Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Maarten"Exactly, and remember that the 20th Anniversary in 2012.  Well, in the end, I think an important factor for the 20th Anniversary to succeed is to build an d/e-ticket once again and promote it heavily.

Or a Third Gate even, if Disney don't want to fall into the bad books with the French Government as its a contractual obligation. But I'm starting to agree now... They need to start making the plans for the 20th if they want it to succeed beyond what we've seen happen for the 15th...

Kristof

QuoteOr a Third Gate even, if Disney don't want to fall into the bad books with the French Government as its a contractual obligation. But I'm starting to agree now... They need to start making the plans for the 20th if they want it to succeed beyond what we've seen happen for the 15th...

Plans for the coming next 5 years are already written down!

Captain Pan

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteOr a Third Gate even, if Disney don't want to fall into the bad books with the French Government as its a contractual obligation. But I'm starting to agree now... They need to start making the plans for the 20th if they want it to succeed beyond what we've seen happen for the 15th...

And your keeping your cards close to your chest I'm guessing fine Sir? Or hasn't your source been tortured for the answers quite yet?

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"

Raptor, are you allowed to tell us anything? Since your sources are very reliable, it would be quite interesting if you could give us some clues at least. Especially since there has been such a buzz about people who have spotted Imagineers (San Fransisco streetset anyone?) or the baloons behind the Art of Disney Animation building.

davewasbaloo

Interesting to be sure. I thought the Castle was supposed to have a repaint this year, but now it's not, and it doesn't sound like we will get one for next year either.

Oh dear. And my word, Toon Circus?  That aweful song is haunting me. Shame we can't have a year without a toon based celebration.

Any European Disney fans go for the theming anymore?
since 2001 (many before that)

Malin

I don't have a problem with them staging a new event, you need to have something thats going to keep guest coming back. The 15th Anniversary has been a huge suscess, and DLRP need to keep the momentum going next year. I had no plans to return next year to the park, but after hearing about Mickey's Magical Party I may change my mind.

Hopely next year will see the end of the 15th Anniversary merchadise and a new line up, I would certainly love to see a new selection of Mickey's Magical Party items. I also hope the characters will be kitted out in new costumes but one can hope.

WaltDisneyFanBoy

I like it that they will keep using Disney Characters' Express. I like that little parade

AmericanMouse

Will there be a new parade, akin to say the Parade of Dreams at Disneyland?

Anthony

No, Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will be with us for a long while yet!

It's kind of Paris' version of that parade anyway, only much, much better. "IMHO"... 8)

AmericanMouse

But what about Halloween and Christmas 2009?  Would there be different parades?

Riebi

Normaly they have changes at halloween and christmas for the parades.
For example the Once upon a dream parade had last year a plus with the dream of christmas:
//http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/seasons/christmas/2007/dreamsofchristmas/
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

AmericanMouse

Well I knew that. Maybe it's time to bring back the DLP Christmas Parade in November of '09 as a seasonal attraction and maybe create a new Halloween parade for that same year as well.

Anthony

Quote from: "AmericanMouse"Well I knew that. Maybe it's time to bring back the DLP Christmas Parade in November of '09 as a seasonal attraction and maybe create a new Halloween parade for that same year as well.
Only if DLRP have remembered to buy their Euromillions lottery ticket. :wink:

I can't see DLRP ever creating a parade just for Halloween and Christmas, unless one of the other resorts (maybe Hong Kong or Tokyo) want to sell some of their floats.

Back to Mickey's Magical Party. At least we can easily call it MMP, eh?

AmericanMouse

Anaheim (except for 2005) has had a Christmas parade every year.  Maybe a layover redesign for Christmas and renaming it "Disney's Christmas Dreams Parade"?  I do believe in 2010 that "Parade of Dreams" will move to Orlando, so maybe there will be floats available from the Magic Kingdom...all of them older than DLRP!

As for Halloween, how about a layover for that and calling it "Disney's Villains Once Upon A Nightmare Parade"?  Get Messr. Sirli to do a new theme, get the villains in place, you know...put the villains float in the front, you know, seeing Cruella De Vil and her henchies on the carousel...

Riebi

Hm wasn´t there something like that last year? For halloween? With stitch and lilo and the witches and the pumkin men?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...