Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Ahh, lovely construction fences. The only ugly thing we welcome at DLRP. :lol:

I'm guessing this is for the forest demolition and tram tour re-route? Or is it something else entirely?

Kristof

Quote(kristof, always something up your sleeve! =D> )

A big thank you has to go to our member MagicStar who was so kind to take the photos for me during his trip this week!  :D

Riebi

=D>  for MagicStar  :mrgreen:  Have to write him a mail!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

The Butlin Boy

Wow, that is one long construction fence :shock:  :o

Does anyone know whether or not the STT will close down at any point to allow for construction to progress, or will it remain open the whole time? :)

smurfy74

blimey they went up quick, they werent there monday when we were there, or the tuesday i think :?

Kristof

Small update, a French website is reporting that the work on the Tram road is not for Toy Story Playland, but for the expansion of a CM parking lot behind the STT Station.  This is NOT true.  [-(   Although I cannot confirm if the CM parking lot will be expanded (which is quite possible), it's not the reason why the works are being done.  The new road is being diverted a few meters over the current forest border to allow space for the Toon Studio expansion.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"Small update, a French website is reporting that the work on the Tram road is not for Toy Story Playland, but for the expansion of a CM parking lot behind the STT Station.  This is NOT true.  [-(   Although I cannot confirm if the CM parking lot will be expanded (which is quite possible), it's not the reason why the works are being done.  The new road is being diverted a few meters over the current forest border to allow space for the Toon Studio expansion.

Thanks Kristof :)

Kristof

And the three attraction themes are.....

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"Disneyland Resort Paris has recently started conducting surveys for its new theme for 2010-2011. A few ideas are proposed revolving around different themes going from Pirates to Disney Classics.

Each theme however includes a description for Toy Story Playland, the big novelty for 2010.

- A spinning attraction in which Slinky chases his own tail (Music Express)
- A 25 meters high Parachute Tower themed to the Green Army Men.
- A Halfpipe attraction based on RC Racer.

RnRCj

25 metres for the parachute tower? I was expecting half that size! I am really struggling to imagine this looking good now.

I know we haven't seen any concept art yet, but I will be surprised if the Imagineers can pull off excellent theming for these Six-Flags type rides. I'm sure the music express will be okay, but the half-pipe and the parachute tower? That will be a huge challenge. :?

Theming on par with Jumpin' Jellyfish in my opinion wouldn't be good enough. It needs to top that at a park like WDS. So far with the additions of the Hollywood Boulevard and Toon Studio we have seen steps forward in WDS' theming, but this project is very risky and I think it could even see WDS taking a step back.

DLRP will really need to impress me with this one.

x-charlotte-x

I agree, these rides don't seem to be very Disneyish.  :?

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Owain

Seems very intresting, tbh im really excited about this development, i also think it has alot of potential  :D.

Kristof

Quote from: "x-charlotte-x"I agree, these rides don't seem to be very Disneyish.  :?

Two of the three are already transformed into Disney attractions in California and Tokyo.  

And to add, it won't just be these three rides, it will be an entire mini-land with lots of props and theming, similar to A Bugs Land and Mermaid Lagoon.

Willow

A lot of Disneyland Paris isn't very Disney-ish though, look at the number of inversions we have on our rollercoasters. I'm not going to make a proper judgement on the idea until I see the final product.
The studios needs another area and more rides, with Toy Story Playland (not sure about the working title yet) 3 new rides will be added as well as a new themed area, its not going to break the bank building it, the rides would be cheap to buy.

x-charlotte-x

I guess i do like having the inversions on our rollercoasters so maybe i will like it once its all been done and themed, im not too sure about the halfpipe though.

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

RnRCj

What I really want to know is if this is a full-size half pipe we're talking about here (like the one in the picture). That's what I have been presuming all along, and that that's why I am worried about it. Such a huge, ugly ride hasn't got much chance of looking good in a Disney park unless they build 80 foot theming, which I doubt they will.

If it is a scaled down version of the half pipe, that would be much better and easier to theme. It would also be more family friendly, like it should be. I'm really hoping for that. [-o<