California 06

Started by Jon, June 02, 2006, 08:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

hi, thought while i had the time i would quickly write a trip report of my time in california so far!!!
30th May
I wont go into to much detail about the flight it wasnt interesting and lets face it who cares, it was a flight!
I landed into LAX at about 3p.m. PST where my brother who went out a couple of days before me picked me up and took me to the holiday inn in anaheim (which is only a 5 min walk from DLR). After i had unpacked my stuff we walked down to the park and sorted out my annual pass, because i lost my one from last year so i had to pay $20 to get it replaced. after I got that sorted we went straight into the magic kingdom and headed for tomorrowland and picked up a fast pass for space mountian, but as the queue wasnt that bad we decided to wait in line for it as well. the queue was about 20 mins and then we got on the ride, it had some good elements to it like the effects going up hill and the brake run, other than that the theming was very simple and basic, but still a fun ride to go on. when we came off we headed to adventureland and went on the jungle cruise, the queue was very short only about 5 mins. the comentator was quite quiet on the mic and at some points i had trouble understanding what he was saying but it was still good! we came off and got indy fast passes and again got in the stand by queue. i had been quite looking forward to going back on this because last time we came the doors at the start of the ride wernt working (sorry if you dont know what i mean, but i will try and explain. When the ride starts there are 3 different doors that the car can go through and each door has a different fate and different lighting, scenes on walls and speech depending on which door you go through. i believe the doors work on a counterweight system and every time a car goes through a door the ride computer moves a different door over the track, however i had been told that that illusion is prone to breakdowns so doesnt always work properly) so i was very happy to see it working!! After coming off we walked down to the haunted mansion and saw the new attic scene working which was absoloutly brilliant, i hope we get it in paris. Next we went did single rider on splash mountain because the stand by queue was 60 mins long and after that went back and used our fast passes on indy. After we came out we went to find a spot for Remember Dreams come True. the display was incredible, but behind is was a child who screamed all the way through which got annoying after a while. After the parade finished we quickly ran to buzz although i can remember what score i got now, but i know i have done better, then did the space mountain fast pass, and after that we went back to the hotel.

ill do the rest asap and i have some photos to put up as well but im knackered so im gonna go have a shower and go to bed now!
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Dlrpfan

Cool report so far Jon! Makes me want to get there quicker and quicker!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Jon

ok ill carry on now and see how far i get but i have an early start.
31st
we got to the park at about 10:30ish and went into DCA so naturally the first thing i went on was the TOT, which was as good as ever and made me look forward to the day i can go on it at WDS. then we went over to mike and sully to the rescue, some of the scenes in there were fantastic i especially liked the room where mike and sully are chasing boo on the doors, the doors were just all over the place and there was so much to see!!! when we came out we picked up some soarin' fast passes then went over to its a bugs land and went on its tough to be a bug. Last time we came here we sat nearer the front so had to strech around to see some of the things happen around the audatorium but this time we sat at the back and saw everything happen in front of us and it seamed alot better and enjoyable. we then walked over to the art of disney animation and went into turtle talk with crush, it was hilarious. we went into a small theatre and sat down infront of a screen that looked like the sea bed and a man came around and introduced crush. he then walked around with a mic and people asked crush questions and crush went on about all sorts of things. the show was about 20-30 mins long then crush swam off and we left and went back on the TOT again.
We then met up with my brothers friends who is a cast member who took us to Company D (cast member shop) and out to lunch. we then went back to the park and into the magic kingdom and just wondered around and queued up for roger rabbit's car toon spin. after we wondered around again the waited for remember dreams come true, which was cancelled due to wind, now when i say wind i mean light breeze but the fireworks are low firing and launch from all over the place so i wasnt that upset that it was cancelled. we then went on buzz where i got something like 220,670. after that we went back to the hotel.
If we don\'t have the key, we can\'t open whatever it is we don\'t have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don\'t have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?

Jon

Quote from: "Dlrpfan"Cool report so far Jon! Makes me want to get there quicker and quicker!
thanks! maks me want to leave less and less!

Anthony

Thanks for the reports so far!  It's my dream to get to Disneyland Resort one day...

Is there still more to come? :)

Jon

yeah there are still a couple of days to go, but i havnt had time to write them up!

Jon

ok then ive finally found the time to finish this trip report off so here it goes!
1st June
we got up quite early and went to San Diego Zoo, which was great. I got to see koalas, pandas and polar bears so i loved it. we stayed there untill about 5:40 then when back to anaheim and went to Disneyland to watch Remember Dreams Come True, which as always was great! Afterwards we went back to the hotel, had a pizza, then went to bed.

Jon

2nd June
we got into the park early this morning and waited down main street for the rope drop. its a little different to the paris rope drop (from what i remember anyway, i havnt done a paris rope drop an ages!! (im too lazy)) they rope the top of main street off instead of having each land entrance roped off, then have have a voice over saying welcome to DL then finished with the wonderful world of disney parade chorus. We went over to space mountain, picked up a fast pass then went on space mountain, after we went over to Big Thunder Mountain and went on that, the queue was very short, only 10 mins if that and they only had 1 train going.  When we came off we went over to adventureland and picked up an indy fastpass, then went on indy, when we came off we wondered over to the haunted mansion, then picked up a splash mountain fastpass!
We then went over to town square to watch the dedication ceramony, it was only about 5-10 mins long and had the classic disney charicters they mayor of disneyland and walts dedication speach!
After that we left the park and went into orange county to go shopping.
When we came back we went into Disney's California Adventure, picked up a Tower Of Terror fastpass then went on it! (can't wait for ours) we came out and then wondered over to soarin', i really love that ride, i hope we get it. We then carried on up the road and picked up a rapids fastpass
then walked over and queued for the aladdin show! it was absoloutly incredible, the magic carpet flys over your head, the show comes out into the seating area and the cast and stageing was fantastic. the genie was hilarious although some of his jokes were a bit old or american orientated so i didnt understand them all. When we came out we went over to paradise pier and waited for the Block Party Bash. Everyone was joining in and clapping with the music and i got pulled up to dance next to one of the floats, we then followed the parade to the end where at the end all the remainging nerf balls were thrown over the gate just as the last beat of the song hit!!! i got a red ball:)
As we were in the area we then decided to go over to californina screamin', the music cut out half way through the ride and without the music its not as impressive. :s Next we walked back over to the rapids, I have never ever been so drenched after going on a rapid ride in my life, i was abslolutly drenched but as it was a hot day i wasnt that bothered.
After we decided to go back to Soarin' and i was hoping it would blow dry me a little, but i dont think it made any difference! We then went back to fastpass the Tower of Terror then headed back over do the Magic Kingdom where we also handed in our fastpasses for space mountain and indy, then went over to get a good spot for Rememeer Dreams Come True. After we made our way over to the rivers of america for Fantasmic. Luckilly my brother had managed to book priority seating for Fantasmic which is on Walts balcony. We were given free drinks and also a desert buffet which had all sorts of nice things like cakes and fruits, but the view of fantasmic from there was incredible! When it finished we left and went on Space Mountain again then went back to the hotel and to bed!

Kristof

Thanks Jon, it's interesting to read your tips as well, will take them in consideration when we're visiting DL someday.