Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Ha - I just noticed that too Maarten. I just hope we have OUR OWN commercials!

The decoration theme seems to match that planned of the American parks too (party banners and bright colours). Such an interesting idea to be able to visit on your birthday for free. It's not much of an offer as you will bring loads of people along with you, but a great tactic!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"The decoration theme seems to match that planned of the American parks too (party banners and bright colours). Such an interesting idea to be able to visit on your birthday for free. It's not much of an offer as you will bring loads of people along with you, but a great tactic!
Which leads me to ask... I guess DLRP won't be running this promotion, even though it'd make a lot of sense?

The Butlin Boy

One of the lamps that will decorate Main Street next year has been spotted backstage:

[spoiler:k4rd532n][/spoiler:k4rd532n]
Source: Retloween on DCP

Owain

Oh i like it  :D
I was expectiing cheapy, but it looks great.
Very colourful  :wink:

Patrick

Can you say cheap and tacky looking :shock: , goodbye classy 15th, in comes a year of annoying rainbow colours, though suppose it could have been worse. :? .

Barnsey313

Couldn't agree more it isn't too bad but is nothing compared to the Lumiere 15th signs - they are stunning. I would have thought Mickey's 80th would have been a tad more nostalgic....?

RnRCj

*Sigh*

Are we ever going to see Main Street USA how it should be again? :roll:

The lamp itself looks okay, though a little tacky. I'm not sure how well it will fit with Main Street. I can't imagine bright rainbow colours looking good. :?

It would loook better without all the ribbons I think.

Anthony

Good lord. :shock:

That is too hideous for words. Please tell me it's not finished... Everything about that is wrong. EVERYTHING.

The red theme of the logo, etc. is so much nicer. I think it's about time we got the advertising guys to do the actual entertainment and decorations as well.

Kristof

Wait 'til you see the Main Street Station and Castle decorations!  :roll:

Captain Pan

I will say that except for the random mess around the pole... I like the concept...

If the Streamers were Tidier I think they'd be better... Not so random they look like a Pinata has thrown up on it.

Organization and Thought could make it look tidier (Instead of a rainbow thrown up upon it why not just 2 colours 'Swirling'... If someone doesn't get my idea... I'll create a concept sketch with maybe a few more 'surprises' and thoughts... Or perhaps I'll just do it and post it in the Sorcerers Workshop) although not what many here would want... But Then I cannot see the return of "Classic Main Street" for the foreseeable future

Maarten

Quote from: "Anthony"That is too hideous for words. Please tell me it's not finished... Everything about that is wrong. EVERYTHING.
Quote from: "Kristof"Wait 'til you see the Main Street Station and Castle decorations!  :roll:

Ouch, thats even uglier then I expected. Isn't there anyone who has a sense of style and taste overthere in Marne-la-Vallee and who could have prevented this from happening?! If you would like to excuse me, I feel sick... :|

Kristof

QuoteI would have thought Mickey's 80th would have been a tad more nostalgic....

Again, they're not celebrating Mickey's birthday.  He's just throwing a party.  :wink:

Quotewho could have prevented this from happening

This is another creation by wanna-be Imagineers.  DLRP Entertainment should stick to what they do best: shows, parades, characters, ENTERTAINMENT.  Leave decorations to people who are trained and experienced to do so: Imagineers.  Take a look at Belle's Christmas Village (designed by EDLI) and compare it to most of the Halloween decorations... (Remember the Pink Witches decorations last year??)
And those beautiful Fab 5-shaped pumpkins at Disney Village, those are sculpted on property by the department at DLRP that designs and custom builds all the Disney figures for the shop windows.  The difference in quality is HUGE.

littlemermaid83

It looks....erm.....not quite what I was expecting. :lol:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Kris

Whatever happened to subtlety? Even the same design but a more careful consideration for the colour scheme would've been an improvement. Those dark reds looked quite classy and would've been fine for Main Street... not all these garish colours right through the core of the park :(
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Nala_84

I'd also have aspected a more classy, retro-looking decoration style for that. Maybe I won't miss anything when I'm not able to go to DLRP in 2009?! ;)
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]