Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "experiment627"So, does this mean that Woody will leave Frontierland sometime soon? :wink:

Oh I´m sure they can change the whole resorts name again into:

ToyStoryLands Resort Paris

Is that the imagineering theming list?!:

[strike:y5c7t3o0]1. Something great never seen before[/strike:y5c7t3o0] (noo nooo to expensive)
2. Toy Story I
3. Toy Story II
4. Toy Story III
5. Buzz Lightyear
6. Something with woooooddy (cause everyone loves him)
7. Finding Nemo
8. Cars
9. Copy a theme from the us parks
10. copy a theme from the asian parks
11. make something new

I mean I love toy story! I love the movie! Really I doooo! But I don´t wanna see a Toy Story Attraction in every corner of DLRP.
We have THREE!!! (Buzz, Pizza Planet, Round up) locations that use the Toy Story theme in DLP
Next one: WDS.

Thank you for this great repeating. It´s getting boring now.  :(

Exactly my thoughts... the imagineers JUST finished working on another big toy story attraction... it just feels like such a stupid move for the WDS, they need something unique..not again toy story!

roaldbergmann

We all know, that WDI is capable of SO much more, than just another T.S.-move. That being said, WDS really needs some further expanding, and this is the type of rides that are deperately lacking in this park. I am mostly looking forward to these new additions, but i would have been EXCTATIC about some original WDI-work uniqe to DLRP... we'll still have to dream (or settle with the rat-ride)

Kristof

I don't really have an issue with having a Toy Story Land.  Rather that than A Bugs Life (for me, Pixar's worst animated).  The TS universe is big enough to have a diversity of themes, space, cowboy, toys, etc.

I understand that TSL might not sound as exciting as a big E-Ticket, but this is what WDS needs: more offerings for the kids in an immersive environment.  

Besides, the more Pixar at WDS, the less there will be at Disneyland Park.  :wink:

penfold12

Pixar really suits the studios for me. Their version of fantasy land. The studios seem more modern than the magic kingdom, so pixar as the main focus over classic characters is to me a natural fit.

Thesecrides suit toy story. I read that the parachte ride will be themed around the little green men or the toy soldiers from toy story. The other attraction similar to the one at TDL rethemed to the incredibles and elasta girl. I just wonder what the theme is for the half pipe ride? Anyone know?

Kristof

QuoteThe other attraction similar to the one at TDL rethemed to the incredibles and elasta girl. I just wonder what the theme is for the half pipe ride? Anyone know?

No sorry, Alain got that wrong.  The whole land will be themed to Toy Story.  :)

Willow

Are we sure that its a Half Pipe Coaster?
I would personally think a Disk-O would be a more likely ride choice. If its meant to be aimed at kids a Disk-O is less intimidating than a normal Half Pipe.

Japper

Pixar rides in the studios is ok! But it's just another Toy Story ride.. How can you be excited about that? Haven't we seen all the toy story stuff they can have/make for the themepark yet? After all the buzz lightyear rides they made, woody's roundup, toy story floats in parades, blockparty parade, pixar play parade, toy story mania..

You know, with the finding nemo ride we didn't know what to expect from the movie to see in the ride, now we know exactly what to expect..

Nala_84

Quote from: "Kristof"Besides, the more Pixar at WDS, the less there will be at Disneyland Park.  :wink:

That's a good argument I think!
I always thought that Woody didn't really fit into Frontierland, or Buzz into a Jules-Verne-Discoveryland.
I think the Pixar stuff fits much better to the Studios and I'm really looking forward to this mini Theme-Land, although I would have preferred a Ratatouille mini-theme-land or so ;)!

I only hope that this skateboard-thing won't get too big, it seems scary and a bit ugly  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RnRCj

Quote from: "Willow"Are we sure that its a Half Pipe Coaster?
I would personally think a Disk-O would be a more likely ride choice. If its meant to be aimed at kids a Disk-O is less intimidating than a normal Half Pipe.

I agree. A Disk-O would be much better than a halfpipe, and it would have more capacity too. The halfpipe is a bit to much for a Disney park, I think, although maybe it will be a smaller version so it's aimed towards families a bit more? That would be a bit better. I just can't imagine how a fully-sized Halfpipe Coaster could possibly work in a Dsney Park. :?

One good thing about the halfpipe coaster though - Disneyland Resort Paris will officially have the most roller coasters of any Disney Park. :lol:

littlemermaid83

Toy Story Land?? Please let this be a joke. :roll:

(Don't mean to offend anyone, i just hate Toy Story)
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15yearsofMagic2008

the half pipe coaster looks super boss!
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Kuzco

The half-pipe looks like fun!
Not sure how to theme this thing to fit Toy Story though..
No touchy!

Owain

Quote from: "Kuzco"The half-pipe looks like fun!
Not sure how to theme this thing to fit Toy Story though..

Skateboard ?
Think first movie, rescueing buzz. Woody and the weird toy gang used a skateboard to get out to the garden  :wink:

PetiteSirene

Aw you beat me to it Owain! Thats exactly the thought I had...

After all technically a skateboard is a toy.... so why wouldnt it fit?  :?

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Kuzco

Ah, ok! I've seen Toy Story once or twice, so that scene was not the first that I had thought of. Good one though.
No touchy!