Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricdreams

Quote from: "Festival Disney"I may be able to help here, as i found the park map at DLP.info, and it states the ride heights!

thanks for that  ;)
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

MagicKenny

Let's post some images ;)

Kenny :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

guest3474

Thanks for the pictures Kenny!  :thumbs:

Things are really developing now - RC Racer and the Paracute Jump appear to be finished, just a matter of theming the queues to the Disney standard, but the Zig Zag Spin is lagging behind, making me think is it on schedule?  :?
I am relatively optimistic about it now, although I hope that TSPL isn't a part of Toon Studio, and it is it's own distinct area of the studios.

tubbsy

Its looking good :)
Its looking like-for the moment, TSPL is a part of Toon Stuio.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

wooooooohooooo loving the pictures!! thank you for posting the updates, I love seeing the photos!!! :D
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

JelleP

Did I spot a Slinky Dog Ride there :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Disneydavid

Looking good:D!!!!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

They're calling Slinky Dog a coaster, is there any real confirmation on what type of ride it is?

And RC doesn't look right, being so big, with such small wheels!

CafeFantasia

I think Slinky Dog might technically be a coaster, because it has a train that runs on a track, but if it IS classified as a coaster then it's the smallest coaster in the World. It just goes round in circles.

Disney shouldn't really be saying "enjoy the thrills on this zigzag coaster" because a lot of people might be disappointed when they see it in person and discover it's basically a flat ride for kids. There's no lift hill, there's no station. The end of the train touches the front of the train. Not exactly what you'd expect when you see the word "coaster".

Reiana

So, I thought Slinky is a simple Music Express type ride.
Or did I get something wrong?

Martyn

Yeah I just presumed it was going to be one of those. It probably is to be honest, and I suppose I could maybe see why they'll call it a coaster, it probably isn't too different to a kids coaster :P

SM:M3

If I'm right a Music Express has arms that hold the cars up, but this is just the same but without arms, it runs on a track round and round and round...

Willow

Its not a coaster unless it coasts.
So for example, technically Casey Jr isn't a coaster because it doesn't coast, it is constantly powered.

Its just a standard (Mack?) Musik Express, probably one of the most simple flat rides you can get.

Festival Disney

More themeing!  :thumbs:

From DisneyGazette.fr
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day