TRON: Legacy (2010)

Started by Anthony, July 31, 2008, 06:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Alright!  That's the very last time I go with my gut and forget to read here!

Today I went into town with my cousin and visited my local cex and after carefully looking through out tiny Blu Rays section where I spotted the 3D/Blu Ray/Digital copy of TRON: Legacy.  Now I was hoping to find the edition with the original TRON but something told me that that didn't make it out of the US, so like an idiot I bought the thing at £18.

Fast forward 30minutes, I walked into tesco and what did I find?  The TRON edition I wanted.  Cue me doing this in the DVD and Blu Ray section of Tesco.
[youtube:14qjgqjf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjd7L6txGLk[/youtube:14qjgqjf]
TRONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm going to have to trade my current copy back in and buy the one in tesco instead.  Damn my brain not thinking  :x  :P
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "mehdi5"We might be closer to Tron 3 than we thought!  :D
QuoteTron Dominates as Blu-ray Sets New Market Share Record

Blu-ray has set a new record for market share in any given week by accounting for a quarter of all packaged media sales according to Home Media Research. The top selling Blu- ray was Tron: Legacy which managed to garner a massive 68% of sales on the format outselling the DVD at a 2:1 ratio. The sales of the 3D version are rolled into the title, but no sales split has been given for 2D/3D.

Next up was last week's best selling title, Tangled, which managed 33% of sales on Blu-ray down from 41%. New entries Little Fockers, The Chronicle of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and Tron: The Original Classic close out the top five with 24%, 44% and 78% sold on Blu-ray respectively.

This week saw the release of Harry Potter and the Death Hallows which should score large market share for the Blu-ray version, and should see a large increase in sales from the previous movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6221

Surely this article is the percentage of DVD to BluRay sales for each title, not market share. Wouldn't rope too much into this as far as TR3N goes.

mehdi5

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"Surely this article is the percentage of DVD to BluRay sales for each title, not market share. Wouldn't rope too much into this as far as TR3N goes.
Sorry should've explained. I was actually more talking about how the visuals had effects on everything. Personally i do think the visuals of the movie had an effect on the sales percentages, in a way i personally could imagine Disney moving further with taking on such a visually-impressive project. Though it's a weird connect-the-dots thing i'm doing in my head :P

Pete's Dragon

Disney has just hired David DiGilio, whose only previous feature film credit was writing the Paul Walker dog movie Eight Below, to write the next chapter in the saga.

According to The Hollywood Reporter Disney still isn't 100% sold on another TRON movie and much rests on the shoulders of the upcoming Tron Uprising television show which will be on Disney XD in 2012. If that generates an audience, and DiGilo's script is solid, then they'll most likely gamble on a sequel to Legacy, which gross $400 million worldwide but cost so much, is only considered a minor success.

Fingers crossed

dagobert

Hopefully Disney will do another Tron movie. I've already ordered the Tron and Tron: Legacy BluRay and hopefully they arrive soon.

davewasbaloo

Good news. We plumped for a 3D tv and a PS3 last week (our old Tele died). Watching TRON in 3D at home was fantastic again!  4 times now, and I still love it!
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Today I got both Tron movies on BluRay. I've just watched the bonus feature "Flynn Lives". It's a fantastic extra and very well done. I really hope Disney will do a third movie.

davewasbaloo

well, a script writer was announced today, though not fully green lit yet.

Pete's Dragon

[youtube:12plcezz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHPRhJ4u0ss[/youtube:12plcezz]

davewasbaloo

Cool, I love that, thanks for sharing.