Future Project Rumours

Started by Kristof, July 08, 2008, 01:16:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"That would be good! :lol:  

Just out of interest - if Splash Mountain did come to Paris would Cottonwood Creek become Critter Country, or would the area just remain as Frontierland?

I'd hope for Critter Country personally.

I'd hope for that too. I would love Splash Mountain in DLP so much, it's such a great attraction!

Agent Lex

Quote from: "RnRCj"Just out of interest - if Splash Mountain did come to Paris would Cottonwood Creek become Critter Country, or would the area just remain as Frontierland?

I think I'd hope for that too, mainly because Cottonwood Creek is the most boring area of DLP. I didn't even bother to remember what it was called, it's just "that boring dead end area" to me.

Kristof

Quote from: "luke85"
Quote from: "RnRCj"That would be good! :lol:  

Just out of interest - if Splash Mountain did come to Paris would Cottonwood Creek become Critter Country, or would the area just remain as Frontierland?

I'd hope for that too. I would love Splash Mountain in DLP so much, it's such a great attraction!

If they build Splash Mountain there, I most certainly do not want to see a Critter Country there.  Disney characters moving in to Frontierland??? No thanks!  Splash Mountain should be integrated in the Frontierland story.

luke85

QuoteIf they build Splash Mountain there, I most certainly do not want to see a Critter Country there.  Disney characters moving in to Frontierland??? No thanks!  Splash Mountain should be integrated in the Frontierland story.

But I've always seen Disney characters in this area of the park, like the Country Bears, Koda and Kenai from Brother Bear and Tigger etc. I understand that you don't want them invading Thunder Mesa, neither do I, but I don't really class Cottonwood Creek as Frontierland because it's so tucked out of the way.

RnRCj

Quote from: "Kristof"If they build Splash Mountain there, I most certainly do not want to see a Critter Country there.  Disney characters moving in to Frontierland??? No thanks!  Splash Mountain should be integrated in the Frontierland story.
I meant Critter Country as a completely seperate land (like in California). I just assumed that if we got Splash it would have the Song Of The South theme, in which case we should get Critter Country.

If Splash was going to be part of Frontierland however, then I agree it's story should be changed to fit the Frontierland theme.

Willow

Disney could always use the typical Log Flume theme of a old saw mill. It would fit with Big Thunder Mountain and Thunder Mesa. However, very restricted in terms of show scenes.

luke85

Quote from: "RnRCj"
Quote from: "Kristof"If they build Splash Mountain there, I most certainly do not want to see a Critter Country there.  Disney characters moving in to Frontierland??? No thanks!  Splash Mountain should be integrated in the Frontierland story.
I meant Critter Country as a completely seperate land (like in California). I just assumed that if we got Splash it would have the Song Of The South theme, in which case we should get Critter Country.

If Splash was going to be part of Frontierland however, then I agree it's story should be changed to fit the Frontierland theme.

This is what I meant too haha! If we were to get Critter Country, then it should be completely separate from Frontierland.

lil-shawn

I think it would be 1000 times better if they build something unique, lets take the
old concepts out of the boxes and but the western river expedition in this area.

the most here don´t like mmp because there are to much toons everywhere,
why now put splash mountain and critter country into a non toon area???

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Stiekema also mentioned, that future motto years and attractions are supposed to tie in better together.
Thanks for these posts, very interesting.

It'd be really nice if these "theme years" were basically expansions of the attractions and their themes themselves, overflowing into the park. So next year WDS could be filled with an expanded Toy Story atmosphere - loads of characters, bring over Pixar Play Parade (perhaps unlikely so soon), etc. Imagine if they'd have had a year-long Hollywood/Tower of Terror event in WDS with that projection show every night, ghosts wandering the park, Hollywood characters and street shows. It'd make it absolutely essential that you visit the new attractions in the year they open.

The worst thing about these recent theme years has been how they feel the need to tick certain boxes - something on the Castle, tick; banners down Main Street, tick. If they have a Toy Story Year in 2010, it'd be enough to just have things in WDS, maybe then even just in Toon Studio.

Makes me wonder what 2011's theme will be... there's not much you can do with The Little Mermaid beyond the attraction. Maybe a general water theme with a Pirates update of Adventure Isle included?

<end random speculation> :wink:

RnRCj

I was just reading through the Future Developments topic on Disney Central Plaza, and zygo posted this:

Quote from: "zygo at Disney Central Plaza"Comme j'ai trop parlé et que j'ai recu plusieurs MP, voila quelques infos complementaires.

Disney a "en principe" signé avec MACK pour la fourniture d'un flume (splash mountain ???) et de 2 options d'achats sur 2 systemes de dark ride (dont un omnimover). Une option d'achat ne veut pas dire qu'il vont faire valoir l'option de suite... ils peuvent le faire dans les 5 ans.

A mon avis, vu les darks rides que propose mack a son catalogue, ce pourrait etre winnie et la petite sirene.

Il faut savoir que mack a déjà fournit tous le systeme de pompes et consort de small world et potc.

Pour l'option d'achat, il l'ont deja fait avec Zamperla lors de la signature de CARS...
Now I didn't really understand most of this, so I put it through a translator! Here's what I got:

Quote from: "zygo on Disney Central Plaza"As I talked too much and that I have received several MP, here is some info accompanying.

Disney has "in principle" signed with Mack for the provision of a flume (splash mountain?) And 2 options on 2 systems dark ride (one omnimover). A call option is not to say he will enforce the option more ... they may do so within 5 years.

In my opinion, given the dark rides offered Mack's catalog, this could be winnie and small mermaid.

You should know that Mack had already provides all the system of pumps and consort of small world and potc.

For the call option, he had already done with Zamperla on signing CARS...
Can anybody make aything out of this? It might not be anything that interesting, but I just got excited over the words "Splash" and "Mountain" used very closely together. :P Could Mack possibly be the manufacturers of our Splash Mountain, if we get one?

Also, I believe this is the first we've heard of a Winnie The Pooh attraction?

experiment627

Quote from: "RnRCj"Could Mack possibly be the manufacturers of our Splash Mountain, if we get one?

Thanks for posting that rumour! All of a sudden I really want to go back to Europa-Park to check out Mack's attraction portfolio.  :wink:

If Disney chose Mack's ride designs for Splash Mountain it poses the fascinating question: what kind of water attraction would they order? A regular, old-style flume ride? A watercoaster? A super splash?

I think it was once mentioned that "Pooh" could become the neighbour for "The Little Mermaid".

All in all, this would sound too good to be true. (With the Toy Story Playland rides coming up next year and the "Ratatouille" ride still being in the cards as well...)

Still, it's a fun bit - and maybe another sign of things to come...

RnRCj

In some of the other posts in that topic, I managed to pick out the word "watercoaster" several times. It would certainly be an interesting twist on the Splash Mountain we all know! But I guess it would more expensive than a normal flume ride. :?:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "RnRCj"I was just reading through the Future Developments topic on Disney Central Plaza, and zygo posted this:

Quote from: "zygo at Disney Central Plaza"Comme j'ai trop parlé et que j'ai recu plusieurs MP, voila quelques infos complementaires.

Disney a "en principe" signé avec MACK pour la fourniture d'un flume (splash mountain ???) et de 2 options d'achats sur 2 systemes de dark ride (dont un omnimover). Une option d'achat ne veut pas dire qu'il vont faire valoir l'option de suite... ils peuvent le faire dans les 5 ans.

A mon avis, vu les darks rides que propose mack a son catalogue, ce pourrait etre winnie et la petite sirene.

Il faut savoir que mack a déjà fournit tous le systeme de pompes et consort de small world et potc.

Pour l'option d'achat, il l'ont deja fait avec Zamperla lors de la signature de CARS...
Now I didn't really understand most of this, so I put it through a translator! Here's what I got:

Quote from: "zygo on Disney Central Plaza"As I talked too much and that I have received several MP, here is some info accompanying.

Disney has "in principle" signed with Mack for the provision of a flume (splash mountain?) And 2 options on 2 systems dark ride (one omnimover). A call option is not to say he will enforce the option more ... they may do so within 5 years.

In my opinion, given the dark rides offered Mack's catalog, this could be winnie and small mermaid.

You should know that Mack had already provides all the system of pumps and consort of small world and potc.

For the call option, he had already done with Zamperla on signing CARS...
Can anybody make aything out of this? It might not be anything that interesting, but I just got excited over the words "Splash" and "Mountain" used very closely together. :P Could Mack possibly be the manufacturers of our Splash Mountain, if we get one?

Brilliant find J, well done and thanks for posting it :)

The thought of a new little zone at the back of Fantasyland, going under the train bridge where the theatre will have used to have been, including both The Little Mermaid AND Winnie the Pooh dark rides; I love it :mrgreen: I really hope this goes ahead.

And of course, the main part of it all is Splash Mountain. I know we've had a lot of rumours, but one that appears to be telling us that DLRP are in talks with manufacturers is quite exciting too. The next question is Song of the South, or something new (please let it be an adaptation of the old river wilderness ride that was planned years ago [-o< )

It also appears to say that it'll be over 5 years too! So that could be; Toy Story in 2010; The Little Mermaid in 2011?; Ratatouille in 2012?; Pooh in 2013?; Splash in 2014? Five years, there you have it; Perfect! Brilliant! Fantastic! :mrgreen:  :D/

Now lets just hope it's all true :roll:  :lol:

never2old

That would be great! One new ride per year for five years? Plenty of reasons to go back! Of course if that were the case, they wouldn't announce it... They don't want people to have an excuse to wait 5 years and for all the new rides to be completed, before visiting!

lil-shawn

QuoteIt also appears to say that it'll be over 5 years too! So that could be; Toy Story in 2010; The Little Mermaid in 2011?; Ratatouille in 2012?; Pooh in 2013?; Splash in 2014? Five years, there you have it; Perfect! Brilliant! Fantastic!  

i don´t think this will happen because of the costs, 3 darkrides and a splash mountain
are to expansive.
i think they have again just 250 million or a bit more euros to spend, so a darkride like
little mermaid would cost over 100 million, and ratatouille is over 150 million i think.

it would be really great if they build this time more highly themed and good quality
rides, but not 3 in DLP and just 2 in WDS. i think wds needs more attention right now,
this park needs to grow!
one day we will see what happen, hopefully we won´t get dissapointed!