Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara2141

Quote from: "claire2281"
Quote from: "toritinker"Thanks Claire oooo I can't wait to see his expression,  I am seeing the third one tomorrow, hope I don't cry! I hope you do manage to go in December, love the park at that time of the year! :D

I think anyone who doesn't cry just isn't human imo! :D

I've been sorting out my videos from my trip and thought I should post this here: the army men drop testing. You can hear some of the Sarge voice over stuff. And I did take a peek over at the big Buzz too. Apologies for how wobbly it is - I had to take it whilst walking.

Thank you for that video - my other half is a bit nervous of thrill rides (I took her on Crush last year - she was not impressed) but that looks like something we can go on together. I like a lot.

And yes - anyone who doesn't cry or even just get tears in their eyes at TS3 is wrong, I sobbed and sobbed at the end. Attractive.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

SM:M3

OK some quick news, inside the Blue Barrel is a small retail kiosk, perhaps selling similar stuff to the one planned for Hong Kong, although I can't remember what that one was meant to sell!

CafeFantasia

You'd think Toy Story Playland would have a proper shop selling... toys. Surely it's the perfect place to sell figures of Buzz Lightyear and Woody? Maybe they're waiting to build Toy Story Mania, where they'll put an indoor shop after the ride's unload area.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alan"You'd think Toy Story Playland would have a proper shop selling... toys. Surely it's the perfect place to sell figures of Buzz Lightyear and Woody? Maybe they're waiting to build Toy Story Mania, where they'll put an indoor shop after the ride's unload area.

Perhaps someone calculated that a merchandise kiosk brings in the same revenue as a full-blown shop? I still don't get it either. Toy Story Playland will surely be the place to be this late summer and fall, and they won't have a shop to capitalize on it.

Anyway, that's not a very good spot for a vending location, isn't it? Bit of a bottleneck. Although it will see plenty of traffic.

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Anyway, that's not a very good spot for a vending location, isn't it? Bit of a bottleneck. Although it will see plenty of traffic.
I think the kiosk will be in the open lid of the barrel, actually sitting just to the left of the tunnel. From the looks of some of the photos there's a nice shady circle there in front of it.

While the lack of a shop is weird, it's more surprising we haven't even heard of a single food kiosk. Will people really have to traipse all the way to the "Kool Zone" or that one opposite Cars (which possibly only sells ice cream)? Don't even mention toilets. It's a shame that will all the additions so far (expect perhaps for Tower of Terror) the food and retail, all this really essential infrastructure for a theme park, has appeared just as an afterthought... the operations teams move in a week before opening and think "right, where can we stick a hot dog truck?".

pussinboots

Ah, I hadn't spotted a lid. That makes sense.

And well, a hot dog cart is probably precisely what we'll see, of course... I'm sure they'll stick some light themeing on one of their ODVs. A Coca-Cola toy truck, perhaps? Which brings us to toilets again...

But personally, I still can't see how that makes sense from a business perspective. Aren't they far more likely to make a sale in an inviting building, where people seek shelter from the elements or simply a place to sit down? I for one have never bought anything from a merchandise cart and have only very rarely bought food or beverages from an ODV... And only when they sell something you can't get in the regular outlets, such as crêpes or those Perrier cocktails. But anyway, I suppose we'll never know.

Ratatouille might bring us all three missing facilities, anyway.

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but whilst browsing I found this article on The New Toy Story Playland, whats the great thing about the article is that in the article there is a photo of REX which was taken inside Toy Story Playland by the journalist...So its nice to see it on picture before seeing it in real life! :thumbs:

Enjoy

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... kdqjm9H5bw

paterdave2

After reading all 103 pages tonight and becoming a member here I'm still wondering about 2 things.

They are building the same land in DLHK but you don't hear anybody about that.
Fot that park the only thing you hear about TSPL is:
WOW great  and more of that stuff.
What is so diffrent between paris and hong kong I don't know.

Speaking for myself I don't like the land and I like the land.
The rides are not that interesting for me except rc racer but the theming is done great I think.

The second thing I found strange here is the way people speak to one another.
Steve says I like it and Danny goes back that Steve is mad because the park is the worst and this part is even worse and so on and so on.
Yes we know that WDS isn't the best Disney park out there but you can't compare 2 diffrent kind of parks with each other. For exsample we don't compare DLP with WDS do we so whe compare it with TDS yes it is another second gate but it has a whole diffrent theme.
There is even spoken that europeans don't know the Disney feeling(well excuse me but were did americans come from?????)
Also people say that for the price we pay here to get to DLP we can go to Tokyo or Orlando
Sorry but a ticket to Japan or the states are a little bit more expencive than the trip to DLP for us here in europe.

So after that's being said I hope that all of you who are there on 17th of august have a great time and I know that if you don't I will when I'm there in november.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Anthony

Quote from: "pussinboots"Ratatouille might bring us all three missing facilities, anyway.
Yep, probably exactly what they're waiting for. Just unfortunate something couldn't have been planned to open now in the vein of Toilets of Terror. Toilettes de Paris perhaps. The area could be lacking this stuff for two years or more if they wait for the Rat.

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"
Heyyy that's great! And Rex isn't in the planter like on the scale model or even behind a barrier? They probably realised people would climb into the plants or over the barrier anyway, so that's good!

Not that I hoped for anything less, but these figures really are very sculpted and decorated. The detail and variety of all the other props is almost overwhelming for the Studios. Whatever the rides provide (or don't), it's good to have something purely fun with a lot of greenery and colour in our very serious concrete box park. (No, I still don't understand why Production Courtyard with its ridiculous name isn't given half the criticism of this land)

tubbsy

Wow! Rex looks amazing! So we have Buzz and Rex, are there any other characters? I am getting more excited! :D
I do agree though that they have missed a trick for people to have somewhere to sit down and eat. they could have even had a little shop within the cafe to sell merchandise. And as for hunting for toilets! My youngest is one of those that needs to go now!  :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TimmyTimmyTimmy

"Sorry but a ticket to Japan or the states are a little bit more expencive than the trip to DLP for us here in europe."

Yes but a good place stay at, food and other expances? Airfare is much more expensive to Japan. But everything else is cheaper in Tokyo. It eavens out. I am sure one can find a rats nest to stay in Paris and eat garbage... but that was not what I ment. When it comes to the park experience we can´t even compare Japan To France. Two different worlds, one is great and the other is... not as great. You can go and experience Disney in Tokyo and get about the same standards for the same money as Paris.

claire2281

Quote from: "tubbsy"Wow! Rex looks amazing! So we have Buzz and Rex, are there any other characters? I am getting more excited! :D

They are excellent - absolutely perfect likenesses!

And surely there has to be a Woody in there somewhere. Unless Andy's taken him inside with him ;)
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

toritinker

rex looks amazing, thank you for sharing :) x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

tubbsy

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy""Sorry but a ticket to Japan or the states are a little bit more expencive than the trip to DLP for us here in europe."

Yes but a good place stay at, food and other expances? Airfare is much more expensive to Japan. But everything else is cheaper in Tokyo. It eavens out. I am sure one can find a rats nest to stay in Paris and eat garbage... but that was not what I ment. When it comes to the park experience we can´t even compare Japan To France. Two different worlds, one is great and the other is... not as great. You can go and experience Disney in Tokyo and get about the same standards for the same money as Paris.

See now I'll be honest here TimmytimmyTimmy, I've only ever priced up America and it isnt cost effective for us as I have to book fairly late as DH's holiday times can be ..... unpredictable. We're really lucky to have been able to take advantage of the 40%  So when pricing up for America at short notice its silly prices and not in the right direction.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

disneyrules

Wow i think rex looks really cool. I would love to see him there :D
I wonder if eventually they will build a statue of woody or another character.
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1: