Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

As long as you have proof of both co editions of course you can get 2 passes which means you can also get into parades disability area together

TInkus

Quote from: polar vixen on July 23, 2017, 05:16:19 PM
As long as you have proof of both co editions of course you can get 2 passes which means you can also get into parades disability area together

Great, Thank you, Would my husband need a letter from Dr aswell or will his blue badge be sufficient enough, sorry this is all new to us
2004 - Santa Fe, DLP
2005 - Cheyenne, DLP
2005 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2006 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2007 - Newport Bay, DLP
2009 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
2010 - WDW, FL
2013 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
Nov 2015 - Sequoia Lodge, DLP
Nov 2017 ----

pandaface

Hello!!

Need some help please! It's our first trip with me being disabled. I've got a blue badge, I'll be in a wheelchair and I'll have a letter from my GP (although I haven't read it as yet). The Disney helpline man also suggested I bring a letter from the council (perhaps my PIP letter?).

I'm really really confused about all of the different colours and abbreviations people are using! Is someone able to talk me through exactly what I need to do, where to go, what to bring and then what to expect please please? We're arriving on Wednesday so I know I've left asking on the forum a little late, but I've only just found it!

It's only our second trip, as well as being our honeymoon (whoop!!) so I'm desperate for my crappy body not to ruin everything for us.

All advice is very gratefully received  :)

Rachxxx

polar vixen

What yoyve alreadt got us fine. Take it to city hall in the main park or guest services just inside the entrance to the studios and theyll give you the appropriate card.

Zee79

We went last summer with my dad in a wheelchair for the first time, we had no problems at city hall when we produced his blue badge and explained what his condition was and got the appropriate card.

pinkprincesspins

Hi
I just thought someone might be able to help me or offer advice (and save me ringing Disney lol).
I have a physical disability in one leg which makes standing (and sometimes walking) painful to not possible depending on the day. I am a single mum and the last time I went to dlp (the first time as a mum) I was surprised at how much i struggled. However I was (and still am) scared to even try to get a priority pass because of the advice online which says you need an able bodied helper aged over 18 or you can't go on the rides, and I travel alone with my son (who is 5). I don't need that level of support but I would benefit from queuing for less time (wouldn't everybody lol) and being able to have a sit down in restaurants or whatever when I needed to.
Does anyone know if I could still get the priority pass or whether it wouldn't be suitable for  my situation.
Thank you  :D
ppp xx

Mattj500

Their concern over having an adult companion is, who's going to help you on and off, particularly if there is an evacuation.
Explain your situation and try. Even if you get a pass for some lower risk rides or for restaurants it may help.

Karmaviolet

If you can walk and stand, but simply have difficulty doing this for a prolonged period, you would have "difficulty walking and standing" ticked on the pass, which does not require an adult carer. 
If you use a wheelchair (even if you can transfer), you may end up with "Wheelchair user" ticked, which would require a carer.

flytime

Doing DLP for the first time this November.  Child will be in wheelchair. We are from Florida and at WDW (our home park) she has a handicap card.  Same for California.  I am confused by all the colors people are talking about here. What do I need to bring (besides her wheelchair) to get the appropriate pass?  She can transfer easily, just cannot be on feet for long periods of time, over 5 minutes, or walk more than 15 feet at a time.

juttawdw

A letter from a Dr stating her diagnoses and that is permanent and she is not able to walk distances and has difficulty standing in line.

Woody2707

Hi
I was hoping someone would be able to help. My wife suffers with highly active autism and a serve social phobia amongst other things. She is very prone to random attacks when in large crowds or crowded spaces. she does not drive so does not have a blue badge and she does not recieve any pip payments or DLA, is she still able to obtain a disability pass for parades and shows when we go to Disney and if so what will she need? Thank you.

juttawdw

If she gets a letter from a gp  stating her condition and inability to queue, yes she is.

jayney69

We're going for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. I normally use a wheelchair but this time was going to take my mobility scooter as it saves someone pushing me all day. Is it still possible to get the disabled access card using this? I have a Blue Badge and hospital letter etc as well.

NCC1701Q

No problem, it's the paperwork that matters, not if you come in a wheelchair, with crutches or a mobility scooter.