DLRP: Water Park Ideas

Started by murkai, June 21, 2007, 10:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murkai

If the team at DLRP were to make add a water park to their resort, [which I think would be essential in creating a more immense "resort" atmosphere and experience], what theme would you like it to be? I like the idea of a Lava Lagoon, with a volcano, but I don't know how great that would look on a dull grey day... Perhaps a similar version to the blizzard beach idea that is found in Florida? ANYWAYS, post your ideas for a water park here!  :) Thanks.

lil-shawn

hmm i think they have to make a pirates of the caribbean whater park,
or an atlantis whater park. i think this would be a nice idea

Whoknew?

A Lava lagoon sounds cool, but i think it would be too dark and frigthened, especially for the kids and wouldn't be used for the whole water park, maybe in Hawaii Water park with a vulcano with turbo slides etc.

The Blizzard Beach Park is my favourite, but a duplicate would just cause something like 'the american version is way better and bigger' or something when the open a smaller one than in florida...

A Pirates of the Caribbean Water Park would be quite nice, enough potential for small kids, adventureous areas for teens and relaxation for adults :D

Another possibility is a nemo inspired theme park with big coral reefs, but as decoration alfresco, got me?

bikemonkey

It would have to be indoors, or else only open for 2-3 months a year!  I think tropical type theming would be better - it doesn't remind you how cold it is outside!  Something like Typhoon Lagoon but the size would be restricted by its being indoors.

kermit

I think something similar to those Center Parcs "Aqua Mundos" but at least twice as big is exactly what we need. They´re indoors and can be operated the whole year.
"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas!"

Owain

I dont care what the water park is based on but i think it should have the function like Alton towers with an indoor and part out-door water park.

dlrpdudette

Quote from: "Owain"I dont care what the water park is based on but i think it should have the function like Alton towers with an indoor and part out-door water park.

If it's going to be like alton towers, it neeeeeds a blaster slide, that things a lot of fun :D  :D
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

Haz

Quote from: "dlrpdudette"
Quote from: "Owain"I dont care what the water park is based on but i think it should have the function like Alton towers with an indoor and part out-door water park.

If it's going to be like alton towers, it neeeeeds a blaster slide, that things a lot of fun :D  :D

I agree here, that water park is excellent, adding the Disney magic would also improve it and add to the DLRP experience.
All the Best,

Haz

Parkfisch

And the hotel pools would get less crowded in the afternoon.  :D

dlrpdudette

Quote from: "Parkfisch"And the hotel pools would get less crowded in the afternoon.  :D

That's true. Also means that people staying in the cheaper resorts or offsite can have access to a pool and won't have to shell out lots of cash to stay in a more expensive hotel with a pool. Thats a good £30 - £50 per adult difference
July 2001 - Disneyland Resort CA - Offsite ~ August 2004 - DLRP - Santa Fe ~ March 2006 - DLRP - Cheyenne ~ January 2007 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge ~ August 2007 - WDW and USF - Offsite ~ June 2008? - DLRP? - Santa Fe?

ljack

It really has to have a big indoor part. Paris has got the largest waterpark in Europe (Aquaboulevard) with some slides that end outdoors. Even about a week ago it was pretty cold in the evening (about 18°), so the slides were nearly unusable.
I've got to admit though that they have a really stupid design for the slide access. You have to go up a tower that is standing outside, even if the slide ends up inside. In the winter you nearly die in this tower. Of course it is heated, but since it was constructed as an open structure, you've got cold air coming in everywhere.
So maybe a waterpark with a removeable roof (like in Japan) could be an idea for DLRP?

MinnieMouse

It could only be a Indoor-Water-Park I think and that´s not so good as the outdoor Water Parks in Olando (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon). When both was build as indoor I think they wouldn´t be so nice.

In Paris they have not the sunny weather like in Orlando, so I think that is the reason why they don´t build a water park.  :?

But an Indoor Water Park with a Toon-Town Theming would be nice .....

Alexandra

Parkfisch

An indoor water park could get much better attractions  ( dark rides with effects ... ).  :roll:

disneyisthebest

Re:
Maybe even a hotel like ATR