Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"My only hope is that that what we just see here isn´t the whole "theming"  :lol:
Haha. Look at the hangar compared to the Tram Tour station... perfect fit! If we were back in 2002, they'd stop here at the bare metal, stick a billboard on the front and open it up.

No, but it is going to be interesting how they complete this oversized themeing style without making it look cheaply-built. It's ok to have giant toys and so on, but when you have to then add in human-sized utilities like lights, wiring, etc. it might soon just look bare and industrial. I'm concerned about what's going to be inside these buildings (particular RC Racer). Can we assume they'll just be half-complete concrete spaces like the Cars queue? Under the ruse that it's a "film set"?

Riebi

Hope they make it better this time. The queue  of cars and crush are horrible boring. Maybe they remember that also the queue is part of the show! Let´s wait and pray!  [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

MagicStar

Quote from: "Anthony"If we were back in 2002, they'd stop here at the bare metal, stick a billboard on the front and open it up.

Haha =D>
You should have hear me laughing.
Very funny!

The curios thing is... it could have been true :twisted:
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

-breeno-

A little roof thing has been added to the structure which i believe is the queue building for a parachute drop.

Source: NewsDLRP
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

The Butlin Boy

I'm not sure if this will impact the English names, but the three new attractions' French names will be...

-Toy Story Mission Parachute
-Zig Zag tour
-RC Racer - Vitesse maximale!

Confirmed by Mouetto on Disney Central Plaza

Anthony

Oh yes, I missed those new texts. :)

Looks like Italy also has its own names:

- Missione Paracadute
- Slinky Dog Zig Zag
- Il Bolide RC Racer

But I don't understand... if they're going to be promoting it as "Zig Zag Tour" (yuk) in France anyway (and presumably French guidemaps), why does the official in-park/English name need "Zig Zag" in it? It's redundant.

Clearly, WDI came up with Slinky Dog Spin and someone made them compromise. And now they've just come up with their own name anyway. But we're left with "Zig Zag", which means nothing to the English-speaking visitors. The ride itself certainly doesn't zig-zag, it spins! It's crazy if we're going to have "Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin" in all the English brochures and maps...

The Butlin Boy

Updates courtesy of Disneytheque:

And it looks like the TSPL signs have come down (to repaint the fances as far as I'm aware!?!)! Perhaps we'll get some better ones now that cover the whole of the fances (perhaps like the old MMP ones?)

dagobert

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"And it looks like the TSPL signs have come down (to repaint the fances as far as I'm aware!?!)! Perhaps we'll get some better ones now that cover the whole of the fances (perhaps like the old MMP ones?)

They shouldn't repaint these ugly fences, they should repaint the castle, Studio 1 and other buildings!

Disneydavid

This just gets better and better!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Willow

Toy Story PlayLand has now been officially announced in the 2009 financial report.

QuoteWe continue to invest in the long-term growth of our Company and we look forward to opening Toy Story Playland, inspired by the popular Disney-Pixar Toy Story characters and films, at the Walt Disney Studios Park in summer 2010.

Construction site is looking alright.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Am I the only one who is afraid how this parachute tower and also the halfpipe thingy will look from Frontierland?

A static ToT in the background is one thing, but these things are big, ugly and moving ...

:roll:

-breeno-

Quote from: "Nicolai"Am I the only one who is afraid how this parachute tower and also the halfpipe thingy will look from Frontierland?

A static ToT in the background is one thing, but these things are big, ugly and moving ...

I understand what you mean, but there's nothing that can be done about it.  Besides, the view from the BTM lifthill is already dead with the ToT and Crush's hugh blue building so a couple of oversized toys will won't do too much damage really. *may live to regret*

EDIT: Old news now but the French logos for each attraction has been released!

Zig-Zag is really the only one we haven't seen before.  I think it looks quite well, although whether it goes with the TS theming can be argued.

Source - mouetto at Disney Centra Plaza
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "-breeno-"I understand what you mean, but there's nothing that can be done about it.  Besides, the view from the BTM lifthill is already dead with the ToT and Crush's hugh blue building so a couple of oversized toys will won't do too much damage really. ...
I think there is a big difference: these oversized toys won't only be visible when you are at the top of BTM when you are busy with enjoying the ride anyway. They will be very much visible in the background from almost anywhere in Thunder Mesa area of Frontierland. And unlike the static ToT building these things will draw attention and catch your eye because of the constant movement.

I fear they will be like a cheap carnival as backdrop of Frontierland. Trust me, I hope very much I will be proven wrong.

RockNRoller

Quote from: "-breeno-"[EDIT: Old news now but the French logos for each attraction has been released!

Source - mouetto at Disney Centra Plaza

Well at least it looks like we might get some nice pins out of this, still not sure about the rides though,  is this area going to look like a proper Disney themed area or is this going to look like a fair ground?
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"

Timbo

Quote from: "Nicolai"Am I the only one who is afraid how this parachute tower and also the halfpipe thingy will look from Frontierland?

I thought this as well when it was first announced , TOT kind of ruined the illusion for good , but it is fairly drab and disappears into the background a little .The halfpipe thing though is bright yellow and much closer to the berm  :( Maybe we can hope for some very,very tall trees in the way !