Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

How can guests ride 9 - 11 attractions a day when the ride capacity is so small and queues will be longer than 90 minutes? I think it is possible with rides like PotC, BTM, PM, iasw, ToT or RnRC.

davewasbaloo

I know, I guess they are factoring in the fact that many of the other attractions at WDSP have large capacity - Cinemagique, Motuers Action, the Tram Tour would if they ran it as designed, Tot, RNRC.
since 2001 (many before that)

claire2281

Quote from: "PetiteSirene"After the initial excitement you will probably find that people who go to the parks more often skip certain rides (for example we don't go on Carpets or Cars unless theres no real queue, been there done that which means 1 less group in the queue.) I'm not very good at explaining myself :?

I know exactly what you mean. I don't ride things like Orbitron unless I'm with someone who has never been before.

QuoteRides like crush always have long queues. The equivelent in Alton Towers had a 40 minute queue...

Crush is insanely popular. Unique ride in the park, very popular film, small-ish ride height and no inversions (same reasons BTM has a big queue always) and VERY slow loading. Even the most able bodied people seem to very cack handed getting in and out of Crush. Too many times I see the ride stopped and then of course they have to wait for a suitable point to let the next car go - often I'm waiting longer in the dark at the end to get out than I actually spend moving on the ride!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DisneyMAD..Woops

Quote from: "disneyrules"Welcome back disneymad...woops
wow a 3 hour queue for slinkys zig zag spin i thought the queue would be a lot smaller.
Hopefully the queues will decrease after its been open for a few weeks soon for everyone going. With these queues so big does this mean thsat crushs coaster had a smaller queue?
no, the queue for crushs coaster was still 80 mins!  :evil:
August 1997 - Off Site
August 1998 - Cheyenne
May 1999 - Disneyland Hotel
July 2004 - Cheyenne
August 2007 - Off Site
August 2010 - Santa Fe
August 2011 - Santa Fe
September 2015 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest

disneylandparisgirl

Quote from: "DisneyMAD..Woops"
Quote from: "disneyrules"Welcome back disneymad...woops
wow a 3 hour queue for slinkys zig zag spin i thought the queue would be a lot smaller.
Hopefully the queues will decrease after its been open for a few weeks soon for everyone going. With these queues so big does this mean thsat crushs coaster had a smaller queue?
no, the queue for crushs coaster was still 80 mins!  :evil:

The 3 hour queue was one off! mostly it was 60-90 mins! It only went up dramatically when Parachute drop stopped working!  :roll:

On opening day due to what I think was wind and rain (when it was windy the carriages moved quite a bit from side to side then it was stopped, rain because the cables were very squeaky when they got wet) the Parachute Drop was stopped for a while I can see it having to close often due to bad weather!  :(

My main negative comment about parachute is its seating! Would it of been a major problem to make the seating for 8 instead of 6? 4 each side would of worked so much better than 3 each side many families are of 4 or people there as 2 many times while in the queue (which did move quickly) we saw it go up with empty seats to avoid spilting up families!  :?

Positive this was my favourite ride it felt like a mild tower of terror, with a height requirement for kids!  :D

RC Racer was too scary for me so I didn't go on I felt very bad when an elderly woman went on with a smile on her face and came off even more happy!  :oops:  :lol:

Slinky was good fun and a good family ride, however I feel this would be better if it went backward as well as forward!

Barrel of monkeys was basically a stand like the rest of studio's but more permenant with mostly Toy Story themed merchandise but some other pixar bits like a lightening McQueen remote control car, it was also very pokey and we could not get the wheelchair around it!

The themeing of the land is great! The land looked great in the rain and the sun! Buzz, Rex and RC Racer photo points were always busy and popular but the crowds around them never blocked the rest of the path!

Sadly it didn't make much difference to Crush's queue but ToT and RNRC both stayed around the 20-30 mins area (the longest queue we had was 20 mins)

More details will follow when I get time to do my trip report  :D
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

mehdi5

Much more positive about the land now i've been there, went to the previews on my trip, just got back actually. Parachute was fun and RC was pretty cool. Didn't get to ride Slinky Dog, and on the day after the previews when the land opened the lines for it were a bit too long for me. It seems like a good addition though, and in person is much less visible than some pictures make it seem.

When i rode RC i got the proof i needed to say RC is an Intamin, the restraints etc.

dagobert

Philippe Gas, CEO of Euro Disney SAS, posted for the first time on the official Disney Parks blog. Off course it was about the opening of TSPL. Take a look:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... and-paris/

Soap

The overall comments @ //http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2%20...%20and-paris/ are very positive about
this add on to WDS.
So the looks and idea surely speaks to some fans.  :thumbs:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Malin

QuoteThe overall comments @ http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... and-paris/ are very positive about
this add on to WDS.

Thats because Disney monitor and decide what comments to post. Not all comments make it. I'm sure if I posted one saying the land was crap, I could guarantee it wouldn't get posted on the blog.

pussinboots

Why not have a go? Might be cathartic, too.

claire2281

The biggest complaint from people seems to be a the downtime on the rides and that's rather to be expected - until they've been run continually for such a period you can't find the teething problems. Hopefully that will settle down shortly.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

Poor project management then. The PM should have built in sufficient test and adjust time, as had the manufacturers. That is a part of building in the appropriate tolerances in the project planning process. When the rains come and the wind (which we know they will), then it should really be interesting.
since 2001 (many before that)

claire2281

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Poor project management then. The PM should have built in sufficient test and adjust time, as had the manufacturers. That is a part of building in the appropriate tolerances in the project planning process. When the rains come and the wind (which we know they will), then it should really be interesting.

To be honest, I don't really recall a big ride launch where it hasn't had mechanical problems to start with. I suppose it is next to impossible to test the ride in long running day to day conditions until it's actually open.
My Trips:

SM:M3

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Poor project management then. The PM should have built in sufficient test and adjust time, as had the manufacturers. That is a part of building in the appropriate tolerances in the project planning process. When the rains come and the wind (which we know they will), then it should really be interesting.
Nearly all rides have problems at the start, look at TH13TEEN at Alton Towers, that had big problems. Overall I think this is the right way to go at the moment, I think they chose this over TSMM because for less money they could get 3 rides, a shop and a new land, and that it all comes down to that. Will they add TSMM in the future? I don't know. I think they should develop the other areas of the park and come up with original dark rides, but TSMM is becoming a worldwide attraction with TDS getting a version.

Anthony

magicforum note:

Now that the land is officially open, new topics for the individual attractions here have been opened to allow you to discuss and comment on each one specifically. We did this with Toon Studio in 2007 and it worked much better than trying to talk about everything at once.

Please continue to use this topic for all general news and discussion about the overall land.