Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Willow"It would be very silly for Disney to only have 16 seats (like as shown in my signature/the park map) when there are opportunities for other models which are more than double the capacity.

The only way 16 seats would be feasible is if we are looking at a pretty short ride cycle.

Surely management have learnt their lessons from Crush's Coaster?

The image in your sig has 20 seats! :wink:

Willow

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"
Quote from: "Willow"It would be very silly for Disney to only have 16 seats (like as shown in my signature/the park map) when there are opportunities for other models which are more than double the capacity.

The only way 16 seats would be feasible is if we are looking at a pretty short ride cycle.

Surely management have learnt their lessons from Crush's Coaster?

The image in your sig has 20 seats! :wink:

You know what I meant!  :P

CafeFantasia

Doesn't seem to be a lot happening on the Toy Story Playland site at the moment. I'm sure LOTS is happening, but none of it is particuarly visible or indeed exciting.

Meanwhile over in Florida... :-)

Anthony

At least thanks to this topic we know already what it'll feel like to be on Slinky Dog Spin.

Disneydavid

Gosh , I think im already happy now with the NEW rides :D!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

Got a few quick questions..

Isn't there ment to be 2 of the Half Pipe coasters, to help with the queue's etc?

Why is the slinky ride called ZigZag Tour?

Is the Tram tours now coming back past the stuff you see at first? Thus making it even more boring than it already is?

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyn"Isn't there ment to be 2 of the Half Pipe coasters, to help with the queue's etc?
There were two on one proposal we saw, but it wasn't chosen. There'll only be one RC Racer.

Quote from: "Martyn"Why is the slinky ride called ZigZag Tour?
The official in-park name is Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin. "Zig Zag" is the French name for Slinky, so that's just a compromise. Zig Zag Tour is the French name to be used only for marketing (like Buzz L'Éclair Bataille Laseur).

I've moaned in the past about why the Zig Zag needs to be in the official title. It's not like people won't be able to work it out and it ruins the otherwise quite clever Slinky Dog Spin name. I'm guessing WDI came up with that and Euro Disney SCA started fretting...

Quote from: "Martyn"Is the Tram tours now coming back past the stuff you see at first? Thus making it even more boring than it already is?
Yep, between Reign of Fire and Catastrophe Canyon the route is entirely the same. No costuming, no Pearl Harbor planes and the Props Boneyard cut down to about half the size. Dinotopia remains.

Disneydavid

When I think to 'TOUR' , i think about TOUR de la terreur. Which means TOWER. So , Slinkys Tower. But that doesnt match...:S

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

They really do need to do something with the Tram Tour, desperately. Its becoming the 'Star Tours' of the Studio's (the ride you only ride once, because it ain't all that).

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Martyn"They really do need to do something with the Tram Tour, desperately. Its becoming the 'Star Tours' of the Studio's (the ride you only ride once, because it ain't all that).

You're kidding, right? We love Star Tours, it is amazing. Last row in the middle, if possible :D It's an E Ticket, after all!!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "Martyn"They really do need to do something with the Tram Tour, desperately. Its becoming the 'Star Tours' of the Studio's (the ride you only ride once, because it ain't all that).

You're kidding, right? We love Star Tours, it is amazing. Last row in the middle, if possible :D It's an E Ticket, after all!!

Agreed. Star Tours is my 3rd fav attraction at DLP after PotC and Phantom Manor.
since 2001 (many before that)

im totally goofy

i like star tours but it could do with some new movie material :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

CGM12345

Dont you mean HISTA.

lil-shawn

here is a pic i found on micechat!

According to another newspapers (takungpao news)

there will be some features (Toy Story Land) unique to Hong Kong, in order to offer some differences from Toy Story Playland at DLP.

for example, there will be a themed restaurant, shops and washroom for Toy Story Land at HKDL.

uhmmm what have we done that we don´t get this??

The Butlin Boy

You can also see some new concept art and clips of the scale model near the start of this video

:arrow: http://app2.hkatv.com/v3/webtv/play.php?video_id=78769

:)