Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "toritinker"wow slinky dog looks great to me! thanks for putting the photos on :D
x

No problemos  :D xx

MagicStar

OK after watching all these new photos, Í would like to share my thoughts with you  ;)

First of all - I think children will like it. The giant Buzz at the entry is a good teaser and the kids will love him.
The other thing is - I personally don´t like it.
You can find a good, high quality themeing at Disneyland Park. Or with other words... where can you find such bare steel fences and grey floors at Disneyland Park?

I get the opinion, that it looks simple because the look of toys is simple.
But I think, they choose this kind of themeing to built it as cheap as possible.
If you take a close look at the inside of RC Racer... its that kind of gray steely look you find in every NON-Disney Theme Park.
And thats what makes me feel sad.
If they would have taken all this money to built ONE new big E-Ticket, it would have brought more magic to the studios
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

Pete's Dragon

Well here goes. TSPL's theme is very well maintained throughout the pictures I've looked at. It may well be a well-carried out idea, bu that doesn't make it a good idea to begin with.
I think it looks cheap and tacky and makes WDS even more unorganised than before. The rides look pretty good (bar the lousy themeing) and I will def. make a bee-line for them if and when I visit next. But the new rides aren't making me book any quicker.
Hopefully the extra rides will make the queues away from ToT and RnRC that little bit smaller.

Bad DLP, must try harder  :(

disneyrules

I think all the theming looks really good! :)
I love the design for the slinky ride :D
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Well here goes. TSPL's theme is very well maintained throughout the pictures I've looked at. It may well be a well-carried out idea, bu that doesn't make it a good idea to begin with.
I think it looks cheap and tacky and makes WDS even more unorganised than before. The rides look pretty good (bar the lousy themeing) and I will def. make a bee-line for them if and when I visit next. But the new rides aren't making me book any quicker.
Hopefully the extra rides will make the queues away from ToT and RnRC that little bit smaller.

I agree ALOT!

pussinboots

The RC Racer and the Parachute Drop rides themselves do look frighteningly cheap...

I'm very curious about the RC Racer queue (the outside portion.) On the model it looked pretty nice.

DopeyDad

I'm sure I read somewhere that the 'top' surface of RC was going to get a covering once all testing complete, but can't find that anywhere now. Maybe I imagined that! It would be a silly let down if they didn't, don't you think?

luke85

Quote from: "DopeyDad"I'm sure I read somewhere that the 'top' surface of RC was going to get a covering once all testing complete, but can't find that anywhere now. Maybe I imagined that! It would be a silly let down if they didn't, don't you think?

I've heard that too, I guess we'll just have to wait and see... :?

pussinboots

I just noticed something... Is it me or does this soldier look like he was designed to be holding a rifle? Haha.

paterdave2

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"But it´s just a bunch of green sheds... not very much to look at all. A bit wierd to see a war themed section in a Disneypark...
As I mentioned... I still don´t see how this can be "very high quality". I think one has to define that. I can always back up my views by comparing different parks and by looking at the Disney themepark past. To just state that this is "very high quality" is worse than just simply hating by first glance.
The good thing is that it is easy to repaint.
The grass looks better tahn I´d thought it would do. I do have to add that it is indeed fun that they use classic toys from outside the Disney "realm". I´d just rather see some kind of a train ride insted of a... bench.

As long as YOU all post what you think... so will I. If it breaks the Magic Forum rules... kick me out.
When new pictures comes I´ll comment them.
Tuvok... you made me change my mind.

Is this VHDQ? ...Very High Disney Quality? If yes... what is low Disney quality?:

Timmy you really don't get it do you.
It is really a very "HIGH" level of theming.
I must give timmy some credit here.
The Rex statue is not my tast of fun.
I just don't like it. He could be a lot better in my opinion.
Also aren't the Toy story movies about Woody but where is he??????? I think this is a missed opertunaty for Disney.
I hope that they prove me wrong when I come there in november but what I saw from the last few shots The parachute drop theming that was just simple.
I do like the knex railing but the domino is to colourful for me.
But we will see what it looks like in real life in november.

Also I checked some prices of a hotel near disneyland tokyo but thos were over the €450,- That was without tickets to the park or the planeflight to tokyo
When I go to DLP I stay at santa fé and pay about €450 and that is with tickets.
I think that is a big diffrence don't you think so Timmy.
I am not saying that you are wrong but when it comes to prices I think DLP is a lot cheaper than Japan or the US.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "paterdave2"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"But it´s just a bunch of green sheds... not very much to look at all. A bit wierd to see a war themed section in a Disneypark...
As I mentioned... I still don´t see how this can be "very high quality". I think one has to define that. I can always back up my views by comparing different parks and by looking at the Disney themepark past. To just state that this is "very high quality" is worse than just simply hating by first glance.
The good thing is that it is easy to repaint.
The grass looks better tahn I´d thought it would do. I do have to add that it is indeed fun that they use classic toys from outside the Disney "realm". I´d just rather see some kind of a train ride insted of a... bench.

As long as YOU all post what you think... so will I. If it breaks the Magic Forum rules... kick me out.
When new pictures comes I´ll comment them.
Tuvok... you made me change my mind.

Is this VHDQ? ...Very High Disney Quality? If yes... what is low Disney quality?:

Timmy you really don't get it do you.
It is really a very "HIGH" level of theming.
I must give timmy some credit here.
The Rex statue is not my tast of fun.
I just don't like it. He could be a lot better in my opinion.
Also aren't the Toy story movies about Woody but where is he??????? I think this is a missed opertunaty for Disney.
I hope that they prove me wrong when I come there in november but what I saw from the last few shots The parachute drop theming that was just simple.
I do like the knex railing but the domino is to colourful for me.
But we will see what it looks like in real life in november.

Also I checked some prices of a hotel near disneyland tokyo but thos were over the €450,- That was without tickets to the park or the planeflight to tokyo
When I go to DLP I stay at santa fé and pay about €450 and that is with tickets.
I think that is a big diffrence don't you think so Timmy.
I am not saying that you are wrong but when it comes to prices I think DLP is a lot cheaper than Japan or the US.

There are alot of places to live for about 50 for two persons in Tokyo per night... good places. The downside is you need to travel in the subway for an hour. But hey... you are going to the BEST themeparks in the world... and it costs less than in Paris. The food in Japan is cheaper than in Paris... alot. The ticket to and from parks aswell... it´evens out. If you life in France or close France... then it´s a another deal. Alot of people don´t life near France. The bottom line is that one can get away with a trip and stay to Japan and visits to Disney there for the same price as Paris if flight and everything is included in the calculation. I´m not mentioning that again, since we seme to have experts on Japan here... The important thing is that the same money give you sooo much more than just the worst themepark in the world, you get the BEST.

...and regarding the new picture Pussnboots posted of the RC racer or what they call it... I think it looks just as aweful as the rest of WDS. Cheap, ugly, booring and lacking in theme, TSPL fits like a glove in WDS, the fair park. Hope to see more pictures soon of TSPL.
But I do like the way the grass looks in that land, really... it looks like giant grass. I am impressed by that.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "pussinboots"I just noticed something... Is it me or does this soldier look like he was designed to be holding a rifle? Haha.

Good observation! There is no doubt he was holding a rifle. WOW btalk about a bad way to fix a BLOOPER!

EmilieK

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Well here goes. TSPL's theme is very well maintained throughout the pictures I've looked at. It may well be a well-carried out idea, bu that doesn't make it a good idea to begin with.

I completly agree. It just don't do it for me, and I hate thrill rides with a fiery pasion so Disneyland is usualy my go to park for rides.

tubbsy

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"There are alot of places to live for about 50 for two persons in Tokyo per night... good places. The downside is you need to travel in the subway for an hour. But hey... you are going to the BEST themeparks in the world... and it costs less than in Paris. The food in Japan is cheaper than in Paris... alot. The ticket to and from parks aswell... it´evens out. If you life in France or close France... then it´s a another deal. Alot of people don´t life near France. The bottom line is that one can get away with a trip and stay to Japan and visits to Disney there for the same price as Paris if flight and everything is included in the calculation. I´m not mentioning that again, since we seme to have experts on Japan here... The important thing is that the same money give you sooo much more than just the worst themepark in the world, you get the BEST.

that sounds good, but we are one of those that are a ferry ride and the equivalent of a car ride to grandparents to get to DLP-so we're one of those that, in the grand scheme of things, live relatively near. But its something I may consider in the future when we plan a trip away from DLP.

I understand that the army men are done to high quality but it still looks stark to me. I'm not sure how they could have done it better -although I know our friends who dont like TSPL will say "the best way would to have not built it at all"-I can understand that, also as pussinboots pointed out, that soldier looks really dodgy and where is Woody?!?! But I'm loving the giant toys everywhere and love Slinky Dog peaking through the grass, it really lends itself to the idea that we're in Andys garden amongst his toys. I cant wait to see it all for myself :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

DopeyDad

Would it be possible to move the Tokyo/Paris conversation elsewhere? It's clear that for some people there may be equivalent costs but for many. many others who can access DLP by rail/road/ferry the price is prohibitive. We can go round in circle with that for ever depending on where you live.