Starbucks Coffee in Disney Village

Started by Kristof, June 11, 2008, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

WellcI for one love Starbucks. And having one in the Village will give another excuse to stop there when driving around there... We don't have any in Luxembourg (no Burguer King either... Very uncivilsed place we're living in), so if we go past one when we're elsewhere we alwasys try to go in... And it's the same for Costa! Though Starbucks has the best carrot cake.... Hhhhhmmmmm hope to see it in the Village!!

Nala_84

I would have preferred a better themed coffehouse/Café in the Village. I don't like to see McDonalds and now another all-over-the-world thing. Plus I liked the old shop in there very much :(!

But now it's too late lol...
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

smurfy74

as much as im not a huge fan of mcdonalds, given the current state of the £/€ we were really glad it was there as it was the only reasonable place to eat without spending more on one meal than the whole trip cost, if starbucks had been open then we could have eaten there too, and they do some lovely veggie paninis too nala, as i know ur not a meat eater :D

as for it being better themed, we dont know what it will look like yet :D  but i think it will fit into the general american feel the village has :D

Riebi

Quote from: "Nala_84"I would have preferred a better themed coffehouse/Café in the Village. I don't like to see McDonalds and now another all-over-the-world thing. Plus I liked the old shop in there very much :(!

But now it's too late lol...

Same here! We should make a campain nala! :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Sure, Starbucks is generic, but at least you know you're getting reasonable coffee with lots of options (7 am: Venti quintuple-shot Americano, please, and hold the water). If a company like Illy had moved in, you'd have far less options and thimble-sized cups.

It's like Jamie vs. Nigella. It's pretentious fafafah-ing over Fresh Authentic Italian this and Arabica that versus just indulging in a big cup of deliciousness.

And worse, if Disney had done something on its own, you'd have Nescafe and the same pastries they have everywhere else in the resort.

So, speaking as a caffeine junkie, yay for Starbucks.

Riebi

Maybe cause I drank one time a wonderful cup of tea at the starbucks at frankfurt airport that made me sick the whole fly, but I´m not much in starbucks. I´m more a Segafredo-guy. One of the hot and spicy guys if you believe the adverts :lol:

But it´s not the thing of having a starbucks at disney village. It´s the thing that they change a wonderful store into a coffee shop. Why not a real expansion of the village. The village hardly needs a bigger scale of things to do. Change a store into a allknown coffee shop isn´t the right way to do that.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"Maybe cause I drank one time a wonderful cup of tea at the starbucks at frankfurt airport that made me sick the whole fly, but I´m not much in starbucks. I´m more a Segafredo-guy. One of the hot and spicy guys if you believe the adverts :lol:

But it´s not the thing of having a starbucks at disney village. It´s the thing that they change a wonderful store into a coffee shop. Why not a real expansion of the village. The village hardly needs a bigger scale of things to do. Change a store into a allknown coffee shop isn´t the right way to do that.

True. It is odd that they couldn't think of a better place for it. And even if they weren't willing to actually erect a new building for it, surely there are places that need to be euthanized more than the Buffalo Trading Co. Disney Fashion anyone...?

As for Segafredo, well, that's pretty much the same as Illy, isn't it. Good coffee, but... Thimbles.

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"As for Segafredo, well, that's pretty much the same as Illy, isn't it. Good coffee, but... Thimbles.

:lol:  Seems you need more coffee then lorelai gilmore!
 :lol: COFFEE!  :lol:

I often take the special offers like coffee + prosecco + cake = 5 €  :mrgreen: If I ever take a seat next to you at segafredo I´ll donate you my coffee  and I take the rest. CAKE! :lol:

pussinboots

Quote from: "Riebi"
Quote from: "pussinboots"As for Segafredo, well, that's pretty much the same as Illy, isn't it. Good coffee, but... Thimbles.

:lol:  Seems you need more coffee then lorelai gilmore!
 :lol: COFFEE!  :lol:

I often take the special offers like coffee + prosecco + cake = 5 €  :mrgreen: If I ever take a seat next to you at segafredo I´ll donate you my coffee  and I take the rest. CAKE! :lol:

Promises promises! Did you know that Alexis Bledel, who played Rory Gilmore, hates coffee and that they used to put Coke in her cup instead? Fun facts!

Riebi

Quote from: "pussinboots"Promises promises! Did you know that Alexis Bledel, who played Rory Gilmore, hates coffee and that they used to put Coke in her cup instead? Fun facts!

Nooooo! I don´t knew this! Great fun fact! :D

But for the coffee: You can have it  :lol:  I´m also happier with coke  :lol:

I´m interested how they theme this ex-buffalo store now under the starbucks influence. Any ideas?

phantom247

Scrooge At Disney Magic Interactive has a picture of the works inside tryed to copy and paste but did not work for some reason.

peep

Quote from: "pussinboots"Promises promises! Did you know that Alexis Bledel, who played Rory Gilmore, hates coffee and that they used to put Coke in her cup instead? Fun facts!

You lie, she wouldn't dare do such a thing! I can never watch Gilmore Girls again in the same light as I used to :(

Hehe, I kid :P Gilmore Girls FTW

I'm intrigued to see how this is coming along, shame it can't be ready and open for next week :D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Riebi

Quote from: "peep"You lie, she wouldn't dare do such a thing! I can never watch Gilmore Girls again in the same light as I used to :(

Puss! You´ve destroyed peeps dream world!

For the pics: Why not posting a link? :D

pussinboots

Yes, I have a tendency to do that... Did you hear Dumbledore dies?

The link: http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/p ... 880#p57880

It really makes you wonder how much they will rip out. I had assumed they would de-cowboy the place and turn it into your average neighborhood Starbucks location, but now I'm starting to think that perhaps they will simply integrate their shop into the existing space?

Like this Paris Starbucks location for example:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicole_hugo/833899418/

smurfy74

the one in the champs elysee is very similar, although these are grand buildings so are probably protected in some way. I reckon all of what was there will be ripped out, im hoping they use the early starbucks signage as a retro look, but not long now until we find out for sure :D