Epcot_Boy's Glorious trip to DLRP 31/7/08 to 5/8/08

Started by Epcot_Boy, August 06, 2008, 10:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

have they changed Candelabration slightly? I thought it was only Mickey lighting the "candles" when I was there??? maybe I'm wrong?

Great photos! do the Buffalo Bills cast normally do that? I't would be great to see!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

ColdSun

I really love your way of writing a trip report..all those nice pics and vids. Really makes one feel the magic. Looking forward to read more :D .

Aveen2008

Wow Epcot_Boy...

Great report with some absolutely fantastic pics! Some of them look so professional. It was nice to see the Molly Brown, lovely photo!  =D>
I was there at the start of July and I thought the crowds were bad then but that is unbelieveable! My brother is going with his girlfriend next week just for the day, I can't imagine him getting to see much if the crowds are that bad! It really would put me off going again in High season! :shock:

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

littlemermaid83

I'm enjoying your report and watching the fireworks just made me cry.

Cant wait to read the rest  :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

-breeno-

Just read through your report epcot and i love it! :D  :D/   Really well done, keep up the great work =D>

So what did you think of the admirals floor?  I see you had the american breakfast too :P  Now that is tasty :D
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Aveen2008"I was there at the start of July and I thought the crowds were bad then but that is unbelieveable!  It really would put me off going again in High season! :shock:

Aveen xxx

Hi Aveen.........last weekend was a French Bank Holiday so the crowds were that much bigger than usual, I spoke to a cm during my hols and she said that the crowds were no where as big as that the week before.........so I guess the motto is avoid French Bank Holidays :wink:

However, it did make for a terrific atmosphere, which is why I love to go in the summer :D/  :wink:

David

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "-breeno-"So what did you think of the admirals floor?  I see you had the american breakfast too :P  Now that is tasty :D

I loved the Admiral's Floor breeno, but I'm still undecided if it was worth the money........after all I didn't spend alot of time in the room :lol:

However, it did allow for a more relaxed breaky, that as you say, was lovely =D>  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

Epcot_Boy

and...............

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments.........hopefully you can see how much Disneyland Resort Paris means to me...... :wink:

Thanks again.......

David

Epcot_Boy

4/8/08

Well it had been a hectic 4 days so I intended to take things a bit easy on this, my last full day.
I had decided to take my breakfast in my room this morning, so I had moved my chair out onto the balcony to look at the views while filling upwith a lovely breakfast.

Very nice. Anyhow it's off to Disneyland Park, through the village....

Once in the Park it was off to..........

I still love those 2 'mini plunges', yep I still get a kick out of it, after all these years, in DLRC, WDW, or our beloved DLRP.........it's still fun. =D>

Time for a stroll around Adventure Isle, I love it here, really brings out the kid in me, although to be honest it doesn't take much :roll:  :wink:

French and English Pirates ay :wink:

Now it was time for........what did I say about the kid in me :wink:

Don't you just that cuddly ole Bear....... :oops:

In truth it's looking a bit, well outdated, if you know what I mean? :(

Well, it's time for a Hot Dog, a giant one :P   So here's a picture interlude........

Lovely hot dog...........now I jus have to.........there's a big crowd.........but I just have to...

Damm, now I won't stop humming it all day :D/  =D>  :wink:

Well, on a around about way to the next show I see.........now what's her name :wink:

Now for my fav show.........just in time for the English Version......

Isn't it great =D>  =D>  =D>

A great great show =D>  :wink:

I quick photo interlude, I like this one, before going back to the hotel.......for dinner........a swim.........and then Fantillusion 8)

Well I'm back now, but before I came on this trip I fogot to pack my mini tripod.......so unfortunately the pics are not great.......so here they are :oops:

and two more out of a bad lot :(

Well that was great, as was another look at Candleabration and The Enchanted Fireworks...

But it's time to take my weary feet home........

But as I do, I see the wonderful Hotel New York and Newport Bay Club Hotel in a new light.........literally....

Arn't they beautiful =D>  :)

Well, I am getting tired now, it's been a hectic trip........

Joy of the Day

While watching Fantillusion, I couldn't help watching a little baby who was in a pram that had been pushed to the front of the crowd with her Mum. As the floats came by, the baby jumped up and down in the pram, laughing and giggling, clapping her hands at evey chance. The baby did not stop doing this throughout the whole of the parade, loving absolutely every second of it. It was wonderful to watch, just wonderful.
I thought to myself, there's another convert to Disney :wink:  =D>

More to come.

David

ColdSun

ahhh, that was so nice for me waking up and seeing you had posted more. Great pictures once again =D> .

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "ColdSun"ahhh, that was so nice for me waking up and seeing you had posted more. Great pictures once again =D> .

Thanks for that :)

The last day should come Wednesday :D

David

Epcot_Boy

5/8/08

It's been a great trip, and I've loved every minute of it, but then again I always do......... :)

But all good things must come to an end, so they say, and so it is with my DLRP vacation 2008..........

All checked out, and off for a quick visit, first to WDS for another go on..........

Yep, I think the investment was well worth it, a great ride indeed =D>  =D>

Only wanted to do this ride in the studios once more, but queue ws enormous, didn't use fastpass, so am behind in the things I wanted to do.

Now it's off to DLP...........quick ride on a

Just about to move off when along came........

and it just kept coming :wink:  =D>

having followed them back to Town Square, decided to use the Arcade to make progress up main street, so as to avoid getting distracted again :wink:

and for one last go on..........first FP for Buzz........then...........

and then over to...........just to wait for FP time.........

Take that Zurg :D/  :D/

Time for lunch.........and a quick photo break...........

and one more...

Well it's time to head back to the Hotel and make ready for the smooth and wonderful trip home by eurostar :wink:

One last look at.......

:wink:

:wink:

And farewell Disneyland Park. =D>  =D>  =D>

Thanks to all of you who have shared part of my holiday with me, and thanks for the lovely comments regarding this report.

Roll on summer 2009 :wink:

No more to come.

David

Javey74

Thanks again Epcot Boy for the final two parts of your 2008 DLRP holiday, they made wonderful reading as ever, backed up with fantastic photo's, thanks for sharing, you are a true report writer.. =D>  =D>  =D>

It's always a shame you have to leave isn't it, but like me I cherish what I bring back, the photos play an important part as ever, after all they are your memories for that particular time in your life.. :wink:  :D

MizzRabbit

I really really loved you trip report! I loved that you shared so many pictures and your special moments! A great read and a great view!! :D  =D>

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

The Butlin Boy

I've really enjoyed reading your trip report and looking at your fantastic photos, thanks fo sharing them, it was brilliant :)  =D> I'm glad you had a great trip as well :wink: