Toy Story Playland (General discussion)

Started by Kristof, August 06, 2008, 01:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Toy Story Playland
Now open! - Opened 17th August 2010

Toy Story Playland is a brand new mini-land within Toon Studio themed to the popular Pixar Toy Story films with three attractions, immersive theming and photo locations. It sees you shrunk to the size of a toy, stepping into the thick grass of Andy's backyard to play with some of his most famous playthings.

Since the land is now open, we invite you to share thoughts, comments and discussion on the three main attractions in separate topics:

• Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop

• Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin

• RC Racer
Please continue to use this topic for all general news and discussion about the overall land.

burntsienna

Cool!
Though the Halfpipe Coast scares me abit.
The Children's Parachute Tower (similar to Jumpin' Jellyfish) looks amazing, hope I get to visit DLRP when they are all built!
Scuttle's Scooters has to be the fastest snails (atleast I think they are snails) I have ever seen  :mrgreen:
Thanks for posting Kristof  :mrgreen:
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

lil-shawn

Oh my gosh i hope it never will see the daylight, this would be the badest thing they can do. after tower of terror and the hollywood blvd. they come up with this pice of crap...

whats wrong with them, to spend money in something that is just temporary and unthemed, money they can spend on a repaint of alice´s labyrinth or to save it for the next big and themed attractions or to begin with the theater district or what ever...
when they bring it up in 2010, it sounds like we will not se any new attraction in 2012 for toon studios.

paul

Quote from: "lil-shawn"whats wrong with them, to spend money in something that is just temporary and unthemed,

If you read the OP, it says they WILL be themed.

lil-shawn

QuoteIf you read the OP, it says they WILL be themed.

oops, right im sorry!

But it dosen´t matter if it themed or not that's money down the drain!
They can spend it in other stuff, in more important stuff!!
thats just what i think about it!!

Nala_84

Wow, thank you Raptor... that's the news of the day :)  :D/ !!

The halfpipe thing is nothing for me though :D But I'd love such a Scuttle thing, hehe ;)! So there's no info about what the theming will be like?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Quote from: "lil-shawn"Oh my gosh i hope it never will see the daylight, this would be the badest thing they can do. after tower of terror and the hollywood blvd. they come up with this pice of crap...

whats wrong with them, to spend money in something that is just temporary and unthemed, money they can spend on a repaint of alice´s labyrinth or to save it for the next big and themed attractions or to begin with the theater district or what ever...
when they bring it up in 2010, it sounds like we will not se any new attraction in 2012 for toon studios.

I have no intention sounding "brusque" (hey people, I learned a new word not so long ago, I can finally use it!  :lol: ), but what are you talking about?????  This is EXPANSION with 3 new rides!!!  A new miniature land with lots of theming and props???  What is wrong with that???   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ratatouille is still a go for 2012!!!!! (will rephrase my message above, might not have been really clear), and Theatre District is going to happen too.  See this all in a bigger picture please.  The future for WDS is bright!!  This is just a very small part of it!  :wink:

RnRCj

Well I really, REALLY hope this is just a rumour. The Music Express could look okay, and possibly the paratower, but I can't imagine a halfpipe coaster looking good there at all. It really is a ride designed for Six Flags, not Disney.

Kristof, when you say they will be themed, how themed do you mean? Because it doesn't matter whether it's themed or not, it's how good the theming is. If, say, the paratower was themed similar to Jumpin' Jellyfish at DCA, in my opinion that certainly wouldn't do. WDS needs better than that, otherwise we're heading back to square one.

Also, will the Studio Tram Tour route have to be altered? I can't imagine all 3 of those rides fitting onto that small patch of grass. It will be very cramped if so.

-breeno-

Sounds like great news :D

Quote from: "Kristof"I have no intention sounding "brusque" (hey people, I learned a new word not so long ago, I can finally use it!  :lol: ), but what are you talking about?????  This is EXPANSION with 3 new rides!!!  A new miniature land with lots of theming and props???  What is wrong with that???   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I completely agree with you there Kristof, whats so bad about 3 new themed attractions!?  WDS is moving forward with this and it can only make things better :D  And i know how they theme it they will do a great job theming it.  I honestly can't see how people are thinking this is bad news, it's made my day hearing it!  :D/   Oh and i'm also not trying to sound "brusque"  :lol:  :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

lil-shawn

QuoteI have no intention sounding "brusque" (hey people, I learned a new word not so long ago, I can finally use it!  ), but what are you talking about????? This is EXPANSION with 3 new rides!!! A new miniature land with lots of theming and props??? What is wrong with that???    

hey kristof, i dont have any problem with the idea itself to make a miniature land, it´s the choise of the rides and that it will be temporary, vor me that's money down the drain!

I tryed to say before they make just temporary attractions and spend a lot of money, they sould spend it otherwise. A Music Express ride and a Children's Parachute Tower with the right themening i think it would be okay but the Halfpipe Coaster, i don´t know, it´s really nothing for Disney.

So when they do it it´s okay for me, i just hope they do it good and find the right theme!!

I hope now u understand what i was try to say  :)  :wink:

QuoteRatatouille is still a go for 2012!!!!! (will rephrase my message above, might not have been really clear), and Theatre District is going to happen too. See this all in a bigger picture please. The future for WDS is bright!! This is just a very small part of it!

okay than i´m calmed down  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "lil-shawn"it´s the choise of the rides and that it will be temporary, vor me that's money down the drain!
Again, please read the first post! They won't be temporary! Disney doesn't do temporary like this. They're just trying to add a huge amount of extra capacity to Toon Studio for a fairly minimal cost -- expand it into something that can sit well as a cousin of Fantasyland.

The cost vs. final result ratio here will be great for the park. No longer will you get to Cars Quatre Roues Rallye and then "that's it!", you'll have five great flat rides to choose from in the area. These are exactly the kind of walk-on continuous rides we used to always wish for at WDS. Since their last expansion only really brought us Cars (Crush isn't exactly something you can do on a whim), this (and Ratatouille) would complete the land.

RnRCj

I just think they should scrap the half-pipe. That's the only ride of the 3 that I think will look bad. Another roller coaster isn't needed, and it's just too much of a thrill ride for DLRP. It's also a really low capacity attraction - Haven't they learnt from Crush's Coaster that's not a good idea? :|

The Paratower I'm unsure about. It could looks good, but it could look terrible too. We'll have to wait and see. Also, like the half-pipe, it's a fairly low capacity attraction.

I think the music express however could look good. As long as it is themed well - At least as good as Cars Quatre Roues Rallye.

Riebi

It all depends on the theming for me. If they have a great wonderful gorgeous (making me tears in my eyes cause all that joy) theming it could be a wonderful expansion for toon studios. I hope it will be such a wonderful one.

I´ve also some issues to get how they will make disapear this big U from the half-pipe-thing. For the other two attractions I´m hoping for something special and more elaborate theme.
There are allreade such themed attraction in european theme parks like tripsdrill:

(source: www.freizeitpark-welt.de)

(source: wikimedia.org)

(soure: wikimedia.org)

The theming is ok. But not Disney! So I only can hope that we get something nice. And for me, nice means not to develope a little Toy Story Land to have ONE MORE Toy Story attraction at DLRP. I clearly see some green army man at the tower, a big game box behind it to hint the big U and some woody-horsed to ride on it around.....I love Toy Story...but I find enough of it at DLRP.

So if the theming is right and remarkabel it could be a wonderful little land inside of Toon Studio. But if they just to a run-of-the-mill-imagineering-fast-quick-and-cheapy theming it could be the absolute worst for the steps to better theming inside WDS (which begans with ToT)

By the way: The theater district placemaking is still in mind :shock:  :D  Do someone (Raptor, yes I use this brusque name) know when this could start? Maybe a little post inside the Theater-district-topic? [-o<
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

SophieD

this sounds good!! the half pipe rollercoaster does seem a bit scary though!!
i love the idea of scuttles scooters that sounds exciting!!
glad that it will be themed!!!

i am glad to here that Ratatouille ride is still on track for 2012!
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Remco K.

Ok, where to start... I understand your statement, Kristof. I understand they want to add capacity to the WDS. But are these rumoured rides really adding the needed capacity? Wouldn't it be cheaper to copy any of the existing 3D movies from the USA parks (Mickey's Philarmagic for example)?

As for the rides... I can live with two of them, but not the half-pipe. Anyway, this all explains the height tests done some time ago. At least, it now seems logical that it was all for the parachute tower. The parachute ride is still rumoured though.

I don't know... I guess I need to give it some time to get used to it. I'm trying not to bash anything I haven't seen completed, but it's very hard for me to see the rumoured additions work in our WDS.