Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Hmmm. They do need to do something about the Parachute drop being seen from Moteurs Action, but otherwise great. Hoping its all open when we go :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

montaguewarner

Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"DCA needed a change here and there to make it look a bit better and a few additions. It is getting all that now. WDS needs to be rebuilt from the ground. Visual intrusion, empty parkinglot looking walkways and a mish mash of ride mix is not what makes a great experience. ...and WDS has no major finale of a show.

Sorry If I'm mistaken but last time I checked WDS had no parking lot itself?
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

luke85

Quote from: "montaguewarner"
Quote from: "TimmyTimmyTimmy"DCA needed a change here and there to make it look a bit better and a few additions. It is getting all that now. WDS needs to be rebuilt from the ground. Visual intrusion, empty parkinglot looking walkways and a mish mash of ride mix is not what makes a great experience. ...and WDS has no major finale of a show.

Sorry If I'm mistaken but last time I checked WDS had no parking lot itself?

I think he means that a lot of the walkways in WDS look like empty parking lots. I wouldn't exactly agree with that, but a lot of the paths are very wide, grey and soul-less.

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Parkinglot looking soul less gray makes the toys look great:

tubbsy

Cor! Been three years since we've been. As I've previously said its only on our last visit that we spent a whole day in WDS and found it bare compared to its beautiful neighbour. These photos remind me why when I hear you guys talking of so many changes (TOT, Hollywood Blvd, TSPL) I hope that the imagineers have a big, long term scheme for WDS. :)
And thats why I am getting excited about seeing TSPL for myself in August.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

montaguewarner

Quote from: "tubbsy"Cor! Been three years since we've been. As I've previously said its only on our last visit that we spent a whole day in WDS and found it bare compared to its beautiful neighbour. These photos remind me why when I hear you guys talking of so many changes (TOT, Hollywood Blvd, TSPL) I hope that the imagineers have a big, long term scheme for WDS. :)
And thats why I am getting excited about seeing TSPL for myself in August.

Absolutely! It was an Asphalt Theme Park then but it's getting so much better every year! Bring TSPL on! :)
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

pussinboots

Was? The Backlot, the CinéMagique area, even the old Animation Courtyard are virtually unchanged. And those three areas still constitute most of the park!

I'm grateful for the Tower of Terror, but when I first visited the Studios in 2002 I certainly hoped there would be more alterations by 2010...

dagobert

Well said pussinboots! I have to admit that WDS has some beautiful places in the park, like the ToT area or the Cars area, but it is still far away from a real Disney park. We really like to spend some time in the WDS park, because it offers some great attractions despite the lack of theming.

By the way, I think that the half pipe looked better without the orange track covering. I can't wait until Ratatouille gets built, because I'm still not excited about TSPL.

jwagner

I have a question:

Will there be toilets in TSPL ???

DopeyDad

Yes, but really big ones to keep the illusion :lol:

TimmyTimmyTimmy

Quote from: "jwagner"I have a question:

Will there be toilets in TSPL ???

The way Disney are thinking these days the toilets could very well end up in Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop.

JelleP

^ Could be :')

But wasn't the building behind the RC Racer a toilet?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

SM:M3

Quote from: "JelleP"But wasn't the building behind the RC Racer a toilet?

If you mean the ones with the orange roofs, they're the queue, but aren't they're toilets on the back on Art of Animation?

JelleP

Quote from: "SM:M3"If you mean the ones with the orange roofs, they're the queue, but aren't they're toilets on the back on Art of Animation?
No, I ment that small building next to those with the orange roofs, near the STT (on the right ;))
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

luke85

I never heard/read that there were going to be toilets. I really hope it's true though!