Summer Attendance

Started by Malin, August 03, 2008, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

I'm opening up this thread to discuss attendance for this years always important Summer Season. For those who have already visited or are planning to visit over the next month please feel free to write down your experiences regarding crowd levels. Obviously a big factor to this conversation will be if the Studios scores big with new additions like Tower of Terror, Stitch Live and High School Musical.

loulou123

I visited late July and it was pretty busy, but not as bad as i had feared. At times Crushes Coaster was 120minute queues and Thunder Mountain was around an hour for most of the day. But Tower of terror was around 30-40 minutes, and things like Pirates were virtually walk on.

Nicholas-c

from what i have heard so far, its the same old story as every year, btm etc big queues and then pirates with small ones (However last year we saw it at about 60 mins O.o)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

burntsienna

I visited in July, and it was really busy. The busiest I've ever seen it, though I did think this might have been because of a great deal of school trips that I noticed there.
Big Thunder Mountain ran out of fastpasses within the first 10-20 mins of opening time.
The queues for Crush's Coaster were really quite length, as were the Studio Tram Tour and TOT.
My advice would be to get a fast pass as soon as possible for a ride you would really like to go on.  :)
Hope this helps.
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"from what i have heard so far, its the same old story as every year, btm etc big queues and then pirates with small ones (However last year we saw it at about 60 mins O.o)

That's due to the hourly capacity. PotC, PM and IASW are people eaters, moving 1000's an hour, compared to very small capacity of coasters. Yet another reason why I prefer the non coaster attractions.
since 2001 (many before that)