Disney Store at the Metro Centre

Started by Alpop, July 20, 2008, 10:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Confirmation as last... :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/

Quote from: "Disney Store"MetroCentre Grand Opening 1st & 2nd November.

Join us in our Official Grand Opening!!!

Saturday 1st November>>

*Some very special guests will be opening the store [Mickey & Minnie]. Be here for 10am*
*Members of the High School Musical Pep Rally team will be here to keep you entertained*

Sunday 2nd November>>

*Disney Store 'Be A Star' - dress up like your favourite characters*

*Plus Canon will be in store to capture your magical moment, also they'll be giving away the studio photos for free  :D/  :D/  :D/

The Store is also donating 10% of Saturdays sales to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity

Alpop

I was just thinking about bumping this post last night to see if it was still happening.
Sounds good.

I'll be there.

Javey74

MetroCentre Grand Opening Weekend... :wink:  :D

Well I was there for the opening, and as you can see this was the view at 9.30am, even though it didn't start till 10am, though by 10am it was 7 rows deep.  So I didn't get the best of views>>

Up went the shutters to reveal the CMs and some of the Management.  Mickey and Mickey were still tucked away at this point>>

Then there was the host, whoever she was, didn't catch her name, but she does look familiar, then we had the HSM Wildcats and the HSM Cheerleaders parading in front of the store, none of which I could get decent shots of. However I did manage to get a shot of the CMs in their Disney lineup>>

Then came the shakey camera over the head shots, where possible of Mickey and Minnie... :roll:

The host is pictured here left of Minnie, anyone know her... :?:

Then came the time to look around the store itself, though rather slowly.  I would not want the job of the inshop security that day... :lol:  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Further down from the Disney Store they had a stage ready and prepared for some fun with the HSM rebels.  I managed a few shots of the stage, but I didn't hang about for the show which lasted 45 minutes which consisted of dancing and singing with audience participation, after which Mickey and Minnie had there photo opportunities with the public.  

I'm not a particular fan of HSM, so we decided to look around a few other shops while this was taking place, then on the way back I hoped to get a few shots on stage of the HSM Cheerleaders, but just as I walked up to the stage they were going off.. :roll:

But I did manage to watch the skills from a couple of Wild Cats, again if anyone knows who the woman is in the background, please let me know...  :mrgreen:

Not a bad opening on the whole.. :wink:  :mrgreen:

burntsienna

I don't know who the woman is but she sure looks jazzy and like shes having a good time :)

Great photographs, looks like the opening was really quite impressive :D
"I could be the Alice to your Wonderland"

Javey74

Awwwh thanks Laura.. :D

Actually Jen was very concerned when she actually saw Mickey and Minnie, she said, "but Dad, what about the people in DLRP right now, they will not get to meet Mickey and Minnie with them being here", after all it was the CM in the store on a previous visit that said that they were flying in from Paris...I said that most people go to DLRP for more than one day. She said "Yes, but what about daytrippers"....Eeeeee I don't know, Kids!  :lol:  :lol: :mrgreen:

burntsienna

Aww I'd have been extremely concerned too!
But it was done during one of their breaks I think, as they have special times to meet and greet in the park  :D

Javey74

Nice one Laura  =D>

I'll have to tell Jen, though she's fast asleep at present.. :wink:  :D

burntsienna

Its the true, plus around this time of year they work in conjunction with Santa to make more wishes come true. And we all know Disney magic can go along way, but when you add a sprinkle of Santa's Christmas magic, very special wishes come true. :)
This was someones wish being fulfilled.

Alpop

I stood off to the left hand side. Not realising that it was all gonna happen on the right hand door!!! I looked around for familiar faces, but as I don't know any off the board, I didn't see any.

The host said "come on Newcastle you can do better than that, I've heard your party people (or similar)"..... I'm sure Gateshead liked that.

peep

I thought that instead of creating a separate topic I'll post  pics from the new Bluewater (kent, owned by the same peeps as Metro Centre) store.

Its basically the same as the Metro centre one but bigger, defo wider. Did you have stuff in plastic balls moving round the room which hung from a conveyor belt on the ceiling?

Soz for lack of quality in the images, I took them on my phone.

Its also empty in some of the pics cause I had to wait several hours after the shops closed to see a film.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Javey74

Yes peep, I must admit the plastic balls on conveyor tracks were the first thing I noticed about the revamp at the Metro Centre Store.. :mrgreen:

They were full of Winnie The Pooh characters, though I was in last Friday and they have quite a few with Stitch in now.  :)

Thanks for posting the photos from the BlueWater Store, it does look to have a very wide front on that particular store, widest I've seen anyway... :shock:  :o  :mrgreen:

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the pictures Peep, they're very interesting. Bluewater is probably one of the closest Disney Stores to me, but I haven't seen the revamped version of it yet, perhaps I'll go and see it soon... :)