Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneydavid

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

DopeyDad

yup, if they can just sort out the visual intrusion to ToT etc, and hopefully they will at some point be able to do this with better Hollywood Boulevard placemaking. They knew the heights of these rides at the beginning of design so they could at least have some idea of tackling this (they were balloon height testing June 2008). Without the intrusion, and after Rat etc and who knows what with the costume building, I see no reason why TSPL won't fit very well into a general Toon area. exit Studio 1, Turn right to Toon/Pixar and Left to Movies. But I guess it depends on when/if they deal with it.

Festival Disney

It's not brilliant but here's a video that I came across on DCP of TSPL from the Tram tour...
[youtube:7s01iam6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXA9o7o2UAM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:7s01iam6]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Martyn

In my opinion it will actually make the STT a little less boring being able to see into TSPL. Its nice seeing things from a different angle sometimes.

Disneydavid

I heard that they are making a path for ratatouille allready! (wdsfans on twitter!)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

never2old

Disney Central Plaza is reporting on in Facebook that Mr John Lasseter himself is visiting the TSPL site today!

Kristof

Some news I posted on WDSfans and Twitter yesterday.  The giant Buzz Lightyear will occasionally say his catch phrases like he does in toy-mode in the movies.  You know... "I'm Buzz Lightyear... I come in peace".

Donald-Duck-Malta

Quote from: "Kristof"Some news I posted on WDSfans and Twitter yesterday.  The giant Buzz Lightyear will occasionally say his catch phrases like he does in toy-mode in the movies.  You know... "I'm Buzz Lightyear... I come on peace".

ohhhhh sooo coooool :D thanks 4 the update Kristof

CafeFantasia

QuoteI come on peace

Amazing how just one letter can change the meaning of a catchphrase.

SM:M3

Quote from: "Alan"
QuoteI come on peace

Oh...
Anyway... not so sure about this, it could be a bit odd if he just stands there and suddenly says something, unless he has a face like the AA in Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, and it could end up being repetitive and annoying

ford prefect

QuoteI come on peace

:lol:
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

toritinker

oooo the fact he speaks sounds great to me!!!! much more fun :D
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "SM:M3"
QuoteI come on peace

Oh...
Anyway... not so sure about this, it could be a bit odd if he just stands there and suddenly says something, unless he has a face like the AA in Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, and it could end up being repetitive and annoying

No, I think this is a good idea. When Andy press buzz's buttons and he recites his catchphrase his mouth doesn't move. Aslong as it's not too loud and frequent it should be a pretty cool effect :).

bigrossco

Quote from: "Kristof"Some news I posted on WDSfans and Twitter yesterday.  The giant Buzz Lightyear will occasionally say his catch phrases like he does in toy-mode in the movies.  You know... "I'm Buzz Lightyear... I come on peace".

any idea how this is going to work yet, i.e. will it just speak random, or will it be movement activated?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Kristof

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"When Andy press buzz's buttons and he recites his catchphrase his mouth doesn't move.

Exactly, that's the idea.