[HKDL] Construction Work at Adventureland

Started by Owain, June 05, 2008, 06:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

From Disneytheque;
QuoteAdventureland been some work on the side of the future expansion ... No info on the nature thereof, but the Disneyland Railroad, the train moving around the park is closed for one month.

Hmm, i wonder if this is general work or the start of a soon exspansion to there adventureland. It would seem stupid though as they already have the biggest adventureland out of all World-Wide magic kingdom style parks. I guess time will tell  :)

Source; HKDL source //http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/97-Lactu-de-Hong-Kong-Disneyland-en-2008.html

Kristof

According to HKDLsource it's for a Haunted House or a maze for the Halloween season.

Maarten

How exciting! Hopefully it will be a more permanent attraction then the Huanted Hotel from last year, which seems to be the case since they are removing landscaping and constructing a tunnel under the train tracks. Ofcourse I would like to see the Haunted Mansion or Pirates Mountain, but for some reason I think a Raging Spirits clone would be a wise move aswell since the park has no thrill attractions and Space Mountain is very popular overthere.

Quote from: "Owain"Hmm, i wonder if this is general work or the start of a soon exspansion to there adventureland. It would seem stupid though as they already have the biggest adventureland out of all World-Wide magic kingdom style parks. I guess time will tell  :)

But they've got the smallest Adventureland attraction wise. The park needs all additions it can get because its simply too small right now. Besides, its the only area in the park thats hasn't got any new rides or expansion, unlike Tomorrowland (Autopia, UFO Zone), Fantasyland (Its A Small World) and Main Street USA (Animation Academy, Art of Animation).

Anthony

Good thinking. Raging Spirits might be really good for the park actually, it's outdoor, well-themed, thrilling. I'm not sure what their market is like though. An Indy Adventure, Pirates/Splash mixture or even an Adventureland Haunted Mansion might be more interesting, but much more expensive.

It seems unlikely they'd go to these lengths for some temporary season thing (having said that, I did just see their submarine tent for the first time... !)

This is one the best sights you can see in a Disney park though. Especially when they surround it by those great fences with the jungle cut-outs on top and well-themed signs. HKDL just went way up in my estimations.

Malin

What ever this project is its on a large scale, I was out there a few weeks a go and that parcel of land is huge. What ever this attraction is it will not be tempory.

I think Raging Spirits would be a terrible idea for this park. First the only reason it was given the green light for TDS is that it was cheap and quick to build. The attraction is very lame and from my understanding I don't think the Chinese like coasters that much. Space Mountain was a walk on the entire time I was at the park. The guest seem more concern in taking pictures anyway and all seem to enjoy Jungle Cruise and Small World more.

Hong Kong Disneyland is a small park but high in quality. Watch out for my pictures coming soon.

AmericanMouse

Two things.

1. "Pirates of the Carribbean."

2. "Haunted Mansion."

Both will eventually come in the next few years.

Owain

Seems like it was just construction for a bridge which will be the opening of a future expansion  :D

From Disneytheque;

QuoteSome new work underway at Adventureland. Indeed, they are aimed at putting into service of a bridge at the Railroad, open door to the expansion of the park! Other evidence that it is close, the Hong Kong government and Disney are currently negotiating development 5 hectares (yellow zone on the plan below) which would see the arrival of 2 new lands: may be Frontierland and Toon Town. At the heart of the park, new attractions would also emerge in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. The whole work would be spread over a period of 5 years.

Source; Disneytheque.com / mickey20d

Anthony

Wow, that's still very exciting.

I quite like the way that in the future the railroad in HK will run within the park, rather than around its edge. That way you're passing through the lands rather than just around the edge of them, much more interesting.

Owain

More photos of the work;

Source; Disneytheque.com

HKDLfan

And the temporary walk-through attraction for Haunted Halloween 2008.

Kristof

HKDLfan, I merged your post with the already existing topic, so we have all the news under one post.  :D

Owain

Disneytheque say;

QuoteHong Kong Disneyland will receive assistance as a loan of 425 million dollars from The Walt Disney Company to continue its expansion in the years to come. We can perhaps expect announcements in the coming weeks ...

And the bridge area is finished :);

From; Disneytheque.com

Offtopic; Did TWDC ever give DLRP a big loan like this for exspansion ?

HKDLfan

Quote from: "Anthony"Good thinking. Raging Spirits might be really good for the park actually, it's outdoor, well-themed, thrilling. I'm not sure what their market is like though. An Indy Adventure, Pirates/Splash mixture or even an Adventureland Haunted Mansion might be more interesting, but much more expensive.

It seems unlikely they'd go to these lengths for some temporary season thing (having said that, I did just see their submarine tent for the first time... !)

This is one the best sights you can see in a Disney park though. Especially when they surround it by those great fences with the jungle cut-outs on top and well-themed signs. HKDL just went way up in my estimations.
I'm a fully Hong Konger and I know what the HKers need. We like indoor (because it's always hot and rainy outside), thrilling, intense, well-themed and high-tech rides.

Owain

Quote from: "HKDLfan"We like indoor (because it's always hot and rainy outside), thrilling, intense, well-themed and high-tech rides.

Maybe HK shouldve got our Space mountain then....

HKDLfan

Here are some new pictures which were captured on 13 Oct.
There's a tent! It is just next to the Demon Jungle.
[attachment=2:1xq0pw0g]001.jpg[/attachment:1xq0pw0g]
[attachment=1:1xq0pw0g]002.jpg[/attachment:1xq0pw0g]
[attachment=0:1xq0pw0g]003.jpg[/attachment:1xq0pw0g]