Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alka1

Quote from: "Magic M"Wasn't Disney Californian Adventure supposed to look like a traditional seaside pier funfair?

So in theory it is perfectly themed?

No. Disney's California Adventure is a theme park, within that park there is a land called Paradise Pier. It is a tribute to classic Victorian boardwalks of the early century. The Mullholland Madness ride is being re-themed to fit that specific theme, with the new name Goofy's Sky School. concept art below.

Quote from: "Martyn"Quickly going back to some of the people that dont like Crush, I think they should (and we all) consider ourselves lucky that DLP put as much effort in Crush as they did. Compare Crush to the similr rides that can be found at WDW ad DCA:

At least Crush was modified to be completely unique, not just left as bog standard. Anda normal standard MS Spinner is much better than them 2 Wild Mouse coasters anyway, yet what WDS done it with made the ride experience a hell of a lot better and unique.

While i'm not the biggest Mullholand Madness fan, that picture isn't exactly the best there is.  And to clarify, the ride is being re-themed to fit into the new Victorian architecture of the land. See above.

I also have to say I particularly enjoy how most of you seem to really "know" Disney's California Adventure when you clearly have never been there.

lil-shawn

hey folks,
so here are two more pics of this ugly thing..... found on DCP...

dagobert

Oh no, is this really Disney we are talking about? This thing is huge.

CafeFantasia

What I like about it is, it's beautifully designed and it subtly blends into the area around it. Walt Disney Imagineering should be proud of their latest and greatest creation :-)

Ronald767

Tower of Terror , Panoramique , and now Parachute Drop ... wow , we dont need a farris weel anymore :P

Columbiad

Quote from: "Alan"What I like about it is, it's beautifully designed and it subtly blends into the area around it. Walt Disney Imagineering should be proud of their latest and greatest creation :-)

Are you talking about TSPL?

Becuase I really, really hope your being sracastic... :P

pussinboots

Well, didn't we expect this? The concept art has been around for a while. I'm just as bummed as everyone else, but why the surprise.

Disneydavid

When I walk through the park I see really little back from the Disney gerne for Girls.... I think I made a good point in my audio podcast  when I said that the Studios got a blue logo becouse it really is a boy-park. And that the Disneyland Park got a pink logo becouse I think its more a sweet , soft park.... so for girls.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but considering that the studios will soon get a part with Boys Toys and that the rest of the park is filled with Thrills like Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster... I mean, this is no longer just a disney park ... its a Disney  park for  thrill seekers. The Toy Story Playland gives us some army toys, a half pipe, a radio controlled car and a dog stretched. Not ONE little girltheme like a dollhouse or something!

Am I right??

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

pussinboots

Walt's Disneyland was a park for boys. Well, it was a park for Walt. There was a train, there were boats, there were cowboys, Indians and astronauts. The 1950s' boy's fantasy.

If they want to build something for 2010's boys, then by all means let them go ahead, but this is hardly the best way to do so. Walt's boyish rides and lands could be enjoyed by everyone. The same can't be said for Toy Story Playland.

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "Columbiad"
Quote from: "Alan"What I like about it is, it's beautifully designed and it subtly blends into the area around it. Walt Disney Imagineering should be proud of their latest and greatest creation :-)
Are you talking about TSPL?

Becuase I really, really hope your being sracastic... :P

Yep, I was being sarcastic.

SM:M3

Quote from: "Disneydavid"When I walk through the park I see really little back from the Disney gerne for Girls.... I think I made a good point in my audio podcast  when I said that the Studios got a blue logo becouse it really is a boy-park. And that the Disneyland Park got a pink logo becouse I think its more a sweet , soft park.... so for girls.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but considering that the studios will soon get a part with Boys Toys and that the rest of the park is filled with Thrills like Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Rollercoaster... I mean, this is no longer just a disney park ... its a Disney  park for  thrill seekers. The Toy Story Playland gives us some army toys, a half pipe, a radio controlled car and a dog stretched. Not ONE little girltheme like a dollhouse or something!

Am I right??

I don't think that is true at all
Disneyland Park has, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Cowboys in Frontierland, Peter Pan, Captain Hook's Ship, etc etc (All rather male orientated)
Walt Disney Studios Park has non-gender specific attractions, Tower of Terror isn't masculine, nor is Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. How WDS can be a thrillseekers park with Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!, Toon Studio (minus Crush's Coaster), Cinémagique, Stitch Live!, Studio Tram Tour, etc etc I don't know!

The Studios got a blue logo to contrast with the pink logo of Disneyland Park.The Village has a red logo, that doesn't mean is angry or murderous, it just has a red logo to look good.

charlied

Considering the Disney genre is generally more popular with young girls I always thought the theme parks were more orientated around boys. Three out of the five lands in Disneyland Park are heavily related with cowboys, pirates and spacemen. Only Fantasyland could be considered as a girls land but it hardly features princesses and fairies like the Orlando one will do, in fact Peter Pan and Pinocchio I would say are more for boys than girls.

But back on topic, God that thing is horrible. :shock:

Quote from: "pussinboots"If they want to build something for 2010's boys, then by all means let them go ahead, but this is hardly the best way to do so.

Don't worry I heard they're going to go all modern for the boys of 2010; Armageddon will be replaced with a Call Of Duty dark ride and Autopia will be rethemed to Mariokart.  :)

JelleP

The attractions won't look that good (just say horrible...) from outside TSPL, but I think it will look good when you're actually ín the land itself. It really looks like those old army-themed toys. But I agree the tower ruins the Studio's skyline... :shock:

Quote from: "charlied"Don't worry I heard they're going to go all modern for the boys of 2010; Armageddon will be replaced with a Call Of Duty dark ride and Autopia will be rethemed to Mariokart.

Well, that would be interesting... :P
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Disneydavid

Ok, you made your points :) I hadn't seen it on that point of view .
But then again , some extra girlpower may be added to the park irrespective of the tables smink. I know that Disneyland Park isnt just for girls , and the Studios Park is not for boys only.. but , back on topic , we have a new lot (i dont see it as 3 new rides... i mean , the capacity of each ride would be very high...)

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "pussinboots"Well, didn't we expect this? The concept art has been around for a while. I'm just as bummed as everyone else, but why the surprise.

Exactly my point. This is why I get so grumpy when people say "Let's wait until it's finished before judging". After all, that is the point of concept art. Once it is built, too late.  :evil:
since 2001 (many before that)