Snow White's Adventures Queen effect

Started by dlrp-mad, August 05, 2008, 08:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrp-mad

Hi everyone!

I've just got back from a trip to dlrp a few weeks ago. We seemed to do the fantasyland rides a lot more this time and one thing has left me truly puzzled! On Snow White's Adventures, as you'll all know, there's a bit where the queen turns around and transforms into the old hag. Can anyone tell me how this is done? It's really puzzling me. I thought it was 2 models used, one behind the mirror and a two-sided one infront of it but I saw a video on youtube of the effect not working and the queen was turned around looking normal!

Any help much appreciated.
dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

Clarebelle

have you got a link to the video?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

dlrp-mad

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

DisneyObsessive

I suspect you are correct about how it works normally.  In the video it looks like the turning queen/witch has been taken away for repair/refurb and Queen placed in front of the mirrow.  I say this because, if you watch again, there is no reflection in the mirror at all.

Clarebelle

I agree,

is ours identical to the one in Florida then or are we just talking about that one>?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

dlrp-mad

Quote from: "Clarebelle"
is ours identical to the one in Florida then or are we just talking about that one>?

I thought that's the way it was done!

I was talking about the Paris one, but this video is of the original Disneyland one which is almost identical to the one in Paris. The one in Magic Kingdom, Florida is entirley different. I was really suprised. There's a really good opening scene with Snow White sat on some steps (the scene from the film infront of the well) and there's also the huntsman and an additional magic mirror effect. Don't why this one is different really.

Thanks for the help guys!

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

pussinboots

Quote from: "DisneyObsessive"I suspect you are correct about how it works normally.  In the video it looks like the turning queen/witch has been taken away for repair/refurb and Queen placed in front of the mirrow.  I say this because, if you watch again, there is no reflection in the mirror at all.

Ah, of course! Thanks. I thought I was going crazy for a minute.