Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

They're certainly doing a better job keeping the website updated these days but it's a shame DLP is still allergic to concept art. Those logos and fake images really aren't very exciting. Same for Crush and Cars which were never updated with real photos after opening.

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"The entrance under Buzz doesn't lool very big, or maybe its just how it looks in the photo.
You're probably right, it must be at least as wide as say the Adventureland entrance (which has those benches and the huge plant plot blocking the path)?

What's worrying me about the land now (kinda the same as you Penfold) is that the bamboo and thicker planting is possibly placed only around the edges like a giant wall. Perhaps they want to create the feeling of a cutting or an area of grass that Andy has stomped down, but it'll make the land seem really dull (and much more like a fairground) if you can see everything as soon as you step inside. Hopefully each of the rides will also be separated by thicker planting.

claire2281

Having seen pictures of RC testing now I'm looking forward to trying that one. Looks like it could be deceptively fun. Slinky is obviously a kiddies ride but I love Slinky Dog and a nice photo of the ride will be great. The parachutes look quite tame imo but might be worth a go.

Either way it's great to see that the park is getting three new attractions. Just annoying I'm going two weeks before they open!
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Anthony

Via those Photos Magiques people... ;)

[youtube:1veolg4v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGiee1LNnk[/youtube:1veolg4v]

Columbiad

Nice - thanks, Anthony. I cant say that Slinky doesn't look just a little creepy, dipping in and out of view behind those bamboo... :D

Timbo

Quote from: Anthony]
You're probably right, it must be at least as wide as say the Adventureland entrance (which has those benches and the huge plant plot blocking the path)?
QuoteI was told those benches were placed there to stop vehicles driving through the archway ,after one of them hit the huge light fixture and it had to be removed for months to be repaired ! I know this is totally off topic ! ;)

electricdreams

I just wished they had built 2 RC Racers as the Q's for this ride will be HUGE.
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

mehdi5

Quote from: "Timbo"I was told those benches were placed there to stop vehicles driving through the archway ,after one of them hit the huge light fixture and it had to be removed for months to be repaired ! I know this is totally off topic ! ;)
Wasn't it after a storm during which the benches were placed in case the huge lamp on the ceiling would fall?

littlemermaid83

Slinky looks fun for the little kids and non thrill seekers.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Timbo

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "Timbo"I was told those benches were placed there to stop vehicles driving through the archway ,after one of them hit the huge light fixture and it had to be removed for months to be repaired ! I know this is totally off topic ! ;)
Wasn't it after a storm during which the benches were placed in case the huge lamp on the ceiling would fall?
I was told this on a Park tour by the cast member , so maybe she was misinformed .Though I doubt a storm would bring it down as it is well secured and in a slightly sheltered location .

Martyn

The circumference of Slinky is a lot bigger than I imagined!

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Heres a video update of Toy Story Playland I found on DCP Forum, Uploaded by DCP Member (Tyrower)
In the video we see that RC Racer is going through testing... :D/
ENJOY!  :D/  =D>  :twisted:
[youtube:2rvyrqx1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnFHvtSHb5E&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:2rvyrqx1]

JelleP

I actually think this land will be really fun! It looks very colorful and there are a lot of objects from the Toy Story films!
I hope they've also some stuff from Toy Story 3, does anyone know they have? :oops:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

TimmyTimmyTimmy

WDS as we all know looked terrible when opened. The latest developments prove the park will look ever worse the years to come. They have to plant a 100 trees to hide the stupid aweful rides that are not up to Disneypark standards. WDS is not a themepark anymore. There is no real theme. It is a permanent fair. Soon Disney will offer it´s european customers places to get a tatto or a belly button piercing. It´s sad to see that the future ratatouille area is already RUINED. Hong Kong Disneyland fans fear that park will also life to see the same fate as WDS:

Disney... you should hang your head in shame. This is not what Walt would have wanted!

Disneymaniacus

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"WDS as we all know looked terrible when opened. The latest developments prove the park will look ever worse the years to come. They have to plant a 100 trees to hide the stupid aweful rides that are not up to Disneypark standards. WDS is not a themepark anymore. There is no real theme. It is a permanent fair. Soon Disney will offer it´s european customers places to get a tatto or a belly button piercing. It´s sad to see that the future ratatouille area is already RUINED. Hong Kong Disneyland fans fear that park will also life to see the same fate as WDS:

Disney... you should hang your head in shame. This is not what Walt would have wanted!

If you think it so terrible than don't go to the parks and go to Six Flags or something and don't annoy us with your stupid opinion. WDS is up to the standard of a Themepark and especially Toon Studios with it's rich theming. 100 trees? It's Bamboo and it's used to create an intimite place that gives you the feeling your standing in a backyard.
About the Ratatouille Area and Attraction; how can you judge something you haven't seen for real? Quite stupid to judge something on just a few photos that don't even show details and most theming. The same goes for TSPL, we haven't seen most of the theming and then it would still be from photos.

I'm looking forward seeing TSPL and Ratatouille in the future because I think it will bring more attractions in for children and adults to enjoy together and that's what Walt Disney was all about, he wasn't all about big, expensive attractions with a lot of theming, but he wanted to create a place where adults and children could play together.

littlemermaid83

I had real reservations about TSPL, yes I thought it was a complete waste of time and the rides look lame...but I now take back anything bad I said.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with my Daughter at TSPL and thats what matters the most.  I just hope shes tall enough for RC Racer in October lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!