Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

Here are some photos of the site that I took on 21 May 2009:

peep

Yay, that mount of dirt is bigger!

I still loathe the idea of this area but I'm also very intrigued as to how it'll look, especially as its taking up such a large space.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Nala_84

Quote from: "peep"Yay, that mount of dirt is bigger!

:lol:, that reminds me of the time when Toon Studio was build and everyone got crazy about every little stone that was moved :mrgreen: ;)! Or when everybody screamed when he saw the pic of the new 15th-napkins, hehe!

It's really interesting to see attractions and new areas grow, but it will surely last many months until we'll get to see something really big, won't it? :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Anthony

Why is there a normal car on the tram route in Alan's first photo? Someone miss a turning?

I'm wondering whether this giant pile of earth has just been cleared out and will soon disappear, or if it's actually for a new berm to hide the back of TSPL from the tram.

CafeFantasia

Isn't the way in which the Studio Tram Tour route is being modified a little short-sighted? I mean, every time the park wants to expand a bit, they'll have to keep modifying the STT route, bit by bit. Why don't they just do it properly once and push it way back into the park, far away from Hollywood Boulevard and the Tower of Terror?

Personally, I hate the Studio Tram Tour :-) It works at Universal Studios Hollywood, because that park is a REAL movie studio, and you genuinely are going behind the scenes, and on to sets that will be used in the future. But in Paris the only thing worth seeing is Catastrophe Canyon, which is sadly just a clone of a 20-year-old effect from Florida, that isn't as impressive as it was in the '80s.

david

new toy story trailer!!!!; http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/toystory3/
I love it!!! :D/

Disneydavid

does anyone have a update yet?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

phantom247

Maybe it is a bit shortsited but it is very cost effective think of all the infrastructure and Cast Members to maintain a safe and secure area for guests to move about in to link the two areas. Then ask does EurodisneySCA have the money to do this and the plain and simple answer is no.

Kristof

Two photos from past weekend:

The Butlin Boy

Mud + Machinery =  :mrgreen:  :D/

They really should make an announcement about this before or at the beginning of the Summer season, and then put some logos, characters, and concept art on the blue fences (including those in the STT) to advertise what is going on to everyone who visits in the busy summer season. If DCA can have themed construction fences for World of Colour and The Little Mermaid up already, both of which open at the earliest of late 2010, then why can't we? :wink:

I doubt they will though :roll:

phantom247

I fully agree with you butlin boy I feel a teaser advatising is a very good idea they did do it for Tower of terror in the second year of construction.   I feel that the Toy Story Playland logo and maybe characters from the movie using hammers and other tools with the tag line coming in 2010 as it's still to early to anounce the month this attraction opens to guests yet but the company needs to get guests excited who are already on resort to come back in 2010.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "phantom247"I fully agree with you butlin boy I feel a teaser advatising is a very good idea they did do it for Tower of terror in the second year of construction.   I feel that the Toy Story Playland logo and maybe characters from the movie using hammers and other tools with the tag line coming in 2010 as it's still to early to anounce the month this attraction opens to guests yet but the company needs to get guests excited who are already on resort to come back in 2010.

Exactly! Surely it wouldn't be hard to get some pictures of characters which are appropriate, I mean they've already got stuff like this:

Simple :wink:

Anthony

There needs to be something on that fence before Halloween/Christmas at least.

I guess it's the resort's poor history with new attractions that means they don't have the "We're Imagineering something new!" kinda signs other resorts have, and instead have to stick a generic "we're refurbishing this area..." on there.

Any speculation on the attraction names?

Army Men Parachute Drop
    Slinky Dog
    RC Racer
    [/list]

"RC Racer" has been mentioned a lot, but I can't imagine what Slinky Dog could be called (he's ZigZag in French), or how Army Men could be made a bit more French-friendly.

The names preferably need to have an almost absurd Franglais mix. We're talking "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith" or (deep breath) "Les Tapis Volants - Flying Carpets Over Agrabah" here. Suggestions?

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"Any speculation on the attraction names?
      RC Racer[/list]

Cars Race Rally! :)  :mrgreen:

No Wait... :-k  :roll:

Riebi

I like building sides. Mud, machinery, progress! Thanks for the pics.

Call it simply Le Parachute d´army men
      Le p´tit caroussel du dog
      Le Fast Ralley
      Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...