Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pussinboots

Why do the protective covers on the bases of the Tinkertoy lamp posts have € signs on them? Is it a warning to the construction workers, as if to say, "careful, this stuff is new and very expensive"? Seems like something my dad would do.

dlrpkris

Oh I guess so actually. It has 'attention' or 'caution' written below it so it must be a symbol like you say. You'd think WDI knows what's valuable and what's not though...
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Disneydavid

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Lots of new construction photos from www.disneygazette.fr:

...and more/larger pics here! :)

Looking good! looking good! Also nice to see that ball over there , next to the RC Racer track.... man , i cant wait to get my hands on this :D =D>

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Timbo

It is coming together quite well , but that parachute tower is one pig ugly piece of construction , you could never look at it and say it was a beautiful addition to the park !

CafeFantasia

If the parachute tower actually had one massive parachute on top of it, hiding all of the mechanisms under an umbrella, it would look better.

tubbsy

Quote from: "Timbo"It is coming together quite well , but that parachute tower is one pig ugly piece of construction , you could never look at it and say it was a beautiful addition to the park !
Its a beautiful addition to the park....... Sorry! Sorry! Joke! (hands up) Couldnt resist :oops: ....I'll get my coat shall I? (hangs head in shame)

Quote from: "Alan"If the parachute tower actually had one massive parachute on top of it, hiding all of the mechanisms under an umbrella, it would look better.
Now theres an idea. I was trying to think of an aeroplane like structure as they're supposed to be parachutes but thought that would only make it ..... I was going to say uglier but will go for harsher on the eye. A parachute on top  would soften it.

I am still excited to see all the changes (whatever is considered good and bad in different peoples eyes) and am feeding all info onto DD, making us really look forward to our trip in August. Keep it coming guys  :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

toritinker

Hi all,

I'm really excited that the TSPL will be open when we go (hopefully!!) at the end of August this year.
The photos so far look really good, I'm a bit apprehensive as to how well it will fit in with the park, but once everything is finished i'm sure it will amazing.
Can't wait to explore the new playland!!!
xx
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

MagicKenny

Quote from: "Alan"If the parachute tower actually had one massive parachute on top of it, hiding all of the mechanisms under an umbrella, it would look better.
I don't know if that is possible to do, due to safety rules and regulations.
If they would have done that, the parachute on top should have been very large, so that people can still walk on top of the tower for the mechanisms when a failure occures. Not to mention the wind speeds that will be speeding up when it comes under the large parachute.
And a dome on top of the tower would only make it more visible from outside the Walt Disney Studio's and in the Disneyland Park.

I'm sure it is possible some way, but I don't know if it would have been better for both view and safety rules.

Kenny :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Maarten

Quote from: "MagicKenny"

I'm sure it is possible some way, but I don't know if it would have been better for both view and safety rules.

I agree. A massive parachute on top of the tower wouldn't make much sense with regards to theming, and it probably wouldn't look that good either, in my opinion at least.

JelleP

^I don't think such thing on top will make it better. It's gonna make the tower even more visable from outside (and inside) the park! ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Owain

Quote from: "MagicKenny"And a dome on top of the tower would only make it more visible from outside the Walt Disney Studio's and in the Disneyland Park.

And it'd probably look like a giant umbrella  :P

tubbsy

Quote from: "Owain"
Quote from: "MagicKenny"And a dome on top of the tower would only make it more visible from outside the Walt Disney Studio's and in the Disneyland Park.

And it'd probably look like a giant umbrella  :P

:lol: Ah yes! Got a point there!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Disneydavid

A little update , I will put online a new video on 26 or 27 april of TSPL.

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

What  links Toy Story to them wierd ugly posts that are everywhere?

smurfy74

they are tinker toys

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_toys

they are used on the sign in toy story midway mania as well

http://www.thedisneytraveler.com/files/ ... nia-01.jpg

i guess they are being used as they are classic toys