Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

From the below angle photo, it looks better. Or if they just moved it up to completely cover the window, that'd be an improvement. The design is so cheap and bland though. Can't say a fan. Would've been so easy to make the same thing look more special.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kris

Oh jesus, it gets worse. That projection screen for the press night...

Posted by Mr.Freddy @ Disney Central Plaza

HOWEVER...

Notice the new elaborate lighting rigs around the stage now. There's lamps with moving heads in several locations. While I'd love the show to look this professional most nights, PLEASE DON'T LET THESE POLES STAY!

djdisney

Oh Dear :(

Be interesting to see the press launch though :P  :mickey2:  :mickey2:  :mickey2:

Anthony

:shock:

Is that not something photoshopped in?  The decoration itself looks like that too though, it's so out of place.

Forget all the photos in the WDS article on DLRP Today, *this* is the ugliest photo ever taken at DLRP.

davewasbaloo

It never used to be, but is DLP now turning into a cultural chernoble?
since 2001 (many before that)

Kris

I sadly believe it to be true :S

Willow

Those lighting rigs look temporary. One of them looks like its in the middle of Main Street. (The stage needs some more permanent ones though!)

The projection screen looks out of place, someone must have thought it was a good idea but it looks a bit boring. Will be better once there is somehting being projected on it.

Looks like a nice day in Paris for weather.

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It never used to be, but is DLP now turning into a cultural chernoble?
"For one year only!"

Only 346 days to go! :wink:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It never used to be, but is DLP now turning into a cultural chernoble?
"For one year only!"

Only 346 days to go! :wink:

Until they extend it again  :-"

Also, we have the horrid Toy Story Playland as well.

More toons inappropriate to the park
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

Well I've just been looking over the past few pages of posts and I have to agree that they don't look clever at all. That's putting it politely.  :o

Most of these decorations you might just get away with in Toon Studio, since to me most of these decorations, especially the Castle and even the Emporium are too cartoony looking for the elaborate structures they have been bolted to..  :roll:

There's always the chance of us all shouting loudly and maybe, just maybe, DLRP Management might just be looking on this very Forum and heed our dislikes..  :roll:  :roll:

If only..... :roll:

Even centering the Castle decoration would be a start, even though small, then deciding whether it should fully cover the oval window or not, but not have it partially covered..  :roll:

djdisney

And Counting ;)

Tbh i doubt those lighting rigs will stay

Do you think the Press Launch for MMP will match up to the one for the 15th Anniversary?

Kristof

Quote from: "djdisney"Do you think the Press Launch for MMP will match up to the one for the 15th Anniversary?

Definitely not.  Don't expect much fireworks.

Regarding the Mickey thing:

It lights up...

Photo by DLRPtimes

Magicalmouse125

Oh Noooooo
Dlrp how can you do this to us!

The screen, what were they thinking, however that's a permenant structure that i can live with. the castle decor is just about Okay.

But the lights are cool, shame that there definatley permenatn beacuse they look awesome.  

HOWEVER, i would like to point out that MMP is there for children and most children will like waht they see here. they'll like seeing their favourite disney characters springing from a mickey mouse head on the castle, they like stitch so they'll enjoy Dance time and i bet they'll love the celebration.

But still for you adults , you must Hate it. I don't particularly like it.
[size=150]Long Live MagicForum![/size]

Love From Magical Mouse 125

Kristof

QuoteThe screen, what were they thinking, however that's a permenant structure that i can live with. the castle decor is just about Okay.

That screen is obviously for the press event only.  It will be taken down after this weekend.

djdisney

Yeah MMP is for little kids to party with their favourite disney characters, whereas for us older ones its different.