Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Quote from: "pussinboots"
Quote from: "Anthony"Thanks Aaron! I knew confirmation would finally come just via a map or something... :roll:

It's not really a bar though. What do they count New York Style Sandwiches as?

The website classifies it as fast food. But it's not like people wouldn't know what to expect at a Starbucks anyway...

But there's news! According to News DLRP, the location will open during the first week of July. They also report that this will be the very first "green" Starbucks (as in environmental), which might just tell us a lot about the design scheme. I'm picturing lots of green and khaki — like the inside of a large recycled paper bag. But who knows.

http://www.newsdlrp.com/dlrp-345-starbu ... rture.html

First week in July??  :cry: I was hoping it would be open when we go in June!! Going to have to wait longer for my latte with a slice of yummy carrot cake....

Still, the green bit sounds interesting... Looking forward to hearing more about that!

The Butlin Boy

"It's not easy, bein' green!

http://www.dlrptimes.com/article-31262275.html

:mrgreen:

dagobert

I like the green colour. It makes the Disney Village a little bit more colourful. In my opinion Starbucks is a great addition for the Village. Although I like the Nescafe coffee, I can't wait to get real coffee.

Disney Village should be a more like Downtown Disney at WDW. There should be more different shops which sell other products than DLRP merchandise.

lil-shawn

green is defenetly not my color  :P  
but hey it will give the village a good contrast.

QuoteDisney Village should be a more like Downtown Disney at WDW. There should be more different shops which sell other products than DLRP merchandise.

i argee with you in all points, but i think different disney merchandise in the shops will be big improvement too, i hate to see all the same stuff everywhere. but for the disney merchandise it would be better to bring in the world of disney store....

pussinboots

I love that green. And it's good to see that they're doing more than just paint it, seeing how little that tactic has done for the other Disney Village fixer-uppers. Lipstick on a blah-blah-blah.

And about the merchandise, I agree, Disneyland Paris' merchandise line might be a trifle too limited to warrant being sold in 3,281 shops throughout the resort. There's only so many times you need to see a coffee mug before you can decide whether or not you want it. Although there's also something disenchanting about buying something completely non-Disney on Disney property (which may why the vendors near the station aren't rolling in money.)
That's the only problem with it, though. If the merchandise were still as varied as it was in 1992, I doubt anyone would have a problem with yet another Disney store.

kmara

Quote from: "pussinboots"If the merchandise were still as varied as it was in 1992, I doubt anyone would have a problem with yet another Disney store.

=D>  =D>  [-o<
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Anthony

Lovely green. It actually sits really well between the yellow and peachy colours either side. I can't begin to imagine what those huge metal supports at the top will hold, though...

It'll be interesting to see if the popularity of this (because it's going to be a huge success, right?) prompts the resort's own catering departments to rethink anything.

smurfy74

do you reckon the poles will hold the seattle siren herself?????

like in the drive thru's

bigrossco

ooh please i beg not!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Anthony

Oh, I never thought about it being a drive-thru!

That'd definitely add some extra excitement to Disney Village... :lol:

smurfy74

@ anthony - i meant in essence without the drive through wording bit , i did say "like in the drive thru's" - stop teasing  :P

Agent Lex

Quote from: "Anthony"Oh, I never thought about it being a drive-thru!

That'd definitely add some extra excitement to Disney Village... :lol:
If you get the timing right, sometimes you'll see the characters drive thru fresh from the Stars and Cars parade! :P

Anthony

Quote from: "Agent Lex"If you get the timing right, sometimes you'll see the characters drive thru fresh from the Stars and Cars parade! :P
:lol: Snow White stopping by for a Frappuccino...

Though a lot of other Disney Village places are OTT on branding, I hope they keep the mermaid icon fairly minimal. Might not be good for sceptical people just arriving in DLRP to see a giant Starbucks sign followed by that huge "M" of McDonalds...

Riebi

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "Agent Lex"If you get the timing right, sometimes you'll see the characters drive thru fresh from the Stars and Cars parade! :P
:lol: Snow White stopping by for a Frappuccino...

Though a lot of other Disney Village places are OTT on branding, I hope they keep the mermaid icon fairly minimal. Might not be good for sceptical people just arriving in DLRP to see a giant Starbucks sign followed by that huge "M" of McDonalds...

I thin the problem is/was that they riped out the neons and big signs and replace it with ...nearly nothing!  :(
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Riebi

There are two new pics at dlp.info:

//http://www.dlp.info/News/2009/05/starbucks-confirmed-construction-update/

Looks interesting. Especialy how big the facade seems to be.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...