Sweet & Sour

Started by roaldbergmann, July 25, 2008, 08:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roaldbergmann

Hi.

My name is Roald, and I'm a journalist from Denmark (writing for the unofficial Disney-site www.disneyonline.dk). I've been reading your posts inhere for a long time. But the bad thing is, that i've never been to DLRP. When the place opened in 1992 i BEGGED my mum to take me there (I was 10 years old, and had a huge collection of Donald Duck magazines and importet Disney Classics movies - i only wanted them in the original langues back in the good-old VHS days). But she never could afford it. And now, 16 years later, my wife finally greenlightet the trip ;-). Can you imagine how excited I was? I had read EVERYTHING about the place for more than a decade, and I knew the location of every restaurant, show and attraction. I knew all the hidden things, the opening hours, the character-greeting-places and times and so on and so on. We we're going to stay there for 5 days in Cheyenne.

We brought our 1 year old son, Nemo, along (to justifie the trip for our friends who thinks we are giant FREAKS!). And let me explain the title of this post. The sweet: the trip was amazing. Everything was far better than I could ever imagine. Every ride was awesome (except Honey I shrunk...), and everywhere you look, there i beauty. And even the studios was far more amusing and well-themed than I thought. And the 3. day i was the VERY FIRST person in Disneyland Park. I had a CM to take a picture of me on a completely empty Main Street. I took TONS of gourgies pictures. I got hugs from more 12 characters. All in all: the perfect trip, and the Disney-excperience of my life. The sour: My camera got stolen, I forgot my cell-phone in the hotel lobbe and my laptop got destroyed. The Lost & Found never recieved my cam and the hotel hasn't replyed my faxes yet.

But there's an excuse to come back again soon... :-) Everytime I took a great picture, I thought by myself: Finally I also get to post some cool pictures on magicforum. But no... not this time around. I'll just have to run and push for it the next time again to get the same shots!

P.S. sorry if you read this post in the hopes of seeing some pictures in the end... :-(

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "roaldbergmann"The sour: My camera got stolen, I forgot my cell-phone in the hotel lobbe and my laptop got destroyed. The Lost & Found never recieved my cam and the hotel hasn't replyed my faxes yet.

What a shame your dream trip was blighted by some rotten luck :(  On the bright side at least you have the memories :)

Oh............and welcome to this magical gathering :D  :wink:

Epcot_Boy :mickey2:

David

Pete's Dragon

real shame about losing your camera. I lost mine when I was a kid in the Epcot Centre. But luckily it was a useless camera, and someone handed it in rather than keeping it.

The Butlin Boy

I'm sorry about what happened to your camera and laptop, but I'm glad you had a fantastic overall trip. And as you said, now you have an excuse to go back :wink:  :)

Aveen2008

Hi there!  :D

I am really glad you finally got to go! I think it's so exciting when you have waited all your life to go and finally get there!:) I am so sorry to hear about your camera, phone and laptop, that was definately not a sweet moment! :cry:

I have say is your Son really Called Nemo?? That's so brilliant! Did you name him after the Film or is it a common name in Denmark of something?? :wink:

Hope it's not long before you get to return!

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

MizzRabbit

Great that you finally got to go! And nice to see a fellow dane in the forum. As far as I know I was the only one up to now.

And Aveen, no, Nemo is definitely not a common name in Denmark... But a very cool one nevertheless!

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]