Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLP-Photos.com

This looks a bit exciting...

Having just seen the construction site it is however hard to imagine all this being there in just 8 months :o..

This scale model is making me a bit less nervous though, although I still do not like the choice of attractions it does look like the themening will be great and best of all - it is very green!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

MagicKenny

I bet they are doing a lot with coloured lights there, as what I can see on the picture...
Would be great to see in the evening, although there are not that many "dark" evenings in the Studio's, only with late Halloween, Christmas season and the very first weeks of January.
So I guess we won't be able to see a "lit-up" :roll:  TSPL during summer...
I think this site will fit perfectly next to Toon Studio's!

Kenny
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

RnRCj

Ewwwwww...

Me not like huge ugly carnival rides. :(

I can't believe they've just left the bare supports of the halfpipe in plain view.

Horrible.

I am however curious as to what type of tree they'll use for the giant grass...

charlied

The Slinky Dog ride definitley looks the best themed out of the three right now. I hate the look of the toy soldiers tower and the bare supports for the half pipe. But apart from that everything looks OK... isn't any expansion good for the studios?

Willow

I like the model, there's theming around the area and not just the rides.

The amount of vegetation is nice.

Still a thumbs up from me.

Timbo

It looks very green  :) ...I think that is about it !!!
The queue buidings around the half pipe just look like a load of portacabins with pitched roofs , can't really see much theming on them  :(
At least the Slinky building is done like a giant cardboard box , but overall I don't like the look of it. Interesting that all the art work shows aerial views ,it would be great to see some concept art from ground level so we can get an idea of how intrusive this will be !!

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"Ewwwwww...

Me not like huge ugly carnival rides. :(

I can't believe they've just left the bare supports of the halfpipe in plain view.

Horrible.

I am however curious as to what type of tree they'll use for the giant grass...
Well, they might aswell camouflage the supports to look like hot wheels track supports or something i guess.

davewasbaloo

Such a waste of money, potential, and in my case, good will.

It is a sad state of afairs when Non- Disney parks are starting to create more compelling attractions. This should not be.
since 2001 (many before that)

andrewuk

Quote from: "RnRCj"I am however curious as to what type of tree they'll use for the giant grass...

It's going to be bamboo, so just like Adventureland
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

The Butlin Boy

Construction is speeding up of the Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop's Hangar:

Source: _Lili_ on Disney Central Plaza

Riebi

the scale model scares me a bit. the parachute drop looks really bare
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

The queue building is really close to Studio Tram Tour. Closer than I thought it'd look. I suppose one day it'll be hidden by the back of a Hollywood Blvd building anyway, or is that wishful thinking?

Quote from: "Riebi"the parachute drop looks really bare
Yeah, I don't like the print or pattern on it at all. I was hoping they'd have tried to make it look a bit more aesthetically pleasing after already doing Jumpin Jellyfish, but none of the versions we've seen so far are that good.

It's a shame they couldn't find something real to theme the tower to, a larger toy or something, and then the toy soldiers are using it for their parachute training...

disneyrules

i think this sounds good i hope it is there when i go next year
are they going to add new rides after its opened.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

Anthony

It's flying up!

Photo by Newton, DCP: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7172 ... 09093z.jpg

And a slightly earlier one from Disneytheque: http://images.disneytheque.com/uploads/ ... CF9543.JPG

The platform where the tower will be looks quite small in that picture. Maybe just an illusion.

Riebi

Hm the hangar seems ok. The platform should even be ok. The platforms at California Adventure aren´t that big too. So they should do it. My only hope is that that what we just see here isn´t the whole "theming"  :lol:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...