy and jolty!!

the concept art looks so pretty!!

Fingers crossed
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "howtodeal"The Bultin Boy

Ohh, now i get it, thanks for explaining  :D

Not a problem :wink:

Quote from: "SophieD"If this ride is going to be like Pinnochio or Snow White.....I hope it will be less bumpy and jolty!!

It won't be, the ride system will be like Phantom Manor and Buzz Lightyear (Omnimover is the proper name for that system), rather than Pinnochio and Snow White :)

SophieD

oh thats good!! i must say i am actually quite excited for this!! even though its only a rumour!!

Omnimover is the proper name for that system), rather than Pinnochio and Snow White
thanks for the info Butlin Boy...I always wondered what it was called!!! :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

ColdSun

I'm really excited in my opinion, would love to have that ride in Paris...

zanderstarz

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"...and also with all of Kristof's crafty little hints. E.g.

Quote from: "Kristof"Ariel is swimming to DLRP soon...
:wink:

Then when we asked if it's confirmed, he says it's just a rumour! :lol:

I would love this ride to come to DLRP. I would have prefered something original, but this would still be a wonderful addition.

How do you mean original? It was originally planned for DLP years ago, California only recently picked up on the idea. WELL DONE PARIS!
~ just like we dreamed it ~

RnRCj

Quote from: "zanderstarz"
Quote from: "RnRCj"I would love this ride to come to DLRP. I would have prefered something original, but this would still be a wonderful addition.

How do you mean original? It was originally planned for DLP years ago, California only recently picked up on the idea. WELL DONE PARIS!

I don't like cloned attractions. DCA's Little Mermaid attraction has been altered for their park, and now we're just getting a clone of that. :roll:

Kuzco

I never have been in the Fantasyland theatre. The last time I was there it looked like a desolated area. Not very inviting. As for me, they may clear the area and expand Fantasyland behind the station. Disneyland parc could really use some expansion and additional rides anyway, and this spot would be perfect for it. And to connect it with the pathway at Casey Jr. would be great. That is also a very isolated area.
No touchy!

bigrossco

any news yet on what is going to happen / replace Festival Theatre and when?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Pete's Dragon

Why do they need to destroy it? Why can they not extend past Casy's Jnr Railway where the giant green gates are ?