trip 9-16 July plus video

Started by seanmartina, July 18, 2008, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanmartina

Just a small report, and photos to follow, we had a great time, and the parks were close to bursting, i think most of Spain was in the park,  Studios is thriving and a big difference on a near empty park in 2006, more food places are needed in the studios....

We stayed in the Dream Castle, what a really great hotel, nice rooms great service..

We visited all the attractions, and did the nightly space montain run, from 10.20 until 11.00 were no lines exist, and you can get on at least 5 times in a row... brilliant, a quick go on buzz, most attractions had the at least a 20min wait, tower of terror fantastic,, crush 75 min but worth it... rock n roll  still in darkness what a shame... but still a rush on blast off.. goofy in his bellhop uniform looked great... Stitch live what a great supprise, loved it....

Mary poppins and sleeping beauty happenings very nice addition
nice.

We ate in inventions i must admit its the best buffet in the resort, very good quality food, well worth the extra cost, the disney hotel is really nice. Characters came round no children rushing , really civilised

We also ate in lucky nugget food was not so nice, pizza was rotten, fries were dried, pasta was over cooked, but nice place and characters were brilliant.

On our last night we ate in walts, this was my best meal of the week, what a pleasure to eat there, service fantastic, food was wonderful, children loved the home made burgers and ribs... would recommend everyone to eat here,

we had a really great time, parks were really packed, but with some planning, and booking of restraunts, and fast passes, and late night runs, you can beat the crowds and have a fantastic time.

A few things happened when we were there, Thur night the fireworks was cancelled,  while on the railroad train, it was stopped half way, and people were asked to get off at the next stop, the driver got off and searched the carraiges untill he found them, i think they stepped out of the carriage while it was moving, stupid.. fri night fireworks misfired, and studio one got a new face, with the wrap around the scafolding, really made it look as if the scafolding was removed and studio one was back to full glory.

Also got a run down main street on the fire engine...

Bastille night, was quiter than i expected, but what wonderful fireworks, i have a link to HD video of the fireworks in the the bastille day thread

//http://www.vimeo.com/1355000

and Enchanted fireworks HD video

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4995

here is Fantillusion in HD hope you like it

//http://www.vimeo.com/1363306

Hope to have photos soon

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for the trip report, I'm looking forward to the photos to come :)

Javey74

Thanks for the Trip Report seanmartina, nice videos aswell.  Looking forward to the photos next.. :D/  :D/

seanmartina

anoother new video

Once upon a dream

http://www.vimeo.com/1371617

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Thanks for sharing :wink:

Epcot_Boy :ears:

David