Mickey's Magical Party (until 7th March 2010)

Started by Kristof, July 17, 2008, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Anthony"This is an interesting WDW rumour:

Quote-As far as entertainment offerings, the Magic Kingdom will be adding a Stitch Dance Party in Tomorrowland, repackaging the Disney Dreams Come True Parade yet again, and introducing a once-daily Magic Kingdom Street Party on Main Street U.S.A.
Related?

Here are some new details on that:

Quote from: "WDWMagic"22 November 2008: Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration coming in April 2009

According to a Disney audition notice, the new Stitch show set to open in April 2009 in Tomorrowland is to be called 'Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration'.

"Disney Auditions is seeking male vocalists and comedic actors for a brand new show in the Magic Kingdom® Park at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL opening in April, 2009! Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration will incorporate cutting edge technology, comedic improvisation, and dynamic choreography all set to energetic, stylized music that will make this party out of this world!"

I wonder if they are related at all? :-k

:arrow: http://www.wdwmagic.com/magic.htm

Kristof

It doesn't sound the same.  In our show guests will be teached a dance to "popular" music like Tectonic and such using coloured mats on the floor.  It'll go like: put your right foot on blue and your left on yellow... :roll:

Anthony

Yes, sounds like 2009 will be the year of Twisterland Resort Paris.

I'd have preferred a Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger School or something rather than Stitch, who has no related to Discoveryland whatsoever.  Are they still planning to create a HSM-style stage with mixing decks, do you know? :|

Magic M

Not sure if this has been mentioned but the new Disney 2009-2010 e-Broucure is available for download on the main resort website.

Interesting little tit-bits:

PAGE TEN
"Its Dance-Time... In Discoveryland" definately sounds like "Dancing Stage" or "Dance Dance Revolution" affair with DJ Stitch.  The image on page ten also features a red retro spaceship (submarine?).

PAGE 16
Playhouse Disney is mis-spelt PAYhouse Disney - maybe they are over-budget?

anthony2k6

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I hope this too.

Will be a lot lighter on my pockets.  I won't need to go as often then till the 20th Anniversary.

which is exactly why they will need a new theme! you arent the only one who'll be thinking "I won't need to go as often" - which is exactly what they dont want people thinking!

The Butlin Boy

Are you read for this...

Source: mouetto on DCP

:arrow: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 12-220.htm

Anthony

Well, I LOVE these posters*, they're really surprisingly good. And it's brilliant to see them advertising it so soon. Well, it's not that soon, but it's a very positive step.

The difference between the quality of these posters/visuals/logos and the ones created for things like "It's Dance Time" and "It's Party Time" (horrific names!) is just bizarre. It's like the generic MMP ones were designed in Burbank and the individual show ones were designed in my local primary school. I'd have actually preferred no logos, they're so embarrassing.

*Except for Stitch, who for some reason looks like a knock-off cuddly toy you'd find in the grabbers on Blackpool pier.

Mickey has very long arms (and large hands) for a mouse, doesn't he?

Willow

Goofy and Donald look a bit different as well, Donald more than Goofy as well as the wierd looking Stitch.

Could they possibly be new costumes/heads?

Captain Pan

Quote from: "Anthony"Well, I LOVE these posters*, they're really surprisingly good. And it's brilliant to see them advertising it so soon. Well, it's not that soon, but it's a very positive step.

The difference between the quality of these posters/visuals/logos and the ones created for things like "It's Dance Time" and "It's Party Time" (horrific names!) is just bizarre. It's like the generic MMP ones were designed in Burbank and the individual show ones were designed in my local primary school. I'd have actually preferred no logos, they're so embarrassing.

*Except for Stitch, who for some reason looks like a knock-off cuddly toy you'd find in the grabbers on Blackpool pier.

Mickey has very long arms (and large hands) for a mouse, doesn't he?

I would definately agree with the comment about Stitch Ant, he looks like some sort of Mutated Koala...that as you say is from a cheep amusement arcade! Not the Cuddly toy in a DisneyStore!

Yet I dare say the pupils I've worked with in my schools could create better "It's party time" etc.. banners than your local school has! They are horrific!

These posters spell invitation, and remind me very much of the ones used for the 15th Anniversary, just without Ribbons and Bows and a Horrible Looking Stitch!

Elaine

I wonder will there be EMH or something similar during Mickeys Magical Party year?
The press release mentions Mickeys Magic Hours, but then goes on to describe, in the same paragraph, 4 events that would seem to take place during the parks normal opening hours. Are Mickeys Magic Hours just the normal park opening hours?

Kristof

The characters are designed to look like a combination between real character and a 3D character.

Kuzco

Maybe to match a bit with the puppets of Playhouse Disney?
No touchy!

anthony2k6

Quote from: "Kristof"The characters are designed to look like a combination between real character and a 3D character.

okay... but still doesnt explain why stitch is completely unrecognisable from the neck up. Not a single thing is correct with his head, the shape, the colour, the features, all as wrong as they could be!

SophieD

i love the posters also but that really doesn't look at all like Stitch maybe its another experiment that the park are going to introduce, as there are plenty of Angel merchandise around the boutiques!!

Looks like I'm going to miss this year out :( my heart says yes but the bank says no :(
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

-breeno-

Like most people i like the poster but not the Stitch in it, looks like one of the computer animated characters in that Playhouse Disney show that don't look that good.  Hope this isn't going to be the new look of Stitch or something, nearly every bit of detail from him is gone.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!