Disney Village Expansion/Improvements

Started by Kristof, August 21, 2005, 02:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

What I've been wondering earlier: why don't they just remove the footers of the former pillars? It can't be that hard to remove some concrete. I can't see the point of keeping them. They've been used as platform for some planters, but I guess that was just done because it was the easiest way to quickly dress them.

You would expect them to remove these footers during such an extensive rehab.

Riebi

Maybe it´s to hard for them to remove this. Could be something inside that can´t be removed with less effort. A lepricon or something :mrgreen:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Kristof

A lot of the footers have been removed.  The ones remaining will be used as small stages.

Timbo

Quote from: "Remco K."What I've been wondering earlier: why don't they just remove the footers of the former pillars? It can't be that hard to remove some concrete. I can't see the point of keeping them. They've been used as platform for some planters, but I guess that was just done because it was the easiest way to quickly dress them.

You would expect them to remove these footers during such an extensive rehab.
I have to agree , seems odd that these have been left as they are !! even if they built a raised wall around them and turned them into to planters or better still a water feature it would be a huge improvement . Maybe they are not finished with the area yet and we will have to wait a little longer !

Kristof

QuoteI have to agree , seems odd that these have been left as they are !! even if they built a raised wall around them and turned them into to planters or better still a water feature it would be a huge improvement . Maybe they are not finished with the area yet and we will have to wait a little longer !

I explained in the previous post why some are still there!

Timbo

I think the last posting overlapped with yours !!

The Butlin Boy

I really like the new improvements in DV, it just made the area a much more enjoyable and pleasant place to be in. :D/ Well done DLRP =D>

Riebi

Good to hear that! Are the lights in the trees now on at night ?

lil-shawn

i found 2 pictures at dlp.info from billy bobs how it looks now. I like the trees and it dosent look to cheap  :)

I think the very plastic looking cover looks very cheap however overall its much better. It helps, along with the trees the building sit better into the street scene rather than an ugly box  with a few chairs outside. Another small step in the right direction.

arno-hh

I think it looks okay! but I think I red somewhere that there will be a balcony?!

Bye
Arno

Soap

Well i kinda like this. It's indeed much more of street instead of some industrial place!
Keep up the good work!
Well a balcony? Where? Hmmm..... :-k
It looks a bit strange 2 times Billy Bob's above eachother, don't it?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Reiana

Well, I think, it looks pretty good  :D I like it very much.
Balcony? I think, the part behind the trees is some kinda dining area. So you can sit in the shadow behind some trees and watch pepole pass by. Nice.  =D>

Riebi

I like the trees there much. Don´t know why but I´m falling in love with them :mrgreen:

For the terrace I need a not as close pic to get the whole area.

Riebi

scrooge from DMI has posted some other pics showing the renovation of Planet Hollywood and the terrasses of Billy Bobs and Café mickey:

Source: //http://www.disneymagicinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1169&start=135

What I like:
I like the trees in front of Billy Bobs and I also like the terrasse which remember myself at Paris. I like also this wonderful chairs at billy bobs.
It´s great that the continue the refurb of planet hollywood.

I don´t like:
The terrasse at Café Mickey looks a bit hm too fast builded and not finished. Hope we see some planters there too.
I also would like to see a big neon sign back at Billy Bob´s.