Fantillusion ??

Started by cinders, September 03, 2008, 11:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinders

I have just seen on the DLRP site that they are running the Fantillusion parade through the Christmas period...i was wondering if this was a new thing for christmas because i dont remember seeing it last christmas time !  :?:

2004  Decemeber Hotel  Santa Fe
2005  October Hotel  Cheyenne
2007 Decemeber  Hotel Santa Fe
2008 Decemeber Hotel Cheyenne
2009 July Hotel Santa Fe
2009 Novemeber Sequoia Lodge
Abigail`s 7th birthday suprise 21st March 2010
2010 9th Decemeber Santa Fe can`t wait!

never2old

No, it's not new... Not sure if they've always done it, but I'm sure we saw it last November when we went for Christmas.

What I don't know if it's on every day or only weekends - it was a Sunday when we saw it...

ICHAPMAN

Fanta has been rolled out for each Christmas Season for the last couple of years (based on my visits which have been since November 2004).

Last year they changed the scheduling of Fanta so that it was only playing at weekends during November, and then I believe everyday from December 1st thru to the end of the season.

This year....well it's still being advertised as part of the Christmas Season, but as yet no scheduling information for the season has been released (that I've found), so who know what will happen this year.

cinders

hmmmm thats odd LOL i was there dec12 13 14 and didnt see it  :roll: maybe it was just on the weekends then LOL

2009 July Hotel Santa Fe

nathalie

No, it was there during weekdays, we were there December 10th (Monday) and saw it.

cinders

HMMMMM wonder why i missed it then :| what time did they do it ?

2009 July Hotel Santa Fe

nathalie

I believe it was between 7.30pm - 8pm.

Malin

I'm going to be at the Resort for a Weekend break at the end of November and I'm hoping that the Fantaillusion Parade will be running, as I have never had a chance to catch this yet. The official Christmas website list it as running but has failed to give out any dates, although dates are listed for Minnie's Jolly Holidays, which will be every Saturday and Sunday in Dec and everyday from 20th of Dec to the 6th of Jan 09. I have E-mailed the Resort to try and find out more info but have yet to recieve a reply as I type this!

If I do find out more I will share...

davewasbaloo

Really Malin, I am surprised. I welcome your views. I will just say I prefer MSEP and even Spectrotragic much  much, MUCH more.
since 2001 (many before that)

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Really Malin, I am surprised. I welcome your views. I will just say I prefer MSEP and even Spectrotragic much  much, MUCH more.

Absolutely..........Spectromagic to me was superb........it would always get my vote, and who knows, something like it may grace Main Street again [-o<  =D>

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David

davewasbaloo

To me, nothing will beat MSEP, but I have yet to see Dreamlights in Tokyo.

dagobert

I have never seen the MSEP, but I have seen Spectromagic in January. I didn't like it. I didn't like any of the WDW parades. DLRP's parades are much better, but that is just my opinion.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"I have never seen the MSEP, but I have seen Spectromagic in January. I didn't like it. I didn't like any of the WDW parades. DLRP's parades are much better, but that is just my opinion.

I agree DLP has better parades than WDW in the main, but I only like 2 floats in the whole of Fantillusion and only when transformed (Maleficent and Jafar), to enjoy them you need to be in the right spot. Also the show stops are sooooooo dull except for those 2 floats.  The music is also ok, but nowhere near as good as the Baroque Hoedown of MSEP IMHO.

I so wish we still had MSEP.

Malin

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Really Malin, I am surprised. I welcome your views. I will just say I prefer MSEP and even Spectrotragic much  much, MUCH more.

Yeah its quite suprising, but I do my best when possible to avoid peak seasons like Summer, however sometimes it can result in missing some of the more unique entertainment offerings like Fantaillusion Parade. This really isn't a problem at the other Disney parks as night time entertainment is offered all year round, but in Paris it can be a problem.

Regarding other night time parades Spectromagic is a favourite for sure and the Electrical Parade is just a classic, although both look weak in comparrison when put up against Dreamlights, which is simply the best light parade Disney has ever produced for a park. It has all the great elements you love from MSEP but on a much larger scale.

I think with Fantaillusion we need to accept the current version is very differnt from when it originally debut at Tokyo Disneyland.  

QuoteI agree DLP has better parades than WDW in the main, but I only like 2 floats in the whole of Fantillusion and only when transformed (Maleficent and Jafar), to enjoy them you need to be in the right spot.

I can only rate one parade at DLRP, and that is Disney's Once Upon a Parade which is much better than any of the daytime parades found in WDW or HKDL. However I was not a fan of the Cinema Parade and was very happy to see back of it. Fantaillusion I can't comment on, but I do have a problem with this parade depending so much on show modes like it does. It does mean that most of the audience who have no idea where to stand will miss out on some of the better segmats to this parade. Reason why Disney's Once Upon a Parade works so well, all the show scenes work as the parade is moving though the park and the show mode here is so the performers can interact more with the guest.