wow cool looks exactly like Johnny Depp
i like the new dog as well
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Looks far far better than I expected!  I'd like to see how he looks when he's moving though - from those photos he looks more like a wax work than an animatronic, I hope the movements are good....

Kinou

Saw some footages at the webast of POTC DeadMan's Chest Premiere and it's awesome, the movments looks so real, yet not out of place with the classic Marc Davis characters! Great!
Hug it out bitch !

Anthony

Thanks for the tip, just headed over to http://www.msnvideo.com myself, and it's amazing - their coverage is fantastic (considering it's msn - I'm guessing Disney had a lot of involvement in it), and Jack Sparrow looks AWESOME!  I *really* hope we get this for the 15th anniversary now.

The footage of Johnny Depp with Jack Sparrow was cool, and I like how much emphasis they're putting on the attraction.  It's obviously all a massive marketing stunt, but I love it!  :D

Maarten

Hopefully they will bring this upgrade next year during the 15th Anniversary to Paris. The audio-animatronics seem really well done. Besides that, I like the small additions like the use of the soundtrack in one part of the attraction and the Davy Jones projection. I can't wait to see this in Paris too. WDI did this upgrade tastefully, and I am glad they kept the spirit of the attraction.

Let's be honest, this whole upgrade is a move of the Walt Disney Company to earn more money out of the popularity of the movies and Jack Sparrow. But in the meantime, a lot of visitors expect to see Sparrow in the attraction. Many seem to be confused that the ride isn't the same as the movie... so to all those Disney-purists; I guess that Walt would have done the same thing (maybe even earlier) to meet the demand of the guests. I am aware that some people won't even notice the lack of Sparrow, but well... I think they wouldn't bother either if there are 4 animatronics more.

The Butlin Boy

Here are some new pics of the california version of the ride and some videos:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actulargeus.php?id=122

Anthony

*grumbles at someone using a flash in POTC*

But wow, that Davy Jones effect is very nicely done!  I didn't realise it'd be a vapour/steam kinda waterfall that your boat would actually pass through - nice idea! :D

experiment627

I got to ride Pirates yesterday!!!

Word spreat quickly, that they had opened the ride almost a week early in anticipation of high crowds during the holiday weekend. So, I went to the Magic Kingdom last night after training, ran into a few colleagues and off we were seekin' adventures and salty ole pirates!

Let me be straight: this is still WDW's "Pirates" with all its shortcomings... But the new additions have been see skill- and tastefully incorparted into the ride that they blew pretty much everyone away. (Literally: the updated canon-effects actually managed to blow the mouse ears right off a colleague's head  :wink: )

First the "Davy Jones Curtain" that you pass under, while he welcomes you to the world of Pirates. Then there's Barbossa attacking the fort... I thought this scene was overall a bit week, because I didn't get at the point why this was supposed to be Barbossa... and I'm not sure if I like their use of the movie score right here...

Then things go on as usual and you pass the "Dunking the Mayor"-scene... but something is different... and then you see him: Captain Jack Sparrow!!! I really can't praise this work of AA-technology enough. Jack looks so incredibly life-like! The best human-AA I've ever seen. His looks, his movements, even his skin are looking so real. On both rides I took last night, people were wondering aloud that this just had to be a real actor and not just a robot... You pass Jack once again hidden in that barrel - and again his movements are so Johnny Depp. Amazing.

But the real piece de resistance is the final scene in the treasure room... Jack Sparrow in there... Wow... just wow... I have never ever seen any robot as lifelike as this. This *is* Jack Sparrow. No doubt about it.

In short: it's still WDW's Pirates, but the new additions are nothing short of amazing!