Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

QuoteAnd 15 million is on-par with the most expensive attractions ever built here in the UK, can't think of a attraction which has broken the 15 million barrier. (Ignoring Inflation)

Just to let you know, the Jubilee Oddyssey at Fantasy Island is probably one of the most expensive coasters in history, costing around £28m.

The fact that the TSPL is costing around 70m Euro's gives me that little bit of hope that there will be more in this land than just the rides, but we'll have to wait and see...

Magic M

Looking at the design elements on the miniatures, perhaps some of these will be animatronic?

How awesome will a ten foot robotic Rex The Dinosaur be?

They already have an animatronic dinosaur at Hong Kong Disneyland and we all know how closely linked these two parks are getting...!

//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_the_Dinosaur

JelleP

A robotic Rex would be wonderful! Would it be the first animatronic at the WDS?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Disneydavid

I was there yesterday and shoot some new vid's.
But , too bad , i am too sick to montage it.... sorry :(

Coming soon!

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

-breeno-

Quote from: "JelleP"A robotic Rex would be wonderful! Would it be the first animatronic at the WDS?
I don't think so, off the top of my head there's Remy from Restaurant Des Stars and do the birds in Crush ("Mine mine mine") count?  Can't think of anything else though, so i'd welcome another animatronic.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

JelleP

Quote from: "-breeno-"
Quote from: "JelleP"A robotic Rex would be wonderful! Would it be the first animatronic at the WDS?
I don't think so, off the top of my head there's Remy from Restaurant Des Stars and do the birds in Crush ("Mine mine mine") count?  Can't think of anything else though, so i'd welcome another animatronic.
Well, the animatronic-collection could be improved then, right?
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

Ronald767

A new video from Reporter David came online , a new update from februari , twice as long:
[youtube:2aib5af0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiR9A9eDiA[/youtube:2aib5af0]
And also the view from outside the 2 parks from the parachute tower
[youtube:2aib5af0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrFiUDqkOE[/youtube:2aib5af0]

JelleP

They're making progress, but I can't really see anything but steel and concrete...
I'm looking forward to it! :D

Disneydavid

Me too. I tried to do something different becouse the other dude 'stole' my idea with filming over the hedge... so , then Reporterdavid comes in :) I know its a bit shaky , but yeah , everyone was watching me , so i was a bit nervous.
As you can see in the begin of the video , the studios entrance was very calm... i wonder why  :P
Next videoupdate is on 15 march...

Anyway , i did it with joy ;)!

BTW. The photo of newsdlrp has been made @ cars race rally ;)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

Martyn

Well it looks to me as if there is definitely more than just the 3 main rides being built in there!

I have my fingers crossed!

Anthony

New pictures: http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/02/16/par ... e-skyline/

Remember this: viewtopic.php?p=117221#p117221 ? The view between that part of the boulevard (Franklin Dept Store and Los Feliz Hotel) could be so easily fixed just by extending the backdrop. How much would that take out of €70m?

Aveen2008

Not the nicest looking of objects maybe it will be better when the parachutes are added!

Cheryl Cole has a song called Parachute, maybe she could be there at the opening event hehehe!! :p
Luv Aveen xoxo

Willow

I think it looks pretty good, and it is barely visible from the themed area of the park. The parachute tower also fits its theme very well.

Another point I'd like to make is one which Anthony made in his latest DLRP Today news item:
The capacity of this ride is more than the Jumping Jellyfish at California Adventure, whereas Jumping Jellyfish is 2 towers. (Half the amount of towers for a greater capacity is definitely a good thing)
I wonder if this is a new model/custom from Intamin, as their website only showcases the smaller 2 seater version.

britincgn

How nice ,you can even see this from outside the park.

CafeFantasia

The weird thing is, even though this isn't a particuarly attractive ride system to begin with, the one at the Walt Disney Studios is even uglier! Check out the metalwork at the top of Jumpin' Jellyfish. Not as dense or bulky is it?