Accessibility — disability passes, questions, tips

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 07:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Share here your tips for DLRP guests with special access needs!  <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Anthony

The best tip I can give is basically to get yourself a copy of the "Guide for Guests with Disabilities".  You can order a copy here: http://www.disneylandparis.com/cgi-bin/ ... =uk&v=&cp=  or download it here: http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/good_ ... sitors.htm

It could also be a good idea to search around various forums for trip reports where a disabled person has been visiting, since they'll give some good advice and tips based on what they experienced during their visit.

kate

hi baloo

thanks

i have requested the disabled guide many times (around 10 or 12) via the website.  i have also emailed dlrp direct but no joy, i have never recieved one, it drives me mad!!

does anybody have any experiences of eating in any of the restauarnts on a special diet - my child is gluten and dairy free.  thank you.
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Kristof

You can call the reservation line for brochures, so I guess you can request the guide for disabled guests there too.  :idea:

kate

thanks raptor, i'll try that. :D

kate

well, it's very strange, after posting on here about contacting dlrp so many times for a disabled guide and they never responded, one dropped through my letter box this morning! how weird is that????

nothing beats info from people who've experienced it though , si if there's anybody who has travelled with disabled guests and has any tips i'd love to hear them, thanks

disneyoholic

hi i wondered if anyone knows if you are also able to hire electric wheelchairs from disney?  many thanks  :D
WDW 1994
WDW 1995
DLRP 1996
WDW 1997
DLRP 1999/2000 New Year Millennium Party
WDW 2001
WDW 2006
DLRP 2007

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "kate"well, it's very strange, after posting on here about contacting dlrp so many times for a disabled guide and they never responded, one dropped through my letter box this morning! how weird is that????

nothing beats info from people who've experienced it though , si if there's anybody who has travelled with disabled guests and has any tips i'd love to hear them, thanks

What sorts of things do you want to know - experience as a Social Worker taking clients, Make a Wish trips, Visually Impaired and Wheelchair user guests.  My mom is disabled too.

My wife and mother have special dietary needs, but for time purposes, if you ask questions, I am happy to answer.
since 2001 (many before that)

Stitch_Germany

Hi,

I am pretty new on board.
I am a disabled person using a electric wheelchair.
We booked Hotel New York  for mid of May.
Has anybody information about the rooms in this hotel?

Thanks
Meike

ailsa

It's alright we used it 14 years ago but it might have changed since then! For my sister who is in a wheelchair (and severely disabled) it wasn't that good it was hard to manuver her but we need more room than most wheelchair users. I'll ask my mum to see what she said but I think one of the problems was distance, it's ok if you ca quickly walk it but it takes longer in a wheelchair!

Stitch_Germany

Which distance was the problem?

ailsa

It was the distance from the hotel to the park adn the fact that we had to que to get into the park. People don't often understand that she can't que but if you ca move quckly and can que then it should be fine!

Stitch_Germany

I am sorry.
I don't get that.
What is que?
Stand in a queue?

I have an electrical wheelchair. So the distance is no problem.

ailsa

Yeh it's queue considering English is my first language it's pretty bad!  :oops:  If you're in an Electric wheelchair and can queue then it should be fine :) I asked my mum and she said that othe than the problems we had it was nice hotel!

Stitch_Germany

Thanks alisa!
English is my second language - I am a German.
 :D

So I hope that New York Hotel is good for me and I can get around there.