Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony2k6

Quote from: "-breeno-"Hope this isn't going to be the new look of Stitch or something, nearly every bit of detail from him is gone.

I think DLRP will be on their own on this one if it is. Their merchandise sales will take quite a hit from it as well I'd imagine.

Kristof

QuoteHope this isn't going to be the new look of Stitch or something, nearly every bit of detail from him is gone.

Of course not!  :)   It's the style of that visual, even if it's not really good looking...

Tokyo Disney Resort used the same characters (except Stitch) on their website up until last year or so.

Anthony

Quote from: "Elaine"I wonder will there be EMH or something similar during Mickeys Magical Party year?
The press release mentions Mickeys Magic Hours, but then goes on to describe, in the same paragraph, 4 events that would seem to take place during the parks normal opening hours. Are Mickeys Magic Hours just the normal park opening hours?
EMH are scheduled for the whole of April, but they haven't added any for May or June yet, which is strange considering they're usually 6 months in advance. But it'd be equally strange for them to run for the first month of the new event and then stop...

As far as I know, Mickey's Magical Hours is actually some kind of daytime event within the park... at Central Plaza perhaps?  It must be the most ambiguous, generic event they've ever announced. It could literally be anything. And if I am right in remembering it's different to EMH, then that's a bloody confusing name to choose. If even a fan can't work out the difference...  :lol:

Kristof

Mickey's Magic Hours is the name for all celebrations in the parks: It's Party Time with Mickey and Friends, It's Dance Time in Discoveryland, Minnie's Party Train and Stars 'n' Cars Event.

Nala_84

I was so shocked when I received the brochure today - Stitch looks sooo scary and ugly on the cover :mrgreen: I really asked myself if Disney meant that honestly and would have created a new Stitch, Donald and Goofy character - brrrr  :lol:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Here's the list I've posted in the first topic yesterday with all the novelties during Mickey's Magical Party:

DISNEYLAND PARK

» New Central Plaza Stage
» It's Party Time with Mickey and Friends: a daily show on the new Central Plaza Stage featuring characters, dancers and puppeteers.
» Minnie's Party Train: repainted Disney's Characters Express.
» It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland: A "learn to dance" show starring Stitch near Star Traders.
» Banner on Main Street Station.
» Mickey Mouse themed decorations on Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant.
» 15th Anniversary banners removed and replaced by Mickey Mouse shaped streamers.

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK

» Playhouse Disney Live on Stage
» Disney Stars and Cars Event: a cavalcade with stops for a meet 'n' greet opportunity.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"» Mickey Mouse themed decorations on Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant.
» 15th Anniversary banners removed and replaced by Mickey Mouse shaped streamers.

This'll be interesting... :-k  :roll:

cap'njack

I seem to have missed something here!

What doess the visit free on your birthday offer include?

never2old

Quote from: "cap'njack"I seem to have missed something here!

What doess the visit free on your birthday offer include?

I missed something too!! You can have a free visit on your birthday??

ford prefect

As far as I know the free birthday thing only applies to Walt Disney World
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Owain

Quote from: "ford prefect"As far as I know the free birthday thing only applies to Walt Disney World

Yeah, that promotion only applys to Disney American Parks  :idea:

never2old

Shame  :( ... would have been another excuse to go to DLRP...  :)

cap'njack

Shame. Oh well, it would only have helped me if it was free accomodation as I've got an Annual Pass anyway.

Kuzco

I'm guessing that when we are visiting the Resort (22 until 25 March) there maybe already will be some new decorations in place for Mickey's Magical party?
No touchy!

Anthony

Strangely, the giant lamps/banners have been taken down on the first half of Main Street...

Source