Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "Alan"Thanks for those photos. Two things about Toy Story Playland you can't complain about:

• It looks very colourful, with lots of warm, attractive shades
• It brings a lot of lush greenery to the park

In other words: Not much

JelleP

Looks promising, really would like to see TSPL when it has opened :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Martyn

Great pics! TSPL definitely has an Adventure Isle feel to it!

So whats the deal with them Rat boxes? Whats going on there? Or is that just the pathway that leads to the other TSPL entrance?

Kristof

Two photos from today:

JelleP

I hope they'll make the RC Racer track better on the inside (where the 'ride' is), it doesn't look like a HotWheels track from that perspective :roll:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

QTXAdsy

I don't know this is a little bit late to post this but, i kinda had an idea how TSPL could fit into the studios more better.

And yes, it includes a big soundstage, a BIG soundstage

What I would of thought of that it would be named 'Toy Story Studio Set' (Very unoriginal name I know, couldn't think of anything else... :oops: )

The idea is that you are to star in the next Toy Story film by starring on many of the attractions in the set. I'm a bit lazy to post any of my sketches i did of the area but you'd probably get the idea that it would match in with the other sound stages and would be painted red.

The idea itself maybe very late to post but it is possible if they make a 'part 2' to the land. Think about, it would match in with the studios better, no one will complain about the view, we have some very lovely looking themed rides which means in the end that everyones a winner. :thumbs:

Here Come The Belgians!

dagobert

@ QTXAdsy: I like your idea better than the current version of TSPL, because it is hidden in a soundstage which fits better into the Studios Park theme than the Toy Story land.

Gareth

oooo it gets better every time i come in this thread i can not wait to see it finished  :D/

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

montaguewarner

It all looks so good! Is there going to be a Black "race-track" style theming put on that orange metal around the ride, you know what i mean?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

electricdreams

I/we(my 4 yeard old) cant wait...

I wonder what the height limit will be on the main 2 rides ?
2002/07 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2003/06 - Walt Disney World Resort Florida
2008/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/06 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2009/09 - Disneyland Resort Paris
2012/12 - Disneyland Resort Paris

tubbsy

Hmmm. Well, I know it doesnt have the same car, but the Edge at Paultons Park and Kobra at Chessinton have a 1m20cm height restriction.
http://www.paultonspark.co.uk/ridesattr ... rides.html
http://www.chessington.com/explore/full ... sting.aspx
Like I said tho' they're different style cars. M'be that RC is a car not a spinning disk might change the height restriction.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SM:M3

I doubt they'll be that high, this is Disney, and it depends on the restraints I think. And montaguewarner, RC Racer (the orange halfpipe) is meant to look like a Hotwheels track so no there won't be any black race track theming, except in the queue.

DopeyDad

argh, I know I've seen the actual restrictions for the 3 rides, but can't for the life of me remember where!
doh!
Is it in their brochure?

Festival Disney

I may be able to help here, as i found the park map at DLP.info, and it states the ride heights!
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

tubbsy

Oh dear, electric dreams must be standard for a half pipe :(
No restriction on Slinky dog? OK so Toy Soldiers is 81cm.... but how far does it drop ????? Yes I am a wimp! :lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club