Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "Aveen2008"It's just my opinion but it looks like something that has been fired together, the concept art looks anything but magical and just looks like a mismash of stuff put together for the sake of having more rides. I just thought disney had more magic and imagination than this. I think that vertical ride that from the concept art looks like a piece of cheap steel sticking up looks awful... I hope that it will look better in real life but in my opinion something that is just a thrill ride and lacks any real imagination and detail belongs in Alton towers or Astrix not a Disneyland park!
Well said Aveen... well said. :wink: You've pretty much summed up what's wrong with this new area.

It worries me what else is waiting to be unveiled for WDS. Sorry for thinking the worst, but I can't help but feel more things like this are coming in the future. Although the layout of the original park was badly designed, the potential is there to become a great little park. Just as beautiful as Disneyland Park next door even, I think. TSPL just isn't helping to become that great park.

davewasbaloo

Agreed, it is very scary. And the worst thing is, concept art normally looks better than the finished product. But Aveen, even Asterix attractions are far better themed than this.
since 2001 (many before that)

QTXAdsy

Oh god.

Surely this area won't work, will it?
TSMM would of been a better idea in my view. I really have no idea how they'll pull this of.

Here Come The Belgians!

Willow

I've given up trying to be positive with you lot.  :P

Groundwork is sooo boring, I want some proper vertical construction. Still a bit early for that though.

smurfy74

@willow, i will be positive with you; TSPL lovers unite!!!!!

davewasbaloo

I'm certain that if the gilted excrement in the shape of Mickey Mouse and attached a coaster to it, it would have it's fans amongst the european fan base.
since 2001 (many before that)

Aveen2008

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I'm certain that if the gilted excrement in the shape of Mickey Mouse and attached a coaster to it, it would have it's fans amongst the european fan base.

I have to say it wouldn't with me even though I like toon things but not with this lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I'm certain that if the gilted excrement in the shape of Mickey Mouse and attached a coaster to it, it would have it's fans amongst the european fan base.
Ugh, those European fans!

Oh wait, that's... most of us on here. It depends who you're calling a fan. Not every single person who posts on the forum can be considered a fan, so don't get too worried about who's amongst us.

Substitute "fan base" for "guests" however and you might have a point. Theme parks have only really been over here in the backward old world for less than 30 years. Some people maybe don't realise what a theme park can be, or what a Disney park should be.

But then, why spend €180m on Tower of Terror?

Toy Story Playland still seems like a wise investment for 2010 to me. Nothing more, nothing less. Lots of colour, lots of character, and something new that's actually designed by Imagineering, not the Food & Beverages department and their Photoshop templates...

*TIMMIE*

It also is a great marketingtool considering all the two Toy Story movies will return to the cinema (in 3D), and part three will join. DRLP can jump that marketingtrain. The profit they make can be a catalist for a positive future.

CafeFantasia

Potentially a great marketing tool, yes. But you're forgetting that the marketing people at Disneyland Paris are pretty stupid.

For example, when the Pirates of the Caribbean movies came out (all three of them), they never broadcast a TV ad highlighting the fact that Disneyland Paris actually has a Pirates of the Caribbean ride!

*TIMMIE*

True... But hey, things can change

CafeFantasia

True, things can change. And I hope they do. Let's all hope that marketing realises they are opening a Toy Story land the same year Toy Story 3 comes out, and put out lots of TV ads to highlight this amazing synergy.

*TIMMIE*

A Euro-wide campaign, also to attract more consumers from f.e. Germany. On TV and in the magazines.

Let's use the new DVD and Blu Ray releases. Some documentaries about Toy Story in the parks (like the Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc.).

I also see an opportunity to combine the rumored launch of Disney Channel in the Netherlands with the new area.

never2old

This was in the latest shareholders press release (you can view it here)

QuoteIn the coming months, the Company will be sharing details of new attractions that have begun construction and will be opened next year.

:roll:

Sometimes I wonder whether they are the only ones who don't know what's being built...

peep

Hmm, interesting, hope it's sooner rather than later.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320