Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

There's one good thing about Toy Story Playland. At least when you stand in it, you should be surrounded by attractions with a similar theme. So you should feel pretty immersed in this land of giant toys, because they're in a contained 360 degree environment.

That's my problem with Crush's Coaster and Cars Race Rally. They're totally different themes, facing each other, so you can't get fully immersed in either one. Kind of like putting a Frontierland and an Adventureland attraction facing each other.

-breeno-

Oh dear, it appears we've found something i don't like about TSP :shock:

The names could be better, but then again what could they be changed to?  I for one can't think of anything that is as clear as them (with the expection of Zig-zag spin, i predict a name change will be in order, it's just got to sound strange in french :P ).

And the visuals... The first one looked good, apart from RC Racer, i was hoping the track would be a bright orange (like the old Hot Wheels tracks) but maybe the green will blend in with it's surroundings ;)

Then i saw the other two, i thought "oooh dear.."  It just looks like a photoshop (by a 12 year i don't think so, i'm 15 and still can't get my head around it :P ).  Buzz and Woody look like they were just ripped out from the first picture they found on Google Images.  Shame :(
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

ed-uk

I like the visuals. I can't see anything wrong with them. They certainly tell us what Toy Story Playland will be about. The characters look like they've jumped out of the film.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

I love Toy Story, but I sure hate this land.....
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

I don't think the visuals a completely bad, but they're far from perfect. The main problem with them all is the fact that they've just recycled old images which clearly stand out as that (look at Buzz in the first one; how is he possibly stading like that?!?). What they really need to do is to get Pixar to create some exclusive posters and visuals for the land and the rides, after all they know the characters well enough, and surely it wouldn't be too much hastle for them (they could even create them whilst creating the Toy Story 3 promotions) :)

Aveen2008

The images would make nice toy story posters but they don't look like they are advertising anything really. I hate the thought of this land and have done from day one, I hope to be wrong about it but so far nothing is convincing me that I am going to be.

as I said before, I wish they would stop wasting money on things and put money into updating some of the rides they have especially the Studio Tram tour!
Luv Aveen xoxo

peep

Now I'm not the biggest fan of the new land but I honestly can't see what everyone is moaning about regarding these posters. Anyway how are we to know if these are even the finalised images?

This new area really is going to be a wait and see IMHO.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

smurfy74

ok i feel like im missing something here, whats wrong with the posters??? i like the first one especially the cheeky t-rex sneeking in shot

Willow

Nothing wrong with the posters at all, they look bright and colourful.

Gareth

Phew im not alone on the posters hehe i love them and sure love toy story and im sure the lan will look fine it is disney were talking about just have alittle faith and im sure well all be saying wow im loving this new land

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"Nothing wrong with the posters at all, they look bright and colourful.
If they made some dog turd bright and colourful, would you like that too?

:wink:

Rorschach

Whole lotta moanin' going on :lol:

I kinda like the posters...

Anthony

Yeah, you can see why I led with the logos on DLRP Today. Seeing these at the same time as the awesomeness of the D23 Expo is depressing to say the least.

They look like internal presentation art (infact apparently they were), not something that should be published for use in brochures and print ads.

Why do Paris never release the actual WDI concept art for new attractions? We were treated to the same spectacular sh-cough-t for crush, cars and tower. Crap crap crap!!

disneyloverjessie

I LOVE the posters and think the whole idea of Toy Story Playland is really going to make Walt Disney Studios much better!

I really don't see what everyone's moaning about, it hasn't even been built yet!

So please just wait and see, then you can judge it :)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

kiki_304

I think my boys are going to love this. The posters are bright enough to grab your kids attention and start going wild so parents may consider going to DLP.  It is just another gimmick for the kids nag factor. lol

I think maybe Disney is aiming to have something that both parents and child can enjoy together.  Buzz is such a hit with the adults that they must've assumed TS would be perfect.  Maybe they are not living up to everyone's expectations but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Fingers crossed it will be a different atmosphere when you are in the midst of the park and everyone will be drawn in.