Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giorgio1712

So it opened almost 2 hours ago and still no pics of the inside, typical!  :lol:

never2old

Just back from dinner in the DV and a quick stop in the beautiful new Starbucks!!

Sorry no pics yet but I can tell you it's open everyday from 8am to 2am (!!!!!!), and that it looks great!! There's the terrace outside, then as you come in there's a very welcoming sofa area to the left, some tables with chairs to the right. The counter is on the left side, and there was another seating area in the back. High ceiling, and overall very welcoming.  It was quite busy when we went in, really a success!!

We'll be going there tomorrow morning, for a first taste...

But I'm really excited about this. It looks great on the outside and great on the inside. And to be honest, it looks like it's always been there, it's merged very well with the rest of the Village!!

Ben!

One of the first places I'm going to go to when I get there in August xD

pussinboots

Pictures of the interior from ManuV on Disney Central Plaza:
http://img198.imageshack.us/i/syarbuckdv1.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/521/syarbuckdv2.jpg

Note the Disney-themed faux blackboard mural.

It's so swanky and atmospheric and inviting... Great job.

Pamani

Also notice the man with the computer (img 02), which maybe indicates Wi-fi  :D :D/
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

luke85

Wow, it looks great! I especially like the Disney/Starbucks faux-blackboard wall, a really nice touch! Can't wait to visit on my next trip!

peep

Looks great and very spacious. Though I doubt it'll look spacious once filled with peeps who need their coffee fix for the day. :P
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

kmara

wow, I am impressed! It looks great, the inside and the outside! and I wonder what the coffee will be like since I haven't been to starbucks before, but I like good coffee and the coffee in the parks still hasn't won me over...  :?
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

smurfy74

Their espresso based drinks are great, they are pretty consistent in each branch, their filter coffee can be a bit hit and miss depending on your likes and dislikes but thats down to personal taste, i like the estima blend and my partner loves the ethiopian sidamo ( which i dont ), its the frappucinnos im most looking forward to - yummy, i will make a beeline for there tomorrow  :D/

Kuzco

Great to see Starbucks finally open. And judging from the photo's it looks great, and looks to be an instant succes. Nestlé is going to have a hard one now to compete ;)
No touchy!

dagobert

The Starbucks looks really great inside. I can't wait to get a real cup of coffee.

Do you get the coffee in a real mug when you stay in the coffeehouse?

Alexander

You usually get a normal mug at Starbucks, yes, if you don't order to-go.
Life is different.

giorgio1712

Ok so dunno what the policy for posting pics from other sites/forums on here so ill just link it. But there are pics of the interior on dlrp times here.......

http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-32923923.html

Looks good to me, but really would have liked more sofas rather than solid tables and chairs. Nevermind, great addition to the village and can see myself spending time there.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Alexander"You usually get a normal mug at Starbucks, yes, if you don't order to-go.

I was wondering about this. I thought it might be some sort of European thing, a concession Starbucks made because continentals and Brits don't enjoy drinking from Sip Lids... And you do always see people drinking from those ceramic mugs, but they always put my coffee in a paper cup everywhere in Europe. (Without asking.) Odd. Surely you have to ask for it, unless I just happen to look like a "to-go" person.

I do know you can bring your own mug and they give you a small discount, though.

In any case, reusable mugs are better for the environment... So it suits the whole "green" concept.

Jaber

Opening Hours?